PDA

View Full Version : Just What I Imagined... Nikon... What A Big Deception

Polanski
12-01-2008, 11:24 PM
For the future, we'd better not dream about what a coming new model of a camera is going to feature.
First deception: SCARLET.
Second deception: Nikon D3x.

RED... is not a manufacturing company for no budget filmmakers.

NIKON... has always focused on photographers, they are not interested in the film industry... that D90 is an accident full of problems to be solved, and the question is: Are those flaws going to be corrected ever?
What probably will happen with the new version of D90 is that Nikon takes away the video capability and increases the sensor size and all that jazz.

:huh: :Drogar-Smoke(DBG): :(

Ralph Oshiro
12-01-2008, 11:40 PM
Regardless, I have high hopes for Nikon's imaging department. I think they're onto some innovative product development concepts. They're presumably well-positioned to enter the market in a serious way. Let's hope the D90 is more product market testing than final product concept, with much more to come.

Coco Bermudez
12-01-2008, 11:53 PM
Does the Canon 5dII have the same D90 problems too? the wiggles, strobes...etc. etc.?

I wonder why Nikon came out with this D-Movie...for being something that they just happen to add to the camera for th heck of it, they sure seemed to make a big fuzz about it on their website

Ralph Oshiro
12-02-2008, 12:09 AM
I wonder why Nikon came out with this D-Movie...for being something that they just happen to add to the camera for th heck of it, they sure seemed to make a big fuzz about it on their website
My guess is, to gauge market reaction to such a product feature. Again, hopefully more to come.

Joseph Stunzi
12-02-2008, 12:18 AM
The D3x was never supposed to have movie functions. That's a high end professional camera that is meant for one thing... photography. I'd expect several generations down the road (5-6 years) that there would be a dedicated video product in that price range from Nikon.

However, the D900 was what I thought would be the new full frame DSLR with video. It's in the competitive price range (the existing D700) with the 5D2 so I wouldn't see why they wouldn't implement that as a new feature.

Regardless, I'd rather wait and have a better rendition of these DSLR video cameras than have a crappy thrown together version. So if Nikon wants us to wait a while, hopefully they'll make their next video DSLR a few steps ahead of the game for us.