PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Next Fest" Idea Submission Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Jason Ramsey
10-22-2008, 05:51 PM
This will just be an ongoing thread of all your ideas for future fests (comedy fest, zombie fest, etc, etc.)

Post 'em up here and we'll always have a list to refer to when thinking about the next fest :)

later,
Jason

Jason Ramsey
10-22-2008, 06:03 PM
oh, and this is not to take away from the fun of the "next fest" threads every fest... just for maintaining a master list of a lot of the ideas for easy access :)

later,
Jason

ConspiracyPenguin
10-22-2008, 07:45 PM
Well are you saying we should still start those threads or just move the conversation and banter into THIS thread? :huh: I think the former would defeat the purpose of this whole thing - which I like - so I vote that we just engage in the usual shenanigans right here.

Erez Henya
10-23-2008, 03:42 AM
For the next fest, I would very much like to see films dealing with:

Love
Loss of loved ones
or... films dealing with goals (commonly called "dreams") being achieved and manifested in reality!

Emotions, bring them on.

Adam J McKay
10-23-2008, 12:34 PM
Music Fest?

MrFluffy
10-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Alien invader fest

Ezekiel667
10-23-2008, 04:40 PM
I'm feeling an action-esque Fest.

Examples:
WooFest - a homage to John Woo
WarFest - I saw a lot of this in the next ScriptFest ideas, I think it would be cool.
ActionFest - Straight up destruction and mayhem!

Just throwing some ideas out there. I'd love to make a short action flick. So theres my 2 cents.

Simon Höfer
10-23-2008, 04:46 PM
I think those ideas are too specific. And we went for themes for a good reason. It needs to me more open.

I have to say though, that I like action as well :) But it is really hard to do, especially on a low budget.

Michael Anthony Horrigan
10-23-2008, 07:38 PM
For the next fest, I would very much like to see films dealing with:

Love
Loss of loved ones
or... films dealing with goals (commonly called "dreams") being achieved and manifested in reality!

Emotions, bring them on.We just did Love Fest a couple of Fest's ago so that probably won't happen.

Loss is interesting.

ConspiracyPenguin
10-23-2008, 08:25 PM
Loss is definitely interesting.

Let me also point out to those of you who are asking for a ComedyFest: the "themes" we have been going with leave the door open to ANY genre, INCLUDING COMEDY. You could have made a comedy for LoveFest, for TimeFest or for TwilightFest. I don't think there is any reason to lock everyone into that genre when anyone can easily explore it WITHIN a broader, more subjective theme.

Michael Anthony Horrigan
10-23-2008, 09:37 PM
Loss is definitely interesting.

Let me also point out to those of you who are asking for a ComedyFest: the "themes" we have been going with leave the door open to ANY genre, INCLUDING COMEDY. You could have made a comedy for LoveFest, for TimeFest or for TwilightFest. I don't think there is any reason to lock everyone into that genre when anyone can easily explore it WITHIN a broader, more subjective theme.
And that same argument can be used for just about any other theme we come up with. The theme could be DEATH and we could get a movie like Four Weddings and a Funeral. :)

Now, the theme of COMEDY would lock people into doing something funny, thus forcing us into a bit of a corner. Which I like.
It would be challenging. :beer:

ConspiracyPenguin
10-23-2008, 10:37 PM
And that same argument can be used for just about any other theme we come up with. The theme could be DEATH and we could get a movie like Four Weddings and a Funeral. :)

Now, the theme of COMEDY would lock people into doing something funny, thus forcing us into a bit of a corner. Which I like.
It would be challenging. :beer:

In the first paragraph, you made my point for me. :beer:

To the second one: that is definitely something to consider. Some people like the challenge, but some people like the openness that themes offer. I am sure it is open for debate. :)

Michael Anthony Horrigan
10-23-2008, 10:54 PM
To the second one: that is definitely something to consider. Some people like the challenge, but some people like the openness that themes offer. I am sure it is open for debate. :)But if the themes are so open that you can just do anything.... why bother having them? Call them Open Fest and be done with it.

I always try and write something based on the Theme.

Hallows Fest: Darkness.
Joel 3:15. A movie about the Sun disappearing and how one couple dealt with what they thought was their last days on earth.

Love Fest:
The Music Box. A little girl is given a mystical Music Box that gives her a glimpse of a possible future. It only plays music when she finds her true love. Only she finds him too late. Can she change her future?

Time Fest:
The Watchman. A man with OCD who is obsessed with living his life by a meticulously timed schedule. Once his schedule is abruptly altered he snaps and plans his ultimate revenge, timed down to the second.

Now, I could have really drifted into just about anything.

If they throw Comedy at us... yah, I can do a lot of things, but it has to be a comedy. To me that's more of a challenge. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Mike

Luis Caffesse
10-23-2008, 10:57 PM
Now, the theme of COMEDY would lock people into doing something funny

Who said?
Comedy could simply be the theme, right? Not necessarily the style.

Hm.... maybe I'll do a thought provoking inner conflict drama on the nature of comedy.
(Yeah, I'm sure that would do really well in the rankings)
:)

Michael Anthony Horrigan
10-23-2008, 11:02 PM
Who said?

Hm.... maybe I'll do a thought provoking inner conflict drama on the nature of comedy.
(Yeah, I'm sure that would do really well in the rankings)
:)LOL! Touché

:beer:

ConspiracyPenguin
10-23-2008, 11:12 PM
Hehehe. Leave it to Luis to break up one of the few serious conversations The Penguin was apart of. :grin:

I know what you're saying, Mike. I, too, like a challenge. I'm just playing devil's advocate here - giving both sides. I don't really care either way. :)

Michael Anthony Horrigan
10-23-2008, 11:21 PM
Hehehe. Leave it to Luis to break up one of the few serious conversations The Penguin was apart of. :grin:

I know what you're saying, Mike. I, too, like a challenge. I'm just playing devil's advocate here - giving both sides. I don't really care either way. :)Don't get me wrong, they are all a challenge. I'm just saying that if they announced Comedy Fest and made us do an actual Comedy (Sorry, Luis :D).... that could be tough. :thumbup:

ConspiracyPenguin
10-23-2008, 11:44 PM
The only argument to the contrary that I can see is the fact that VIEWERS like to be able to watch a wide variety of entries. Some people won't want to watch sixty funny pieces in a row.

From a CREATOR's point of view I can see both sides: I like a good challenge, but I also like SOME freedom. The themes are not completely "open," you still have to adhere to certain restraints. I know a lot of pieces from last fest, for example, that would not qualify for this one (ball requirement aside).

Richard J. Johnson
10-24-2008, 05:53 AM
Warfest could be cool.

-Actual war
-war on the streets
-War within oneself
-War with a spouse
-etc
-etc

It could be really diverse in terms of ideas and execution.

Michael Anthony Horrigan
10-24-2008, 07:41 AM
The only argument to the contrary that I can see is the fact that VIEWERS like to be able to watch a wide variety of entries. Some people won't want to watch sixty funny pieces in a row.

Same could be said for Horror Fest. Yes, they can be either serious or funny, but people might not want to watch that many Horror based movies in a row.

I really think these arguments can be used for just about every Fest. :beer:

Erez Henya
10-24-2008, 08:18 AM

I agree. Patch Adams and Mrs. Doubtfire, both excellent dramas with a touch of comedy, come to mind!

Time Fest:
The Watchman. A man with OCD who is obsessed with living his life by a meticulously timed schedule. Once his schedule is abruptly altered he snaps and plans his ultimate revenge, timed down to the second.

I haven't told you that, my friend, but that one was brilliantly done! A pleasure to watch. Chapeau for you, the cast and the crew.

