PDA

View Full Version : Just called a Canon rep about 24p for the 5d MarkII...

Morox
10-28-2008, 01:19 PM
I was told that he couldn't "give you out that sort of information and I can't say that it won't ever happen; media pressure is what would make something like that happen though."

I then asked about prices and a release date. I was told that the "body only" will be $2750 (CANADIAN) and the kit (lens, battery, hood) will be $3650 (Canadian).

murcott
10-28-2008, 05:56 PM
I was told that he couldn't "give you out that sort of information and I can't say that it won't ever happen; media pressure is what would make something like that happen though."

I then asked about prices and a release date. I was told that the "body only" will be $2750 (CANADIAN) and the kit (lens, battery, hood) will be $3650 (Canadian).

Media pressure? What does that mean? Does Larry King on CNN have to complain about the 30p... then canon will listen? That kinda media pressure? Poeple who give reviews? Consumers report?

Matthew Bennett
10-28-2008, 06:14 PM
The Toronto sun has to report on it and Canon will get right on that...

Did you talk to a rep in Toronto? I've found they are a little timid and don't really know anything....

Morox
10-28-2008, 07:10 PM
the toronto sun has to report on it and canon will get right on that...

Did you talk to a rep in toronto? I've found they are a little timid and don't really know anything....

1-800-ok-canon

Oh, and the camera is slated for a December release date.