PDA

View Full Version : Artist Profile Video

thefilmaddict
12-09-2008, 10:36 PM
I just completed a profile video for an artist. You can see the H264 Quicktime version here:

http://morrisbrothersfilms.com/painter.html

I shot it using my Sony EX1 in 1080 24p mode. The first few shots use the Brevis with a Nikon 50mm lens. The rest is all stock lens. I lit the interview, but everything else is natural light. I edited in FCP and did minor color correction. The music came from soundtrack pro.

Seamus McFlannel
12-11-2008, 08:07 PM
Hey thefilmaddict,
That is a flat-out tremendous piece of work. Excellent, excellent, excellent.
Just beautiful photography, great editing... everything.
Great, great work.
Seamus+

thefilmaddict
12-13-2008, 11:52 AM
Thanks, Seamus. It was a no budget shoot, but I enjoyed trying to capture an artist in the early stage of his career. I started this when I first got my camera. I thought that painting would be a good visual subject for the EX1 and a good way to experiment with the camera. Painting is a slow process with lots of good color.

Nik Manning
01-27-2009, 09:44 PM
Wow that dog portrait was amazing! great stuff.

kubalsky
01-28-2009, 03:40 PM
this is great. can you tell me what mic you used for his interview?

frisco
01-28-2009, 03:56 PM
Well done !!!!

frisco

thefilmaddict
01-29-2009, 10:45 AM
Thanks!

I used a wireless lavalier mic made by Lectrosonics. It was not cheap, but it's very dependable and sounds good. I could have used a shotgun on a fishpole, but I never have any sound issues and often just use the lectrosonic (you don't have to worry about any lighting issues/shadows).

Nasser
02-01-2009, 05:37 AM
Well done ; did you used any lighting setup for the interview ?

thefilmaddict
02-01-2009, 08:16 PM
I did light the interview. I brought my small lowel kit. I used an omni with an umbrella as a key and put it near the camera. I hit the side of his face and top of head with an omni with some frost diffusion and a blue gel. I also lit the background a bit with another omni light with ND gels on it. I had to keep it simple as the room was tight. If I had more room, I would have used a fill.