- War with a spouse.

Well, I knew divorce rates are escalating, but bringing the infantry to shoot your spouse, that's just too much, haha!

Michael Anthony Horrigan
10-24-2008, 09:25 AM
I haven't told you that, my friend, but that one was brilliantly done! A pleasure to watch. Chapeau for you, the cast and the crew.
Thanks, I'll pass that on to the cast. The crew was just me, so thanks again! :)

HorseFilms
10-24-2008, 11:07 AM
How about "Force Horse to Shoot Something Fest":)

Erez Henya
10-24-2008, 11:10 AM

Preferably on two legs? :laugh:

ConspiracyPenguin
10-24-2008, 12:05 PM
Preferably on two legs? :laugh:

Is there another way? :huh:

Adam J McKay
10-24-2008, 02:08 PM
I second the WAR fest
that could be interesting indeed, and it's open for a large amount of interpretation.

ConspiracyPenguin
10-24-2008, 02:42 PM
WarFest...alright!

http://www.isarapix.org/pix46/1224880917.jpg

ZazaCast
10-24-2008, 02:49 PM
You know... with all the crap going on in the world these days...I'm really pushing for comedy. God knows we could all use a laugh!!!

Simon Höfer
10-24-2008, 02:59 PM
Yeah, I also don't get this Warfest hype.

ConspiracyPenguin
10-24-2008, 03:04 PM
Yeah, I also don't get this Warfest hype.

Well it leaves the door open to almost anything. Although, I like comedy as much as the next guy. Maybe that would actually get my off my tail and put my beak to work. :D

Adam J McKay
10-24-2008, 03:55 PM
I suppose war fest is essentially conflict fest and all stories usually have conflict anyway.
I would be alright with Comedy fest, I think it could be fun and I know I could get that done. I was not so lucky for twilight fest...

dougspice
10-24-2008, 05:56 PM
An idea I came up with was for a Lost-fest. All entries required to feature characters who are physically lost somehow. Lost in the dark, lost in the wild, lost on a mysterious island, lost on their way to White Castle... whatever.

Lots of room for all different genres. Horror, fantasy, sci-fi, comedy, drama... anything at all.

Jason Ramsey
10-24-2008, 06:21 PM

Ok.... How about, if you don't shoot something for the next fest, we'll ban you :evil:

later,
Jason

ZazaCast
10-24-2008, 06:21 PM
An idea I came up with was for a Lost-fest. All entries required to feature characters who are physically lost somehow. Lost in the dark, lost in the wild, lost on a mysterious island, lost on their way to White Castle... whatever.

Lots of room for all different genres. Horror, fantasy, sci-fi, comedy, drama... anything at all.

LOVE it! :thumbup:

Erez Henya
10-24-2008, 06:24 PM

Fantastic!

HorseFilms
10-24-2008, 08:14 PM
Ok.... How about, if you don't shoot something for the next fest, we'll ban you :evil:

I think that's fair.:)

Adam J McKay
10-25-2008, 01:19 AM

later,
Jason

Can that apply for me as well?

Edit: I did shoot something for twilight fest, but it was so incredibly awful no one is ever going to see the result. I may put together a short film with all the humorous moments of the shoot, but the film itself was a major flop.

Pigspace
10-27-2008, 12:31 PM
How about a No Dialogue Fest. That would really push the filmmakers creativity.

Erez Henya
10-27-2008, 03:26 PM

YES!

Sounds like a top challenge. I am for!

Aroon_Narayanan
10-27-2008, 03:42 PM
Perhaps it would be called SilentFest, as in Silent movies? However, you could have sound effects, ambient noises, music, etc.

I like it!

dougspice
10-27-2008, 05:41 PM
It is definitely a powerful learning tool. However, having made a whole lot of no-dialogue movies, I'm in no hurry to do any more.

Joseph Stunzi
10-27-2008, 05:49 PM
Why not music video fest? Several users could get together and record a song. Then on the date that the competition starts, everyone would be able to access it in MP3 form. Maybe two or three songs to give people a genre variety.

Ezekiel667
10-27-2008, 09:57 PM
Im still on my action kick...but LostFest and SilentFest pretty much make my creativity explode. So many things could be done!

ChrisHurn
10-27-2008, 11:26 PM
AdventureFilmFest!

ConspiracyPenguin
10-27-2008, 11:40 PM
PenguinFest - All entries must be about ME! :)

On second thought, I don't think I would enjoy that too much...:grin:

Richard J. Johnson
10-28-2008, 05:42 AM
I like warfest and lostfest. Both are wide open for interpretation. I am so burnt out on Music Videos. Silent fest would be tough. I could pull it off though.

13th Judas
10-28-2008, 04:23 PM
the cold breeze that gently touched my face this morning just reminded me of the coming of santa claus.

CHRISTMAS FEST, anyone? :)

Richard J. Johnson
10-28-2008, 06:48 PM
Christmas fest could be fun. As long as santa is the required element.

Erez Henya
10-28-2008, 06:59 PM
CHRISTMAS FEST, anyone? :)

or how about a...

http://www.erezhenya.com/stuff/hf.jpg

Haha! http://www.as-robb.net/cutenews/data/emoticons/cute.gif

Though seriously, I, personally, hardly see Christmas as a theme, but more like a setting. I think the themes should inspire creativity through challenges, for example, I believe that the recently suggested no-dialogue-fest is brilliant! this literally pushes pretty much all filmmakers, cast and crew to think and work differently from what they are usually used to.

I think so far the most popular themes are:

LostFest
WarFest
LossFest

DChang
10-29-2008, 10:24 AM
Lostfest sounds interesting, but how many of them can you stand?

I know this won't be a popular suggestion but definitely challenging.

Dogme95fest! (http://www.dogme95.dk/menu/menuset.htm)

Of course small changes to deal with the whole online thing.

13th Judas
10-29-2008, 11:17 AM
I think so far the most popular themes are:

LostFest
WarFest
LossFest

we can all do that on CHISTMAS FEST :)

J.R. Hudson
10-29-2008, 11:25 AM
A XMAS related theme I think would be wonderful !

ConspiracyPenguin
10-29-2008, 05:00 PM
I agree, the only possible issue I can see is alienating filmmakers that are of a different religious background or even fueling a religious debate.

MrKilloran
10-30-2008, 12:38 AM
I really liked the idea of Comedyfest, just because I've never set out to actually write a comedy and it seems like it would be an interesting challenge.

Silentfest, or was it No-dialogueFest, (either or) but basically making a movie with no words, you'd have to rely heavily on music cues and actor's physical performance which also seemed like a really great choice.

Whatever ends up being picked I'll make some attempt at it.

Pigspace
10-30-2008, 11:54 AM
I really liked the idea of Comedyfest, just because I've never set out to actually write a comedy and it seems like it would be an interesting challenge.

Silentfest, or was it No-dialogueFest, (either or) but basically making a movie with no words, you'd have to rely heavily on music cues and actor's physical performance which also seemed like a really great choice.

Whatever ends up being picked I'll make some attempt at it.

Silentfest, or was it No-dialogueFest, (either or) but basically making a movie with no words, you'd have to rely heavily on music cues and actor's physical performance which also seemed like a really great choice

Thank you. I'm glad someone understood the challenge of my suggestion and didn't just blow it off.

13th Judas
10-30-2008, 12:37 PM
I agree, the only possible issue I can see is alienating filmmakers that are of a different religious background or even fueling a religious debate.

artists are meant to be broad minded and won't limit themselves to a certain beliefs. otherwise, the artist in them won't bloom.

i think a christmas story will be more interesting if told by a non-christian point of view. don't you think?

