PDA

View Full Version : my latest persian video experience

cheezweezl
12-01-2008, 01:53 AM
so i do a lot of these persian music vids.

i don't usually post them as while they usually look pretty good, the subject matter and music is not really my cup of tea. this one is no exception but it's the first one i've shot on the 500 that i was able to take some time with the lighting.

please note that the first 55 seconds are very flat lit and was meant to emulate a 70's tv show appearance. i think they missed the mark with the the cc for this part but you be the judge.

i only DP'd this. it was directed and edited by someone else.

sorry. youtube is the only link i have at the moment. however it is HQ so not too bad. if they post it somewhere better i will update the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-hgdqrRUy0

monkeyking
12-01-2008, 07:41 AM
Great job! Good use of variable frame rates. How much of the look came from cc vs. camera scene files? You made the singer look very good. I could not guess her age.

cheezweezl
12-01-2008, 10:59 PM
thanks!!

well the editor did tweak the colors and crush blacks but the overall look is from the lighting. the solo performance was lit with a single litepanel micro on the camera to get that naughty girl at the peep show effect. the band stuff was lit with silked kinos up front and hard lights from above and behind. we uplit behind the drummer and on a couple of the wall panels and that's pretty much it. shot at 720pn.

ps. i don't think i shot any variable rates. i usually get some 60 frame slomo on every music vid but i think we were short on time on this one. the editor may have employed twixtor or something.

dolph2000
12-02-2008, 10:11 AM
looks good man I like the song as well

Blemange3000
12-08-2008, 10:59 PM
When I click on your link, it says I have to upgrade to Flash 9, which I already have. When I click on Upgrade to 9, it takes me to the Adobe website that starts loading version 10, which my computer won't handle. Thought you might want to know....

anthony jackson
12-11-2008, 07:59 AM
nice job looks good.

cheezweezl
12-11-2008, 08:49 AM
When I click on your link, it says I have to upgrade to Flash 9, which I already have. When I click on Upgrade to 9, it takes me to the Adobe website that starts loading version 10, which my computer won't handle. Thought you might want to know....

weird. i dunno. it's youtube. can you watch other youtube videos?