PDA

View Full Version : Another Script Up For Grabs

ConspiracyPenguin
10-05-2008, 08:46 PM
I was going to post this in my old thread about scripts but I decided that no one would know what the update was and probably not read it. Robbie came to me with the beginning of a single scene and asked me to make it into a script. I polished up that scene and finished the story. He likes it but is unable to shoot it so I am offering it up for those who are still looking for a script. Here are some basic facts:

-------------
TITLE: MORE THAN WORDS

LENGTH: 5 PAGES

ACTORS: 2 (1 MALE/1 FEMALE)

LOCATIONS: 3 (SHED/BACKYARD/LAKE)

SYNOPSIS: Dustin knew five years was not enough time to make a time capsule worth the trouble, but that no longer mattered. Digging it up brought back a flood of memories, some good, some bad; but, more than that, it brought him a letter with a very startling subject matter.
------------

If you are interested in possibly shooting the script and would like to take a look, PM me or send me an email at: n.burdicklane@gmail.com. I am also available to make edits, as you wish, to a certain extent.

Thanks,

ConspiracyPenguin
10-07-2008, 04:25 PM
Well, due partly to the lack of interest and partly to my growing love of this script I may decide to stop offering it and just film an extended version myself next Summer. That being said, if you are interested in possibly filming it, do send me a PM or email and we can talk about it. I haven't made up my mind completely yet. :)

Larry Rutledge
10-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Interesting idea, sounds similar to Knowing (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0448011/).

Not looking for a script to shoot, but would be intrigued to see this one. Maybe I can give some useful input before you go into production :)

Robbie Comeau
10-07-2008, 06:10 PM
I'll take it..

Lol.

Robbie

ConspiracyPenguin
10-07-2008, 07:02 PM
I'll take it..

Lol.

Robbie

You said you couldn't do it! That means you don't get it! Bwahahahahaha! :evil: Larry, I will send you a PM.

EDIT: Just took a look at Knowing. Damn. VERY similar idea. It is still in production so maybe I can beat them to it! :) Funny how that would be written and I would write this one at the same time.

Larry Rutledge
10-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Still waiting for the PM :)

You'll have a hard time convincing anyone around the 'user' community that yours came before "Knowing". There is a vested interest in Knowing because its shot on the Red One.

But keep it as a long short (15 - 20 minutes max) and send it to festivals ... if you time it right you might be able to parlay off the success of Knowing to boost your own film :)

ConspiracyPenguin
10-07-2008, 07:58 PM
Well, let me just say this: "Knowing" was written first but I, admittedly, knew nothing about it and, in fact, had never heard of it when I wrote "More Than Words." And let me make this clear: I DO NOT intend on trying to "one up" the creators of "Knowing." They had a good idea, I had the same good idea, they just beat me to it. End of story. Good on them. I will still film it though. :)

Oh, yes, PM...sorry. How about an email?

Robbie Comeau
10-12-2008, 12:20 PM
I thought of the IDEA HERE!

ConspiracyPenguin
10-12-2008, 02:15 PM
I thought of the IDEA HERE!

Bull crap you did! This is what I got from you:

A guy digs up a time capsule. Inside is a letter and he mutters "Amanda."

I am the one who took that and came up with the story idea. I changed the beginning a lot and wrote the rest entirely on my own. Even still, you are going to get credit for what you did (more than you should, I would say) so stop whining. And don't make me pull our conversation out of my MSN archives! :)

On a side note: I have found someone interested in filming the piece and, reluctantly, let it go to him. I am looking forward to seeing what he can do with it.

alex whitmer
10-12-2008, 02:19 PM
Might be time for this to go to PM.

pauly_the_hitman
10-12-2008, 05:49 PM
Hey I actually dug up the schools time capsule when I was ten just to steal the Rubiks cube that was inside it. Got in huge trouble. So maybe I wrote this before anybody. LOL J/K.
Pauly

Robbie Comeau
10-12-2008, 06:12 PM
But Nick, I had the original IDEA. Right?

Who'd you give it to? Thread? Poster? Lemme see!

Robbie

ConspiracyPenguin
10-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Might be time for this to go to PM.

Hehehe. I was just having a little fun with him :) (even if what I said was true) but now that this conversation is progressing I will move into the private sector. However, before I do, I think it needs to be made clear that Robbie did not have the original idea, that would imply he gave me a complete synopsis and I wrote the script. This is not the case. The idea was mine based on a small, subjective opening scene. I don't want people to think I am one of those folks who steals ideas, because that is one things I HATE.

Robbie, I will see you on MSN. :)