MrKilloran
10-30-2008, 06:57 PM
Thank you. I'm glad someone understood the challenge of my suggestion and didn't just blow it off.

No problem, I'm all for a SilentFest.

Xtopher
10-30-2008, 07:28 PM

Hahaha I have lots of experience with that (ie, Every one of my student films) LOL.

Here it is, ready? DANCE FEST.

RyanT
10-31-2008, 01:29 PM
Just make christmas fest holiday fest and I think you would not only fix that "issue" but get a lot more interesting submissions in the process.

As long as it's centered around a holiday, it's good.

I like the idea of silent films though. I've been wanting to do one for a while.

Erez Henya
10-31-2008, 04:57 PM
More ideas:
1. TrueFest - films inspired by true stories, facts or events. Not to be confused with films that are based on such stories or events, this fest lets you find inspiration in popular/less-known past stories or events (from the first days of the ancient history to contemporary events), and reinvent/develop them creatively in literally any way your heart tells you! The freedom of this creative challenge is enormous! you as a filmmaker may present or interpret any favorite event into a drama/action/comedy/thriller/sci-fi/crime/horror/disaster/else film, freely. I believe that's gonna make a great, very interesting and creative fest.

As I type more ideas here, I realize that I, personally cannot beat the first one. They all seem minor compared to it, but judge yourself! you may like these ideas more!

2. I was thinking of the option of limiting the original idea to more specific kind of events and still maintaining a free choice of genres, for examples, films inspired by real major crimes! I guess that would be a CrimeFest!

3. SolutionFest - solve humanity's greatest mysteries! take your favorite myth and show the world it's not a myth! how did the universe begin? does God really exist? are we alone in the universe? what really happens to us after we die? is there such a thing as reincarnation? You may choose whatever mystery you want to solve your way, and present it in literally any genre desired. A lot of room for wild creativity! Working on or watching a film in which the world responds very realistically to now-officially-solved mysteries is, for me and I am sure for others as well, a rare experience. Speaking for myself, that would be the first time where I would definitely download and watch every single entry, out of pure joy.

4. 2100Fest - show us your vision of the year of 2100! The actual time be a major focus of the film (as in many sci-fi movies), or equally nothing but the setting, allowing you to present for example future dramas, future crimes or else, show your creativity!

Any favorites?

Xtopher
10-31-2008, 06:51 PM
I think the 2100 fest would really stretch writing and FX. good call Erez

Adam J McKay
11-04-2008, 02:46 PM
I got one.... No guns allowed fest.

I am mid way through watching the gun fes...I mean the twilight fest entries and I would love to have a festival with a no gun clause.
There is just so much violence.

Ironic that a head blowing off someone's body is ok, but showing 2 people naked engaging in sexual activity isn't accepted. What a world we live in.

That was my rant.

Simon Höfer
11-04-2008, 03:23 PM

I am mid way through watching the gun fes...I mean the twilight fest entries and I would love to have a festival with a no gun clause.
There is just so much violence.

Wait! Is that even possible? :evil:

Ok, my next film will definitely be less violent, thats for sure :)

Ironic that a head blowing off someone's body is ok, but showing 2 people naked engaging in sexual activity isn't accepted. What a world we live in.
Come to europe, here you can do both :D

Adam J McKay
11-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Ya I am thinking I need to head across the pond, if even for a little while. So I am going to change my previous statement from what a world we live in, to what a continent. Even then, it's mostly they u.s, Canada is much less harsh when it comes to these kinds of things. Maybe not for long with a "expletive deleted" as a prime minister.

But Im still glad I am a Canadian.

There is a next fest.

CANADA FEST EH?

No...nobody...dang.

BLahey
11-04-2008, 06:39 PM
I agree with the no gun clause.
I was thinking FightFest, All entries have a minimum of a one minute fight scene. I'll find some waivers....

Bryce A
11-05-2008, 01:36 PM
Alright, here are some very stream of consciousness thoughts.

deathlessFest
no death!? Wha?!? but it has to deal with the fact that it is deathless. can't just be a guy buying peas in the supermarket (yes, there is no death, but it doesn't deal with the theme of deathless). What does deathless mean? I've got ideas, but you figure it out.

CANADA FEST EH?

No...nobody...dang.

amercaFest, countryfest, nationfest
has to be about an essential truth that you see in your/another's country/nation/town. Not saying it need to be political... though that's probably what it would turn into. though it could be thought provoking, if the fest avoided shallow politics.

NextFest, AfterFest
no, it's not about nicolas cage. But it has to be about what's next. in someone's life, in the world, after dinner, after earth, after she/I dump(s) me/her, next in evolution, next bus stop, next on the list, next idea... what's next? and what's after?

SILENTFEST!!!
Loves it! But also weary of it....

Mattykins
11-05-2008, 01:47 PM
I think silent fest would be a disaster. I personally wouldn't watch the entries. I couldn't force myself to watch 70 silent pieces.

Christmas fest I'd be wary of. I mean - some people don't celebrate it. Maybe winter fest would be a better idea. I mean there are numerous holidays that happen in the winter and not just christmas.

Lost fest? Everything must be produced by JJ Abrams? I almost like the idea, but I think it would lead to one of the more repetitive contests we ever hosted.

Erez Henya
11-05-2008, 02:42 PM
I think silent fest would be a disaster. I personally wouldn't watch the entries. I couldn't force myself to watch 70 silent pieces.

I second every word.

Christmas fest I'd be wary of. I mean - some people don't celebrate it. Maybe winter fest would be a better idea. I mean there are numerous holidays that happen in the winter and not just christmas.

I've always thought of Christmas as an international holiday. Although it celebrates the birth of Jesus, many (mostly non-Christians living in Christian countries) seem to ignore this religious/historical fact and just enjoy this wonderful holiday! I am Jewish myself and still love Christmas. Although in general, I personally believe we have better fest ideas than that, ideas that arise challenges and inspire true creativity.

Lost fest? Everything must be produced by JJ Abrams? I almost like the idea, but I think it would lead to one of the more repetitive contests we ever hosted.

Actually, despite the misleading title, the suggested Lost-fest does not relate to the TV series in any way, but suggests films about characters who are somehow lost, either physically or mentally.

What do you think of my ideas from last page?

Brandon Rice
11-05-2008, 05:32 PM
Holiday fest...

(which includes EVERY holiday)

Michael Anthony Horrigan
11-05-2008, 06:46 PM
deathlessFest
no death!? Wha?!? but it has to deal with the fact that it is deathless. can't just be a guy buying peas in the supermarket (yes, there is no death, but it doesn't deal with the theme of deathless). What does deathless mean? I've got ideas, but you figure it out.

I just did a Fest entry that was deathless.

How about DeathFest! :evil:

Bryce A
11-05-2008, 08:51 PM
I just did a Fest entry that was deathless.

How about DeathFest! :evil:

lol... alright, Horrigan. I just killed someone in my group's entry, so I'm ready! Bring it on!!! :kali:

Tom Marshall
11-05-2008, 08:59 PM
SuperheroFest? :)

Michael Anthony Horrigan
11-05-2008, 09:21 PM
lol... alright, Horrigan. I just killed someone in my group's entry, so I'm ready! Bring it on!!! :kali:I'm game! :evil:

SuperheroFest? :)
Alright.... SuperHeroDeathFest!
The Hero has to die!

:D

Bryce A
11-05-2008, 09:45 PM
I'm game! :evil:

Alright.... SuperHeroDeathFest!
The Hero has to die!

:D

The body count could be astronomical! bring on the special effects teams and highest body count award!

Though, what if you root for the bad guy? I think they both have to die.

i think SuperDeathFest* has a nice ring to it.

