PDA

View Full Version : Oh my god

marley1215
11-13-2008, 02:58 PM
so i just saw the site my dumbass stepdad ordered my camera from and theres gotta be something wrong here.

http://shopdigitaldirect.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=8422&extra_info=kit

Justyn
11-13-2008, 03:11 PM
DUDE... You BETTER CANCEL THIS IMMEDIATELY. They are a total scam. Before buying anything at all online, unless you know the company, you should check out www.resellerratings.com

This company gets a 1 out of 10... 33 reviews and all of it BAD. It's a SCAM SIGHT> GET on it ASAP or it'll be a prolonged nightmare... When the price is too good to be true it is. This cam shouldn't be selling anywhere for less than 3400. That's what I've found.

Justyn
11-13-2008, 03:12 PM
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Shop_Digital_Direct#reviews

I don't know how companies like this continue to do business... !

marley1215
11-13-2008, 03:14 PM
oh yeah im fucked lol. wow i sent him the amazon link to buy it and he thought he was all sweet on getting a deal on it without letting me know and then i just saw the site he ordered it from and i called him and he flipped a shit! haha now i have to wait even lonnggerrrr. i find this quite funy for some reason. thanks for the reply!:)

timbook2
11-13-2008, 03:18 PM
http://shopdigitaldirect.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=7278

HVX 200A for what ?????:Drogar-Love(DBG):

Justyn
11-13-2008, 03:20 PM
LOL.. HOly crap indeed. There must be some way we could collectively pull a huge scam on this company. We need to do something and really piss them off. I think it's only fitting... Sad thing is how many people fall for this kind of crap! I

marley1215
11-13-2008, 03:24 PM
my DUMBASS STEPDAD! lol, i knew as soon as he sent me the link. i looked at him and laughed and then he flipped!...n then i laughed some more

Evro
11-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Yes they sell the HVX for $ 1,399 while at the same time they offer you a whole lot of overpriced crap quality accessories like the "Deluxe Lens Care & Maintenance Package" for $27.95!!!

What a scam!!

timbook2
11-13-2008, 03:35 PM
well the resellerratings link was more than these scammers can ask for....what else do you think you can do? look at the many people falling for the scam in the resellerrating site! just in the last days!! you cant save the greedy, just let them get scammed and learn ( which most wont )

Thomas Lew
11-13-2008, 04:49 PM
oh my god......... how is this company allowed to remain online. It's blatantly illegal..

ryan brown
11-13-2008, 05:09 PM
Ehh... it's not like you're out money or anything. It's a simple bait and switch scam. Call them to confirm order, they'll try and upsell you a bunch of worthless crap for 2 grand, you say no, they'll then say that the camera is out of stock and send your money back. Could be a pain for a couple days... but you'll get it sorted.

jscheib
11-14-2008, 02:46 PM
Hey look, the HMC150 even comes w/Free Video Light, Hard Case & MP4 Player! How relevant, and useful!

snowleopard
11-18-2008, 08:19 PM
Don't people know that if there's any doubt at all to just buy from B&H (or Amazon)? I mean, right now, today, they have the camera for $3,399. A very reasonable price from the most legit company on Earth in this business.

Erik Olson
11-18-2008, 08:33 PM
I wish I had a DUMB ASS STEP DAD when I was YOUNG who would BUY ME a proSUMER camera when I obviously don't really have any RESPECT or APPRECIATION for that PERSON.

That, and what everyone else said about B&H or Spec-Comm or WHPlatts. All Panasonic dealers or Panasonic Flagship dealers.

e

Thomas Lew
11-18-2008, 08:51 PM
I wish I had a DUMB ASS STEP DAD when I was YOUNG who would BUY ME a proSUMER camera when I obviously don't really have any RESPECT or APPRECIATION for that PERSON.

That, and what everyone else said about B&H or Spec-Comm or WHPlatts. All Panasonic dealers or Panasonic Flagship dealers.

e

There is nothing more to be said. :thumbsup:

Erik Olson
11-18-2008, 08:53 PM
Stone-sober and sharp as a slightly bent thumb tack tonight. Thankyouverymuch!

e

BrianMurphy
11-19-2008, 06:44 AM
Glad you raised the step dad issue Erik. Hope the step dad does a tour of the dv groups and pays a visit to DVX User.

Erik Olson
11-19-2008, 10:39 AM
I think I felt that way about my own dad about 43% of the time, but he never bought me the 16mm camera I wanted either. I had to do that on my own and literally bled to get it. I have daddy issues.

:(

e

snowleopard
11-19-2008, 12:11 PM
Wait until you're older. My dad was a sergeant in the army, and didn't buy me anything big at all. His idea of a fun weekend was to have me get up early and do chores while my friends were out playing.

Now, he's 80 and had a major stroke two years ago, and I love him more than anyone in the world. I only wish I had spent more time with him when I was younger.