PDA

View Full Version : MacBook Output Alternative

marley1215
12-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Hey, i just found out that since i only have a macbook (not pro) i can't export my final video in fcp to pro res. The option simply just doesnt appear. I have absolutely no idea what i should do now to get good vids out of my hmc150:( im super bummed and i cant afford to just go and buy a whole new quad core computer. Is there any suggestions on what are some other ways/programs/filming settings or anything so i can make it all good again?! I've currently been converting my footage in toast to aic. Thanks alot for your help!

marley1215
12-03-2008, 10:35 PM
Basically I just need someone to tell me the exact steps to shoot a good skate vid with th best quality i can get.

My set up is:
Macbook(just the standard one)
Hmc150
FCP 4
Toast 9

thats it...i literally need a step by step plan to shoot and get good videos to edit with. like what mode to shoot in and what i should convert it to in toast and then what i should export it in in fcp all doing this with just a macbook. Pleeaaseee help:( thanks

matt s.
12-03-2008, 10:42 PM
FCP 4 is your problem
I was going to suggest DVCPROHD but
i dont even know if that version supports DVCPROHD.
If Im not mistaken you only need a macpro if you will be capturing prores straigt to the mac
you could always transcode down to DV

JonathanS
12-04-2008, 01:13 AM
Isn't FCP4 PowerPC-only? Wasn't 5.something the first Intel-native version? In which case, you're in for a bag of hurt: running video editing software in emulation is likely to be extremely painful.

You might want to look at upgrade options for your FCP4 license. Final Cut Studio 2 (the current version - contains FCP6) states system requirements including a proper graphics card, which your MacBook, unless it's the brand new model, doesn't have. However, I can confirm that Final Cut itself will run quite happily on the white (or black) MacBooks. Motion and Color won't work, but FCP will.

Ordinarily, I'd suggest looking at Final Cut Express... but as far as I know, that hasn't yet been updated to support the HMC150.

David Saraceno
12-04-2008, 09:17 AM
FCP 4 is a PPC application that isn't compatible with Intel Macs, which is what your MacBook is.

DVCProHD wasn't supported until 4.5, and that was marginal support. Full support came with 5.0.4 and has improved.

You have the wrong software for running on that MacBook.

Step by step?

Upgrade to FCS2.

No other way around it.