*must sport heavy metal soundtrack.

Michael Anthony Horrigan
11-05-2008, 09:55 PM
The body count could be astronomical! bring on the special effects teams and highest body count award!

Though, what if you root for the bad guy? I think they both have to die.

*Stone Cold Crazy - Queen

I think I just wrote a script. :huh:

Tom Marshall
11-05-2008, 09:55 PM

I think that's a given. :D

MrKilloran
11-05-2008, 10:34 PM
The body count could be astronomical! bring on the special effects teams and highest body count !

Love it. Let's get to it :violent5:

*heavy metal soundtrack from the movie Heavy Metal (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082509/)

Bryce A
11-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Love it. Let's get to it :violent5:

*heavy metal soundtrack from the movie Heavy Metal (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082509/)

Alright, you provide the wild haired women in metal bikini's and giant monsters and I'm there.

I think this death theme has resonated with the dvx crowd.... :zombie_smiley:

Tom Marshall
11-05-2008, 10:56 PM
I think I'm going to go with some good ole Judas Priest... :beer:

I think "Turbo Lover" is a good title for a short. :cheesy:

coalclear
11-06-2008, 01:51 AM
how bout a silent?

Michael Anthony Horrigan
11-06-2008, 07:19 AM
how bout a silent?
SilentDeath? :huh:

coalclear
11-06-2008, 02:18 PM
SilentDeath? :huh:

haha no! enough with the death theme! we've done death/killing/zombie/scary theme fests before! I wanna see a silent film...you can make the silent about death if you want (rolls eyes)

Erez Henya
11-06-2008, 03:07 PM
haha no! enough with the death theme! we've done death/killing/zombie/scary theme fests before! I wanna see a silent film...you can make the silent about death if you want (rolls eyes)

Producing a silent film may be a wonderful challenge as itself, although I believe that watching seventy-plus silent films is not the cup of tea of the majority of us. Nevertheless, I may be wrong, as I often am.

I believe those interested in producing silent films are, and will always be, welcome to do so in any fest, including the past LoveFest, TimeFest and the recent TwillightFest. So it's pretty open either way, and actually those few silent films (or one!) found among seventy-plus others will definitely stand out!

All the best!

Tom Marshall
11-06-2008, 03:51 PM
I agree, no silent films.

Richard J. Johnson
11-06-2008, 03:55 PM
Cellphone Camera Only Fest.

Tom Marshall
11-06-2008, 03:56 PM
MillionDollarBudgetFest :D

Brandon Rice
11-06-2008, 04:57 PM
MillionDollarBudgetFest :D

HAH! We can dream :beer:

Tom Marshall
11-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Or TomFest. I should be the lead in ever short made for the next festival. :D

coalclear
11-06-2008, 06:14 PM
I dont think we've ever had a comedy?

tykrusch
11-06-2008, 06:21 PM
How about RealityFest? It could be scripted or true reality, I was thinking more scripted though, like COPS. COPS is scripted isn't it? :huh: JK.

Film makers could use techniques such as the 'shaky running cam'* from Blair Witch, or my personal favorite the 'character confessional' used in such productions as The Bernie Mac Show :). These techniques a long with others could give the film that 'reality' feel without it having to be reality.

This would also be a great opportunity for actors to showcase their adlibing and improvisation abilities. ;)

Just a thought

*Pardon my poor terminology

ConspiracyPenguin
11-06-2008, 11:19 PM
What happened to the PenguinFest idea...I like that one. :D

MrKilloran
11-06-2008, 11:32 PM
Fest of the Penguins.

Narrated by Morgan Freeman:grin:

Tom Marshall
11-06-2008, 11:47 PM
What happened to the PenguinFest idea...I like that one. :D

I like TomFest better. :thumbup:

Jason Sanders
11-07-2008, 01:52 PM
I got dibs on Tom.

Tom Marshall
11-07-2008, 01:53 PM
I got dibs on Tom.

I don't know, Jason, that doesn't quite sound right... :D

Jason Sanders
11-07-2008, 01:55 PM
hahah

ConspiracyPenguin
11-07-2008, 08:08 PM
You can have him!

Jason Adams
11-09-2008, 05:17 AM
Log Line Fest. - Thats a stupid name, but the idea is that the Mods publish a list of 6 Log Lines and we have to choose one and interpret script, genre and style from our own ideas based on the log line.

Hey Just thought of another.

PosterFest. A film poster is created without a title and we all base our films off the poster??????

I am a big advocate for having some creative boundaries. I think it is actually a great exercise and I believe that havening some restrictions might push us into some new ideas that we would not have if we could do anything we wanted.

Feel free to throw things now.

TellLiesVisually
11-09-2008, 07:23 PM
Beer Fest

Bryce A
11-10-2008, 12:33 AM
I am a big advocate for having some creative boundaries. I think it is actually a great exercise and I believe that havening some restrictions might push us into some new ideas that we would not have if we could do anything we wanted.

I can agree with that. Not that I'm a huge fan of boundaries, but it would push us creatively. It's easy to conform a theme to fit something we already had in mind. Finding ways to work within the rules will always cause new avenues to be explored.

Vader
11-11-2008, 08:48 AM
DoomsDayFest

the world is coming to an end how will you survive/end it!

theres my two cents..w001

Bryce A
11-11-2008, 10:51 AM
DoomsDayFest

the world is coming to an end how will you survive/end it!

theres my two cents..w001

heh, i think every fest is half doomsdayfest. I can't count the number of post-apocalyptic films I've seen at dvxuser! that said, if doomsdayfest it is, I won't even have to think about fitting the theme. 3 out of 6 fest projects I've worked on fit the bill! :zombie_smiley:

Ed Kishel
11-11-2008, 11:34 AM
docfest- short documentary subject
mockfest- short fake documentary
shlockfest- intentionally over the top corny b-movie material
westfest- western theme material
sportsfest- sport-themed stories
techfest- future/robots/technology
sequalfest- sequals to films from past fests

Bryce A
11-11-2008, 11:41 AM
docfest- short documentary subject

sequalfest- sequals to films from past fests

docfest exists! check out the dvxfest section on the homepage.

sequelfest would be awesome and heartbreaking. especially if you had the advantage of making sequals about anyone's films. heh... I say heartbreaking cause I'm sure some of the films are people's babies and who wants to see their children in the hands of others!

Michael Anthony Horrigan
11-11-2008, 12:07 PM
Pacifist Fest

With a few strict guidelines: No guns, death, or violence of any kind. :)

lawriejaffa
11-11-2008, 05:34 PM
InterracialHomoHetoEroticFest! Yes that would be exciting for all concerned!

Bryce A
11-11-2008, 10:45 PM
Pacifist Fest

With a few strict guidelines: No guns, death, or violence of any kind. :)

So.... Pacifest?

Michael Anthony Horrigan
11-12-2008, 07:16 AM
So.... Pacifest?Exactly!:grin:
I won't be able to make the next Fest so have at it!

Cheers,

Mike

ConspiracyPenguin
11-12-2008, 05:19 PM
Exactly!:grin:
I won't be able to make the next Fest so have at it!

Cheers,

Mike

Oh, this is sad news, Mike. I ALWAYS look forward to your films each fest. Maybe I will have to finally make my own in your absence (although it would not surmount the quality of a Horrigan film, it would be something). :)

Michael Anthony Horrigan
11-12-2008, 09:30 PM
Oh, this is sad news, Mike. I ALWAYS look forward to your films each fest. Maybe I will have to finally make my own in your absence (although it would not surmount the quality of a Horrigan film, it would be something). :)
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. :beer:

DimmuJed
11-13-2008, 02:25 PM
Script Fest - users submit scripts, they are shuffled around, and given to submitters and they must make the movie!

