PDA

View Full Version : I've Reviewed All the Scripts!

lawriejaffa
12-13-2008, 01:21 PM
Thats right i've reviewed allll the scripts now and overall they were an insane mix at a level of quality that overall made me appreciate more just how everyone has to offer. There's quite a few i would just love to make into shorts for LoveFest and am delighted that so many folk followed the noir angle on the fest!

So when your a bad ass like me that has read and reviewed all the scripts add yourself to the thread! Woop woop!

Chris_Keaton
12-13-2008, 01:47 PM
I finished them all yesterday. Geeze it wasn't that hard. Especially when they were all pretty good. :cheesy:

lawriejaffa
12-13-2008, 01:53 PM
Yeah but theres only so many times you can read 'Sam takes another drag of his cigarette' hehe ;)

No of course i enjoyed reading them all its great, its the first ScriptFest i've answered and its great getting feedback from your peers. Theres so many id love to see get made now!

DarkElastic
12-13-2008, 03:38 PM
Just 5 remaining for me!

Brandon Rice
12-14-2008, 12:13 PM
I've had an insane weekend..trying to get to a lot of them today and tonight, and review/rate.

lawriejaffa
12-14-2008, 01:14 PM
Keep up the good work Brandon! This thread is the er elite zone for those brave few who review everybodies script! I felt compelled too myself (though goodness knows that will be harder with the film festivals themselves.)

seansshack
12-14-2008, 02:37 PM
all four of my kids have been down with chest colds. So not a lot of sleep in the Ryan house in the last few days.

But I will get through them all. Oh yes I will. So long as I get a few hours kip...

CallaghanFilms
12-14-2008, 02:40 PM
I just joined the "All Read - All Reviewed - All Rated" club.

DarkElastic
12-14-2008, 02:47 PM
I just joined the "All Read - All Reviewed - All Rated" club.

You never left a favourite quote on mine Callaghan, why was that?

lawriejaffa
12-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Oh now your busted Callaghan lol - congrats mate you've joined the brave ranks of the all reviewers!

CallaghanFilms
12-14-2008, 03:20 PM
You never left a favourite quote on mine Callaghan, why was that?
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showpost.php?p=1493881&postcount=14

Noel Evans
12-14-2008, 05:29 PM
Getting there... using this pre xmas monday morning to get through.

X-Mas is Thursday next week - whered the time go? :S

lawriejaffa
12-15-2008, 02:36 AM
Tell me about it all the time has vanished this year! I've got a horrible feeling ill end up rushing into March editing my Lossfest entry the night before deadline!

DarkElastic
12-15-2008, 03:09 AM
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showpost.php?p=1493881&postcount=14

DarkElastic
12-15-2008, 07:42 AM
Well, that is me complete. I am being honest when I say I enjoyed reading every script. They all had good in them in varying ways. Thanks.

seansshack
12-16-2008, 02:44 AM
Commented and rated all of the entries.

Great talent on display here. Some really interesting stories and I hope I get the opportunity to see some of them in film form.

Well done to all. Great fest.

Noel Evans
12-16-2008, 04:05 AM
Well Ive read all but two and rated them, comments are coming a little slower, but Ill get there.

lawriejaffa
12-16-2008, 11:48 AM
I know lol its easy to get ol' review fatigue haha

Noel Evans
12-17-2008, 05:55 AM
All read and rated... some comments still to come, but not right now - Im wasted (tired only, no narcotics).

(Not saying this is a bad thing) - The predominant component of this script fest has to be the smoking detective - good thing was thats the only commonality, some good characters this fest.

GrizzlyGuy
12-21-2008, 06:51 PM
Count me in the club. I've read them all and commented on them all. Good work everyone!

lawriejaffa
12-21-2008, 09:07 PM
Now your a real man!

alex whitmer
12-21-2008, 11:29 PM
Read and voted on all, still need to comment on a few.

10 pages really made a difference in read time.

a

Nektonic
12-22-2008, 01:55 AM
Same as Alex. Finished reading and voting on all of them yesterday afternoon. Still have to comment on a few more.

Great job all around everybody. I am blown away.

themightyshrub
12-22-2008, 05:13 PM
All done! I'm a bit worried I missed the deadline to rate a couple of them, but it seemed to let me do it. I hope there was some kind of anomaly that allows those late votes to still count, because a few of the last ones I read were amongst my favourites!

Nektonic
12-23-2008, 12:10 AM
All done! I'm a bit worried I missed the deadline to rate a couple of them, but it seemed to let me do it. I hope there was some kind of anomaly that allows those late votes to still count, because a few of the last ones I read were amongst my favourites!

I'm sure that there is a little extra time left at the end. I think Isaac just wants to keep things moving and if we didn't have a deadline some of us (ahem, little old me) might never finish, especially during the helli... I mean holidays.

Read and voted on all, still need to comment on a few.

10 pages really made a difference in read time.

a

I agree, but at the same time I am thankful I had more pages to work with this time. Structurally my last scriptfest entry was kind of a mess due to the 6 page limit being a bit small for me. I think the holidays were partially to blame for there being less entries this time.

Although this round there were only 25 scripts. Last fests there were, if I remember correctly about 40 to 50 scripts.

This is just an idea, but I suggest that we still have a voting deadline for the scriptfests, but why not have a longer reading and voting period? Unless the next scriptfest is going to start right away I don't see why we couldn't extend the reading period a little bit. Just a wee bit. Maybe another 3-4 days.