PDA

View Full Version : Fall Day - My first D90 footage.

tgold
11-30-2008, 07:54 PM
Hey guys. I just shot my first footage on my shiny new D90 and threw it together in a short little video. Shot it on a 50mm 1.8 and a 28-200mm 3.5. Sorry for the excessive focus pulling, but shooting video through these lenses is so much fun. This is my first time ever shooting on a D90 and my first time editing in years, so go easy on me. Enjoy!

http://www.vimeo.com/2391608

Ralph Oshiro
11-30-2008, 08:10 PM
Dig the color of the grass . . . and thanks for taking the time to set up sticks and do some nice tripod work! On the static beauty shot stuff, this camera does well! Fun, isn't it?

2wheelfilms
12-01-2008, 07:16 AM
Nice job! I'm agonizing over whether or not to pop for one of these puppies for use as a 3rd camera on an upcoming project. Seeing footage like yours is encouraging.

With sticks and nothing moving too fast , the problems are not apparent and most of the advantages are!

nice work
JB

taubkin
12-02-2008, 06:47 AM
That master shot of the pier is gorgeous!

tgold
12-02-2008, 08:19 AM
Thanks for the comments. Watching it now a couple of days later makes me wish I had done a lot of stuff differently, but that's how it always goes with both photos and video. Everything becomes so obvious 2 days after you shoot. That's how you get better I guess.

I'm still really impressed with this camera. Sure it has some severe limitations. Handheld is nearly impossible without the jello effect, but if you are careful to work around it's shortcomings, you can get some great footage. It's certainly not for everyone though. For me, I wanted an upgrade to my D50 for photos. What I got was a great still camera for around $1k with video as a nice little bonus.