03-12-2004, 02:26 PM
I just posted an open casting call on our web site (http://www.OffStageFilms.com) and I am about to begin advertining the audition information on the web.
I realized, with the auditions looming, I need to get some simple release forms for the actors.
Does anyone know where I can find these online or is there a book I should get?
Off Stage Films
03-13-2004, 05:31 AM
pm me waith an e-mail address, and i can send you some release forms and such..
03-13-2004, 11:01 PM
The store Markertek (www.markertek.com) has something called Pro Studio Production Forms they are selling for $54.99. You get about 60 different forms on a CD-ROM that you can print up covering a variety of things having to do with your production and not just release forms.
03-17-2004, 03:27 PM
If you can send me those sample release forms to CMessineo@OffStageFilms.com I would really appreciate it.
03-17-2004, 04:03 PM
THIS IS A CONSENT AND RELEASE – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Dear _______________ :
l. For good and valuable consideration receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, I hereby grant and release to you the right to utilize my name, likeness, voice, appearance and/or performance in connection with the short film/video production currently entitled “________________” (the “Production”). Without limiting the foregoing, said grant and release shall fully apply to my performance and/or appearance in the Production and/or any auditions or promotional materials regarding same.
2. I hereby agree that you, your successors and assigns are the sole owner throughout the universe and in perpetuity of any and all rights in and to the Production, and may exhibit, distribute or otherwise exploit the Production in any and all manner or media, whether now known or hereafter devised. I understand I shall have no right or interest in any of the foregoing whatsoever. I further understand and agree that you shall have the right to edit, alter and/or revise the Production (including my appearance/performance therein) in any manner as you shall in your sole discretion determine.
3. I hereby release and forever discharge you from any claims or actions that your use of my name, likeness, voice, appearance and/or performance may be defamatory or constitutes an invasion of privacy or violation of any other right, including a right of publicity. I understand that you are relying on this Release and that my release and consent are irrevocable.
4. You, and those acting with your permission or under your authority, may use my name, likeness, appearance, biography and/or performance to advertise and publicize the Production. You shall not, however, utilize the foregoing for the purpose of endorsing any commercial product or service without my prior written consent.
5. I hereby represent and warrant that all statements and information given by me herein are true and accurate and that exercise by you or your successors or assigns of the rights granted herein will not infringe upon or violate the rights of others. I hereby indemnify and hold you harmless from and against any and all claims and expenses (including attorneys' fees and costs of suit), arising out of the breach of any agreement, representation or warranty contained in this Release.
6. I understand and agree that I shall not be entitled to receive payments or any other compensation for my appearance in the Production or for your use or reuse of any portion of the Production (other than on-screen credit and a copy of the finished Production).
My signature below shall constitute my acceptance of the terms of this Release. I acknowledge that I have read this consent and release prior to signing it and that I understand its contents.
Very truly yours,
Name (please print)
City, State, zip
Dated: ______ 20__
03-18-2004, 06:57 AM
That's perfect - thanks a lot,