AKA Script Switch

No Face Fest - Never see any characters faces

First Person Fest- all the films must be shot from First Person Perspective

Video Game/virtual fest- games must be based in a virtual world (new or existing)

Catch Phrase fest - Users must make films with a lot of catch phrases (original only)

Girl Fest - lead MUST be a girl (actual)

Inanimate fest - Non living objects must come to life

Taco fest - tacos

Sign Language Fest

Hermaphodite Fest

Legend Fest

Epic Fest

1999 Fest

2000 Fest

3000 Fest

Fest FEST

DarkElastic
11-14-2008, 08:26 AM
I would have thought it would be Pulp Fest to follow on from the script Fest of the same title. That way there will already be a number of scripts ready to make into films and it will be up to the crews to pick and make deals for the scripts they would like to produce.
Just a thought.

Tom Marshall
11-14-2008, 10:09 AM
OnTheLotFest. Michael Bay will be a special guest judge. :)

Richard J. Johnson
11-14-2008, 10:11 AM
How about Bay Fest. The only criteria would be to make your film "Awesome"

Simon Höfer
11-14-2008, 12:06 PM
I'm in :D

triplej96
11-14-2008, 03:02 PM

And you must shoot the film "dirty" lol!

Tom Marshall
11-14-2008, 04:00 PM
I like BayFest!

ConspiracyPenguin
11-15-2008, 12:22 AM
And you would need at least 2 explosions and 1 car crash.

Richard J. Johnson
11-15-2008, 07:30 AM
And 1 stupidly hot actress.

Tom Marshall
11-15-2008, 11:12 AM
Piece of cake. I've got Megan Fox in speed dial. :thumbsup:

Neal Buconjic
11-15-2008, 12:01 PM
And you would need at least 2 explosions and 1 car crash.

Detonationfilms.com would be getting a flood of traffic and business.

I'm game! Let's make a "Hollywood Blockbuster" on a shoe-string budget!

CharlieG
11-15-2008, 12:05 PM

I can get Randy Wallace to write the script

ConspiracyPenguin
11-15-2008, 02:31 PM
Piece of cake. I've got Megan Fox in speed dial. :thumbsup:

Can I be in that movie!? :D

Mattykins
11-15-2008, 03:34 PM
Can I be in that movie!? :D

I think she is out of your league Penguin.

Richard J. Johnson
11-15-2008, 04:04 PM
Please no comedy fest. Please no comedy fest. Please no comedy fest. I want war fest! Or penguin fest.

ConspiracyPenguin
11-15-2008, 05:35 PM
I think she is out of your league Penguin.

I KNOW she is, but hell, if the script calls for it...nevermind.

Oh, and can I get another tally on the board for PenguinFest? Thanks, filthrich! :grin:

TellLiesVisually
11-15-2008, 08:57 PM
What if? Fest.

a fest of stories based around the question What If?....

What If... gas stations went out of business???

What if... hitler won the war..

I dont know, just some random stuff like that. Could have some very imaginative and interesting stories coming through

Tom Marshall
11-15-2008, 10:26 PM
I think Hollywood Blockbuster fest is a great idea.

And yes, Penguin, Megan is out of your league... that reminds me of the Entourage episode where Drama got wood when he was in that scene with Brooke Shields... :D

Inexistence
11-16-2008, 11:41 AM
Hollywood Blockbuster sounds cool. Extremely challenging!

DarkElastic
11-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Hollywood Blockbuster is a terrible idea, I can't see many people entering into it because of budgeting and skill reasons.

lawriejaffa
11-16-2008, 02:29 PM
Yep and no offence to our American Peers ;) but Hollywood fest would be like 'make a commercial michael bay piece of crap fest'

A festival that inspires originality rather than one that demands imitation is preferred...

J.R. Hudson
11-16-2008, 02:34 PM
Something down the road that can be fun is a Cinemafest ...

All films paying tribute to the love of film.

Nic Aragon
11-17-2008, 03:23 AM
CliffhangerFest and NO not Stallone Cliffhanger >_<

but all films must have a cliffhanger at the end, and maybe the winner gets money to make the second episode closing out the events of the first. :P

ghalied
11-17-2008, 05:12 AM
PirateFest?

Michael Anthony Horrigan
11-17-2008, 08:04 AM
Something down the road that can be fun is a Cinemafest ...

All films paying tribute to the love of film.That's what we do by getting off our asses and making films in the first place. :beer:

I think it's our love of film that got us here.

Cheers,

Mike

alex whitmer
11-17-2008, 12:06 PM
Children's Fest

Good films for kids. No Disney.

lawriejaffa
11-17-2008, 01:11 PM
Children's Fest hehe ;)

Thats gonna be a lot of preachy films to sit through! What about SpiritFest - where all the films have an element of spirituality (doesnt have to be religious necessarily, but beliefs... etc?)

WayneB
11-17-2008, 01:38 PM
Children's Fest

Good films for kids. No Disney.

I too like Childfest or Childrenfest. Childlike faith, childlike trust, childlike reasoning, learning, development. Someone once said, "there's a child in all of us." So perhaps we could all relate?

Wayne Beck

pauly_the_hitman
11-17-2008, 01:39 PM
OK so there a lot of silly fest ideas below but I would seriously love to have a

WESTERNFEST (cowboys, indians, shoot um up, bad guys good guys ugly guys, horses you know what I'm talking about...)

Drunken Monkey Fest (all must include something that has to do with drunken monkeys...)

Hitman Fest (has to have at least one hitman or women...)

Metalfest (has to have something to do with metal, ie; music, props, weapons, or periodical chart...)

Tikifest (something with at least one tiki in it...)

Mentalillnessfest ( all the charecters must have a mental illness...)

Dorkfest (movies related to dorks and dork behavior...)

Tomfest (all films must be about Tom Marshall in some form...)

Fastfest (all films must pertain to doing something or being fast...)

Vietnamfest (well you should get this one...)

Desertfest (as the name implies must take place or feature the desert...)

Pauly

lawriejaffa
11-17-2008, 01:50 PM
lol i just want to add to Pauly's list, TorturedGuystrappedtoachairFest...

Being from Scotland our WesternFest film would be hilarious though, and god knows what entries from Asia would be like! I think too many Americans would get sentimental doing childfest films, they would be full of awe shuck moments, be inspired by peanuts comic strips and feature sickening coming of age experiences or moral lessons. Then you guys would be forced to experience the full wrath of UK social realism in the form of our 'childrens films' featuring drug addicted - alcohol drinking parents beating the childhood out of their children before leaving them to die homeless on the streets...

Is that what you want? Really? Reaaaallly? I still think HeteroHomoEroticInterracialFest is the best idea so far...

Simon Höfer
11-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Being from Scotland our WesternFest film would be hilarious though, and god knows what entries from Asia would be like!

Well, look out for the film "Sukiyaki Western Django". Then you know what a Asian western looks like :D

lawriejaffa
11-17-2008, 02:00 PM
True Enough! ;) Your film falling was like a post apocaylptic Western ;) Maybe a WesternFest could have a broad enough description to let us use 'archetypes, epic landscapes, life and death conflicts etc' - something like that *shrugs*

Tom Marshall
11-17-2008, 02:15 PM
GilliamFest. Every film has to be somewhat out there, but enjoyable none the less.

lawriejaffa
11-17-2008, 02:23 PM
lol you mean like Twilightfest except with stomping feet graphics!

Tom Marshall
11-17-2008, 02:41 PM
Oh but he's done so much more than just Monty Python. :)

Mattykins
11-17-2008, 02:42 PM
I guess it's loss fest.

