PDA

View Full Version : ••WHOA...have you seen this?••

Coco Bermudez
12-03-2008, 12:03 AM
I don't know if this has been posted already...but I just saw this and was blown away by it...a D90 did this? Absolutely amazing! (IF THIS WAS POSTED BEFORE...sorry...I tried searching for it but I could not find a similar post)

http://www.vimeo.com/2046883
Password: andy

Any thoughts gang?

Coco Bermudez
12-03-2008, 12:07 AM
yep...it has to be the D90...ive anaized several fram by fram and I have seen the wiggle waggles...but it is so well edited...you can hardly see it...awesome freaking stuff...I am a believer!

bronxjragon
12-03-2008, 12:55 AM
its been posted before. d90.

dvpixl
12-03-2008, 12:57 AM
yep it was. somewhere here...

I think this video works because of the content as well as the talent and the editing style.

otherwise all the flaws of the cameras were well hidden. the execution is perfect. and great music to go with it.

the guy made it work. and he could probably do the same with an Hf10.

its all in the application and the desire to make it work.

Coco Bermudez
12-03-2008, 01:00 AM
its been posted before. d90.

do you know where the thread is? i would love to read the comments and observations

Rylan
12-03-2008, 01:53 AM
I've used the dvxuser search engine for this not to long ago,and I think the thread has been deleted by the original poster.

I was thinking about this video the other day because it a good use of custom curves in the D90.Great nuggets of info were in that thread...wonder why he deleted it?

Anyways.Thanks for bringing this back up to the surface.

bronxjragon
12-03-2008, 07:58 AM
yeah maybe its deleted. i dont know why some of the more useful threads are deleted sometimes. there was a great thread before about how to sync audio and video using an ipod or something like that. hopefully u find the thread again

Coco Bermudez
12-03-2008, 08:12 AM
thats too bad....i used to be skeptical about the possibilities of this cam...but after watching this video, I am convinced that this is a powerful little cam.

I know it gets knocked down alot...but who can look at this music video and call the D90 a piece of junk?

In the hand of he right person, this camera is amazing. Reminds me of all these cool experimental videos done with the Pixelvision 2000. By all accounts of specs, the Fisher Price camera was a piece of junk...but some poeple could make incredible things

I wish we could come up with some segmentation for the d90 part of this forum....this way we can separate videos, tech talk, tips and tricks...etc. etc. This way, all useful post would not get lost in a sea of postings upon postings

Luis Caffesse
12-03-2008, 08:40 AM
yeah maybe its deleted. i dont know why some of the more useful threads are deleted sometimes.

Just to be clear - The original thread was deleted by the Director of the video who posted it, not by the mods.

Coco Bermudez
12-03-2008, 09:24 PM
Just to be clear - The original thread was deleted by the Director of the video who posted it, not by the mods.

Hey Luis:

if this is the case, and I am breaking some sort of privacy law of the director, then please feel free to delete this posting. I found this link and posting at the Canon 5d usergroup

Car3o
12-03-2008, 10:14 PM
the guy had this thread and posted the password...so i don't see a point of it getting deleted. he should change the vimeo's password if he doesn't want people seein git.

awomias
12-04-2008, 08:00 AM
The last few seconds of that clip has the noise and squiggles (old damaged film look). Where can I get a filter/plugin to do that with Final Cut Pro?

Luis Caffesse
12-04-2008, 08:16 AM
I dropped him a line and haven't heard back.
I also did a quick search online and found the link and password posted in numerous other forums and blogs - so I'm not too worried about it.

Ramon Boutviseth
01-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Lol everyone knows about the password.. i'll take it off.

NJ3118
01-05-2009, 02:27 PM
The last few seconds of that clip has the noise and squiggles (old damaged film look). Where can I get a filter/plugin to do that with Final Cut Pro?

red giant (magic bullet suite) has a plugin package called MisFire that allows that old film look..works quite well!

Ramon Boutviseth
01-05-2009, 02:29 PM
if you go on yahoo.com and type in film clutters , there is some stock footage with that stuff you can just overlay over your footage

Erik Olson
01-05-2009, 03:20 PM
Happy New Year, Ramon. I'm still loving your work. Are you in Hazzard right now or in LA?

e

mattsand
01-05-2009, 03:33 PM
why do you link to imdb pro in your sig? so we can see your box office scores? ;-) most pros i know don't subscribe to that unless they are producers and hardly even then, other people neither of course, so the link works for very few.

/matt

Erik Olson
01-05-2009, 03:41 PM
Are you asking me? If so, I regularly work for people on these boards and hire people from the boards. It has my direct contact information, my agent's information and it gives people relevant to my work a chance to see what is in the hopper or in my history.

For the same reason, I also post under my real name.

e

mattsand
01-05-2009, 04:08 PM
yeah, i know, i just meant as opposed to the regular imdb. "people" don't generally have imdb pro so i don't see how it gives them a chance to anything, that's all. i mean the reason i noticed is because i was curious and wasn't let in. :-) my wife has an account that i often use so i know what it's about, but not on this computer.

/matt

Ramon Boutviseth
01-05-2009, 04:26 PM
Happy New Year, Ramon. I'm still loving your work. Are you in Hazzard right now or in LA?

e

Im at NC for the moment. thx

Erik Olson
01-05-2009, 06:31 PM
yeah, i know, i just meant as opposed to the regular imdb. "people" don't generally have imdb pro so i don't see how it gives them a chance to anything, that's all. i mean the reason i noticed is because i was curious and wasn't let in. :-) my wife has an account that i often use so i know what it's about, but not on this computer.

/matt

Oh, gotcha. FWIW, I think the IMDB number crosses between the public side and the Pro side.

e