PDA

View Full Version : D90 and Mjpeg Codec

fotoweb
11-07-2008, 04:49 AM
That's what I've just post on adobe CS4 forum :

To import and play D90 Movies ( big buzz about it, numerous users ). You have under windows to add an mjpeg codec, it's ok with Morgan or Mainconcept.
But I've tested on many PC config and the playback on the Timeline is very Bad (slow and freeze with 100% CPU even on dual Core 3Ghz RAM) on every Config. I 've read the same pb for other users on many forum.

So I've tested every MJPEG codec it is the same.
With low quality setting and Frame reduced to 15% it is the same !

In Quicktime or VLC the playback is good,
so HOW TO CHANGE THE DEFAUT PLAYER IN CS4 (there is a menu for that but I have only the choice of AdobeMediaPlayer !)

Vegas has added D90 support in the last edition, so I have tested and the playback is very fluent, even with a poor config(pentium m 1Gh ram)
Soo ?

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b6f605

Are you agree ? We can make footage and the result is correct but under windows the playback of the native Nikon AVI is very difficult only VLC and Quicktime do it fluently.

I've read in a forum that the Nikon MJpeg is a little update on the Morgan, so even with Morgan MJPEG the playback is not very good :(

Vegas works great but i learned on CS :(

Do you know if Nikon would make a Nikon MJpeg Codec it would be the soluce ?

Park Edwards
11-07-2008, 01:18 PM
I've posted this in at least 3 threads now, but I guess it totally depends on your computer and or OS.
I'm running Win XP Sp3 3ghz core 2duo, 2gigs ram, Nvidia 8600gt....runs perfect.

I used a codec, which I'll post here when I find it, that plays just fine in everything. Ranging from Adobe CS4 and CS3, VLC, Windows Media and QT... I only needed to install the codec to scrub through files in Adobe, everything else was fine before that. It renders and previews fine in CS4 just like any of the AVI files I've dealt with.

I'll post codec later on..

Park Edwards
11-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Codec:
http://www.free-codecs.com/Motion_JPEG_Codec_download.htm

fotoweb
11-14-2008, 02:03 AM
Thanks but I've tested many codec, bests are MainConcept and Morgan but it's still laging.

el presidente
11-14-2008, 03:17 AM
I convert to cineform prospect hd...swear by it but its costs quite a bit.

fotoweb
11-14-2008, 06:07 AM
Yes i tried the demo ;) and a free HD lossless version is Lagarith I tried too but it takes time and bigger files, it's easier to stay whith mjpg VEGAS do it.
Why the number one Adobe is not abble to do the same :(

Park Edwards
11-14-2008, 08:53 AM
the codec i posted is main concept. it's the "demo" version, but that only means if you use their codec to output it'll have a little water mark up at the top.