Which I am kinda bummed about. I think we had a ton of amazing ideas here.

Jason Ramsey
11-17-2008, 02:54 PM
this is an ongoing list though, guys... One of these days, I'll get around to compiling them all in the top post and just keep adding to them as you guys come up with them.

Maybe, once we get a good list, for next fest we can do a poll...

Later,
Jason

pauly_the_hitman
11-17-2008, 05:11 PM
Well, look out for the film "Sukiyaki Western Django". Then you know what a Asian western looks like :D

Simon that is one of the coolest westerns ever...Good call thats what i was talking about. Wouldn't it be cool to see so many different interpretations on westerns man that would be cool. Oh well Lossfest it is. DAMN!!!!
Pauly

BTW rent that movie it kicks ass...

lawriejaffa
11-17-2008, 05:34 PM
Loss fest isnt a bad idea, i know we think right off - oh its emotional melodrama, but loss can be fairly flexible, and it will force folk to tell tales that deal with emotional, and more on performance. Good be a welcome boost for some and yey ill be entering this time!

Simon Höfer
11-17-2008, 06:28 PM
Simon that is one of the coolest westerns ever...Good call thats what i was talking about.

It is Pauly, it is! =) Gotta love the Japanese :)

Michael Anthony Horrigan
11-17-2008, 06:51 PM
LossFest is cool. You can pull off any idea posted in this thread and have it fit the new LossFest theme.
I won't be in Loss Fest but it will be fun watching what everyone comes up with. :thumbsup:

Good luck, guys!

Mike

Chris_Keaton
11-18-2008, 04:00 PM
I would be happy to supply a short screenplay free of charge to a serious director.
I have a couple top-ten screenplays on TriggerStreet and one Screenplay of the month on Zoetrope. I have tons of short script samples.

I can supply the idea or work with you on one.

If you are interested email me at 'keaton01@hotmail.com'

Todd Banks
11-18-2008, 09:07 PM
I'm with Chris, message me if interested.

Jason Ramsey
11-18-2008, 09:31 PM
you guys should post in the "ether" section in the loss fest forum for collaboration.

late,r
Jason

Matt Grunau
11-19-2008, 12:56 AM
Grimmer Fest
Gag Fest
Cop Fest
Hacker Fest
Ghost Fest
Switchback Fest
Fright Fest
Fantasy Fest
Dream Fest

IjabaFilms
12-18-2008, 11:15 AM
I'd like to see one where all films have to be in black and white.

jayrex
01-18-2009, 03:16 PM
Hello,

I'm new here and I've tried to read as much helpful threads as I can. I can see that there are three to four fests a year. I was wondering what the date of the next fest was?

Also, the registering here was iffy. You need to change the 'year it is' to 2009.

When the new fest comes around, how do you submit?

Regards,

Javier

FilmCrewe
02-01-2009, 12:18 AM
Might sound harsh but a lot could be done, in all genres, with Hatred.

Zak Forsman
03-09-2009, 01:44 PM
so next fest is a return to "popcorn" season... let's have some fun with it....

ramsaur
03-09-2009, 01:48 PM
I like:
War Fest
No Dialogue Fest
Christmas Fest

I thought of:
Sci-Fi Fest
Historical/History Fest
Faith Fest
Western Fest
End of the World Fest

Jason Ramsey
03-09-2009, 01:51 PM
we've just started talking about this today as well. The first idea that has been kicked around is some form of crime/noir type fest.

Not saying that is by any means what we are going to do. Just throwing it out there.

Interested to hear what you guys come up with. I'm going to have to go back through here and look at some of the past ideas as well.

later,
Jason

Zak Forsman
03-09-2009, 01:54 PM
how about QuestFest? i like the way it rolls off the tongue. stories about making a journey whether that be to retrieve the sacred scrolls or thru the land of the living dead or over the hills and thru the woods to grandma's house we go!

EDIT: I like stories about criminals too.

RodThompson
03-09-2009, 02:09 PM
QuestFest sounds awesome!

Jason Ramsey
03-09-2009, 02:32 PM
questfest sounds interesting...

Definitely will put it on the list for consideration...

later,
Jason

ramsaur
03-09-2009, 02:41 PM
Questfest sounds fun. I'm already interested.

Rylan Zolinski
03-09-2009, 02:45 PM
A fest in which the entirety of the short has to be made up of one shot. Man that would be hard.

ZazaCast
03-09-2009, 02:47 PM
I really like the QuestFest idea...nice one Zak!

Richard J. Johnson
03-09-2009, 02:52 PM
Warfest. You could do so much with that.

I would totally be into Crime/noir fest as well.

Postmaster
03-09-2009, 02:55 PM
But it would take me more than 6 Minutes to do a German version of "Band of Brothers" :D

Frank

Noel Evans
03-09-2009, 03:00 PM
With the kind of recent script fest being pulp fest - personally I think there could be some marriage of fests and go PULP. Plenty of noir/action/drama in there.

PULP PULP PULP

Already a bunch of good scripts ready to go.

Chris Messineo
03-09-2009, 03:50 PM
CrimeFest or ActionFest both sound great to me.

Zak Forsman
03-09-2009, 03:52 PM
or how about some creepy movies about bugs? call it InFest.

Zak Forsman
03-09-2009, 03:53 PM
or for comedy... SurelyYouJestFest

Norm Sanders
03-09-2009, 03:55 PM
QuestFest has a solid ring to it, that's for sure. It's also something I think Sam Balcomb would ROCK at (won the 1st fest - ZombieFest - with Texas Fortune), as that's his schtick ... huge epic stuff.

Whatever is done next, I owe it to myself & my family to try & do something comedic with it ... which means I'll have to have someone write it for me, cuz everything I write ends up being darker & more serious.

Rylan Zolinski
03-09-2009, 04:14 PM
I agree with the crime idea.

Postmaster
03-09-2009, 04:25 PM
I´m in if it is crime fest.

Frank

ramsaur
03-09-2009, 04:50 PM
Crime and Quest I'm liking but out of the two if I had to vote it would be QuestFest

Rylan Zolinski
03-09-2009, 08:32 PM
I like the crime idea. That get's a vote from me.

MrKilloran
03-10-2009, 12:37 AM
I like the idea of crime/noir fest,

also WestFest - A rough and tumble western, a la Ford, Leone, Eastwood, Peckinpah, etc.

Rylan Zolinski
03-10-2009, 02:36 AM
How long does it usually take to pick the next theme after a fest is already happening? What I mean is, how long before we see what the next theme will be? Do we just wait until a bunch of people post their thoughts? How does it work?

baofengyu
03-10-2009, 10:47 AM
After careful consideration, I would sumbit the following:

KaijuFest- Break out your favorite rubber suited monster and stomp a city
WuxiaFest- Your take on a popular Kung Fu movie or create your own
Sentai Fest- Everyone's favorite power ranger type heroes battling monsters
Alternate History Fest- A 'what if' dealing with changes to history
RoboFest- Must have a robot of somekind in it.
TimeFest- Deals with time or time travel of somekind
Fifties Fest- Films set in the 50s. Can be any genre

I like some of the previous ideas about Noir type fests or dealing with Quests.

Rob

Zak Forsman
03-10-2009, 12:00 PM
TimeFest- Deals with time or time travel of somekind

I like this one.

Jason Ramsey
03-10-2009, 12:04 PM
heh heh...

ecking
03-10-2009, 08:54 PM
After careful consideration, I would sumbit the following:

Sentai Fest- Everyone's favorite power ranger type heroes battling monsters
Alternate History Fest- A 'what if' dealing with changes to history
Fifties Fest- Films set in the 50s. Can be any genre

Any of these ones would be too good! I'd enter for sure.

Ezekiel667
03-10-2009, 10:19 PM
I'm down for just about anything, seeing as all my attempts to enter past Fest's have been thwarted by fate.

Personally, after LossFest, which I obviously didn't enter, but have been watching since viewing opened, I would prefer something dealing with action.

CrimeFest could work
ActionFest, simple, to the point
QuestFest seems to be getting popular, I think it would be cool to make a 6 minute epic

But like I said, I'm down for anything.

ramsaur
03-10-2009, 11:13 PM
Let's do QuestFest ... Once I read Zak's post about it.. Ideas were popping like crazy in my head.... still are.

Rylan Zolinski
03-11-2009, 09:01 AM
I already have an idea that can work for both crime and quest. I'm cool with either now.

Jimmy Moss
03-13-2009, 10:39 PM
CrimeFest

Hellfest

Midget Fest

You could do fest where their are some technical specs you have to meet. Like, only one source of light for the entire film, or one actor only, or tell a story with closeups only or something.

orchidsofwrath
03-15-2009, 03:49 AM
You could do fest where their are some technical specs you have to meet. Like, only one source of light for the entire film, or one actor only, or tell a story with closeups only or something.

I think everyone (and me too) likes the fests more open ended. I really wouldn't like something that restrictive.

Rylan Zolinski
03-15-2009, 06:18 PM
BreastFest.

Boobs galore.

OH YEAH.

CallaghanFilms
03-15-2009, 07:06 PM
I would have thought it would be Pulp Fest to follow on from the script Fest of the same title. That way there will already be a number of scripts ready to make into films...

Agreedhttp://www.greensmilies.com/smile/smiley_emoticons_2thumbs.gif
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/forumdisplay.php?s=&securitytoken=1237165062-2a5e235c59ba9b4320cc49bc85112ef3ead1a2e8&f=158&page=1&pp=20&sort=lastpost&order=desc&daysprune=365

RodThompson
03-15-2009, 08:01 PM
What exactly is pulp?

Ezekiel667
03-15-2009, 10:15 PM
What exactly is pulp?

Isn't it that lumpy stuff in Orange Juice? :beer:

CallaghanFilms
03-16-2009, 06:22 AM
What exactly is pulp?

From http://www.vintagelibrary.com/pulpfiction/PulpFictionCentral.php

Pulp Fiction Genres
The magazines were hugely succesful in their day and they spanned out to reach all types of readers by providing niche fiction magazines for all different types of stories. Creating a number of new types of genres including the Hard Boiled Detective, Science Fiction and Fantasy.

Here is an overview on many of the different pulp genres. And, here are some sections dedicated to specific pulp genres.

Adventure
Hardboiled
Modern Pulp
Spicy Pulps
Weird Menace
Westerns

Modern Pulp Fiction
The pulps have influenced all forms of entertainment. Our Modern Pulp section includes works that classic pulp fiction fans may enjoy. Two obvious series characters in print include Indiana Jones and James Bond.

Also our Magazine Rack may have something for the Modern Pulp reader.

Also...think Sin City, Reservoir Dogs, L.A. Confidential, Pulp Fiction...

Chamber005
03-16-2009, 05:23 PM
See, I think pulp is a STYLE of filmmaking.

If you ask everyone to do pulp, the winner will be someone who shoots good pulp.

I think you're better off just going with a theme...

Parenting....

Suicide...

Planes, trains and autos?

I dunno. It seems like if you ask for a specific style of film you won't get the best stew from each cook.

Chamber005
03-16-2009, 05:25 PM
By the way...what the hell is the theme for this current fest? I see nothing in common with any of the films. I must have arrived too late to these boards to know it.

Richard J. Johnson
03-16-2009, 05:54 PM
By the way...what the hell is the theme for this current fest? I see nothing in common with any of the films. I must have arrived too late to these boards to know it.

LOL. Lossfest.

ZazaCast
03-16-2009, 06:07 PM
I still like QuestFest...quick, say it 5 times fast.

...see what I mean? QuestFest!

Ezekiel667
03-16-2009, 07:36 PM
The more I think about it, the more I really want QuestFest to win. I'm getting ideas all over the place for comedies, action-epics, drama's...I'll be pissed if all these ideas go to waste.

Richard J. Johnson
03-16-2009, 08:24 PM
I would have more fun with crime fest. But I could do questfest as well. It sounds great rolling off the tounge but what could be done with it? Just curious.

maestro1d
03-17-2009, 11:24 PM
How about Suspense Fest? We've seen Horror Fest and Drama Fest- But horror included a lot of gore entries, and Drama is a pretty big range. Suspense Fest... Think Hitchcock.

Also: Musical Fest, Adventure Fest, Crime Fest (Pulp fiction, Snatch, Lock Stock etc). I like crime fest better than pulp fest- The Spirit was trying to be Sin City, and well... tankeroo.

tmnt
03-18-2009, 06:53 AM
QuestFest sounds good.

MrKilloran
03-18-2009, 02:05 PM
My vote is still for CRIMEFEST

alternative...
DocuFest - make a documentary styled film, can be real, fake, mockumentary, etc.

Jason Ramsey
03-18-2009, 04:33 PM
And.... the next fest is.........

highlight below:
Going to be announced when this fest is over.... we still haven't decided yet, so keep the ideas rolling

Later,
Jason

Blaine
03-18-2009, 04:36 PM

highlight below:

Later,
JasonThere's a name for people like you...:grin:

Jason Ramsey
03-18-2009, 04:39 PM
There's a name for people like you...:grin:

Jason? Almost awesomness?

later,
Jason

Rylan Zolinski
03-19-2009, 10:33 PM
Any way to get a poll up or something? How is this usually decided? I am already itching to get started on the next one. I haven't had this much fun in a long long time.

Richard J. Johnson
03-20-2009, 01:20 AM

highlight below:
Going to be announced when this fest is over.... we still haven't decided yet, so keep the ideas rolling

Later,
Jason

Damn you Ramsey. damn you.

I hope it's not Pulp Fest. Crimefest, Questfest, Or Warfest would be fun. Plust I have stories that could fit all 3.

Rylan Zolinski
03-20-2009, 07:33 AM

highlight below:

Later,
Jason

Bah, I am an idiot. When I first tried highlighting this, for some reason it never highlighted for me, haha.

ZazaCast
03-20-2009, 07:58 AM
QuestFest Rules!

...after all...isn't there enough crime going around these days?

baofengyu
03-20-2009, 09:39 AM
QuestFest seems to be a popular idea, and I can think of several story ideas. As an addition idea, what about:

CyberFest- Dealing with man/machine interaction

Rob

Tim Joy
03-20-2009, 10:19 AM
STEAL-FEST

A good follow up to Loss. Something stolen. That bank-heist idea I have sitting on the shelf is waiting for an opportunity to be made.

Zak Forsman
03-20-2009, 10:24 AM
STEAL-FEST

A good follow up to Loss. Something stolen. That bank-heist idea I have sitting on the shelf is waiting for an opportunity to be made.

great idea. I'm taking it.

DChang
03-20-2009, 10:40 AM
FestFest!

Any topic pertaining to the last 4-5 fests.

Also known as ProcrastinatorsFest...

CallaghanFilms
03-20-2009, 11:02 AM
EdWoodFest

kyle.presley
03-20-2009, 11:07 AM
I vote DocFest.

baofengyu
03-21-2009, 10:37 AM
EdWoodFest

EdWoodFest? Does that mean the total cost of the film can't be more than $50 and everything has to be shot in one take?

Rob

03-21-2009, 05:53 PM
Just some ideas:

Manipulation Fest
Recovery Fest
Lust Fest

I also liked the suggestion of Sports Fest

MrKilloran
03-22-2009, 01:18 AM
I vote DocFest.

Thats two! :thumbsup:

armisiano
03-23-2009, 09:32 AM
What about FestFest? All Fest about Fest. It would be the fests of fests, hands down. I already have a fest in mind...

Denis Haineault
03-23-2009, 09:56 AM
Extreme Deus Ex Machina Fest.

The more absurd, the better.

darkrequiem1134
03-23-2009, 05:52 PM
Some ideas i had for fests...hopefully they will at least be considered.

Dreamfest:
films dealing with dreams or nightmares. people having dreams, people in dreams, dreams manifesting in reality.

Herofest:
films dealing with the struggle to become a hero, the hardships or triumphs of being a hero, a hero's downfall.

Villainfest:
films dealing with the bad side of life, where the main character is not the hero, not the good guy. Showing what the other side of the spectrum is like.

Powerfest:
Films dealing with special abilities, in human powers, (ex: super strength, super speed, telekenesis, flight, ect...)

Zfest:
films dealing with those ever popular walking dead cannibals tat we all know and love, fast or slow, dead or infected.

Exquisite Corpse-fest:
each submission would be written and directed by multiple people, in a manner where the first filmmaker will begin the story, and the others will continue where he left off until it concludes.

Kingfest:
Films written in the vein of stephen king. films about the strange and unusual, the unexplained, and the worlds beyond our own.

Possessfest:
films dealing with possession, people being possessed by something (spirit, demon, angel, ect.)

Revengefest:
Films dealing with Vengence, people out for revenge, revenge coming down on someone, or even just the concept of revenge. it's pretty self explanitory.

Punishment-fest: (kinda goes with the above)
films dealing with people being punished for something they've done, or punishing someone for something they've done, maybe people suffering the punishment for their actions.

Knoxworth
04-22-2009, 05:01 AM
I think QuestFest was a great pick.

Its ambiguous enough. Anything TOO specific usually means people will be turned off. For instance, if every movie has to have "Oooh, I love pickles" as a line of dialogue.... its usually a red flag that creativity will be sacrificed somewhere down the line.

dsto
04-24-2009, 03:56 AM
After QuestFest it should be Tale-Spin Fest. You have to take an old story or legend and re-tell it in a modern setting.
Someone can come up with a better name, but the idea....I like.

uglysexy
05-28-2009, 08:48 PM
More feature length films

Andrew McCarrick
06-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Why not music video fest? Several users could get together and record a song. Then on the date that the competition starts, everyone would be able to access it in MP3 form. Maybe two or three songs to give people a genre variety.

I'd really like a Music Video Fest, but it should be based around music in ones local community, find a local unsigned (or indie label) band, and do a video for them. That way there's tons of variety in the videos, it's not the same 2-3 songs over and over again.

ramsaur
06-08-2009, 05:52 PM
how bout a fest that involves films and not videos.

Steve Laramie
06-09-2009, 01:47 PM
Start movie by waking up and hitting alarm fest....

RodThompson
06-09-2009, 02:14 PM
After QuestFest it should be Tale-Spin Fest. You have to take an old story or legend and re-tell it in a modern setting.
Someone can come up with a better name, but the idea....I like.

RetroFest!

I love this idea! And it goes along with all of the bullshit remakes that keep coming out. Lol.

But seriously...old retold new = renew.

ramsaur
06-09-2009, 11:13 PM
I think it'll be something related with suspense and thrill since halloween will be coming up since 2 yrs ago it was hallow fest then last year it was twilight fest. So I bet it will be something along the lines of that.

I just hope it's a fest where it doesn't have to be a horror or twilightish. I actually have two genres in mind for the next fest and really hoping the theme can fit the two genres I have in mind.

RodThompson
06-11-2009, 06:57 PM
WTFest

Nothing is right. Nothing is wrong. Imagine Donnie Darko or Scanner Darkly...just a twisted pic that makes you ask yourself WTF?

Required element: One character has to say, "Double-yoo tee eff?"

Steve Laramie
06-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Koyaanisqatsi styled film fest?

Tom Marshall
06-11-2009, 10:45 PM
ArnoldFest. Remake any film Arnold has been in. :D

RodThompson
06-20-2009, 10:31 PM
:kali:MockFest!!

Make a mockumentary or First person narrative.

Mock example: Spinal Tap / Best of Show / Borat

First Person Narrative: Cloverfield / Blair Witch

Rylan Zolinski
06-29-2009, 10:52 PM
Some ideas i had for fests...hopefully they will at least be considered.

Revengefest:
Films dealing with Vengence, people out for revenge, revenge coming down on someone, or even just the concept of revenge. it's pretty self explanitory.

I like this one. Since the next fest will be in the time zone of Halloween, they could tie in together quite well.

MrKilloran
06-30-2009, 10:09 PM
:kali:MockFest!!

Make a mockumentary

Mock example: Spinal Tap / Best of Show / Borat

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: I dig it

ramsaur
07-02-2009, 08:41 PM
I agree with Revenge Fest as well. It takes the Horror Genre and you can do pretty much any genre with it as well.

teresadecher
07-04-2009, 07:01 PM
WTFest

Nothing is right. Nothing is wrong. Imagine Donnie Darko or Scanner Darkly...just a twisted pic that makes you ask yourself WTF?

Required element: One character has to say, "Double-yoo tee eff?"

I like the idea of WTF fest and the required line hahaha.

Either that or comedy fest! I want to shoot a comedy. :)

Marc Villafan
07-04-2009, 11:13 PM
I agree with Revenge Fest as well. It takes the Horror Genre and you can do pretty much any genre with it as well.
I agree on revenge fest too. As Ramsaur said, it includes the horror genre, also action and more. Pretty decent variety there.

Tom Marshall
07-05-2009, 01:09 AM
Revengefest sounds cool... :)

HCPROD
07-05-2009, 03:31 AM
Revengefest sounds cool... :)

I agree. Revengefest sounds like it could be fun!

Jeff Anderson
07-05-2009, 05:42 AM
I could do revenge... Also have some End of the World/scifi thoughts floating through my head...

Jeff Anderson
07-05-2009, 05:44 AM
oooh... WTF-Fest... I like that...

chriscurl
07-05-2009, 06:17 AM
RevengeFest sounds good.

WTFfest sounds like a get out of jail free card for making a bad movie and MockFest and ComedyFest seem too restrictive, since they are genres unto themselves.

ramsaur
07-05-2009, 03:42 PM
oooh... WTF-Fest... I like that...

or you can stick with agreeing more with Revenge Fest :)
WTF fest is just watching the film then after watching you say "WTF!?"

There were some genres I wanted to try for the next fest but wanted to see what the theme was first and talking revenge, I can definitely do! Let's please do revenge fest!

Jeff Anderson
07-05-2009, 08:21 PM
ok fine, revenge fest! That does leave the door very wide open for interpretation too - could be just about any genre and revenge for just about anything. RevengeFest!!

Tom Marshall
07-05-2009, 08:29 PM
ok fine, revenge fest! That does leave the door very wide open for interpretation too - could be just about any genre and revenge for just about anything. RevengeFest!!

Peer pressure wins again! :thumbup:

Jeff Anderson
07-05-2009, 08:57 PM
com'n all the cool kids are doing revengefest...

GoodLuck
07-05-2009, 09:07 PM
That sounds like a cool fest idea, revenge fest. :beer:

Rylan Zolinski
07-06-2009, 11:24 PM
RevengeFest seems to be highly favored so far! *Crosses fingers*