PDA

View Full Version : Countdown To DV Expo For HMC-150 Users & Fans...

BobDiaz
10-04-2008, 11:02 PM
For those in the LA area, DV Expo is coming November 4 - 6 with the show floor open November 5 - 6 (Wednesday & Thursday). Odds are that Panasonic will make some sort of presentation (in one of the side rooms) on the HMC-150 at the show.

I just wanted to see if anyone here will be going to the show.

I'll be there Wednesday, but I have to work on Thursday. :crybaby:

Bob Diaz

Thomas Lew
10-04-2008, 11:32 PM
Aw I wish I could go. Kinda live in New Jersey though?

MikeGunter
10-05-2008, 07:25 AM
Hi Bob,

I had plans to attend this year, but those plans have become fluid due to work requirements with the US Arny. At best I'm tentative since the schedule is up in the air.

Ironically, those requirements entail HMC150 and HPX170 and software training.:engel017:

mikkowilson
10-05-2008, 04:30 PM
IIRC, there is HMC150 training taking place at DVExpo.. :)

Does anyone know who is teaching that BTW?

- Mikko

BobDiaz
10-05-2008, 05:40 PM
Special Events (http://www.dvexpo.com/toattend.php) All session listed here are FREE to all attendees and will be held in on the show floor in the Presentation Theater or the Master Lighting Classroom located in the DV Expo exhibit hall.

WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 5

1:00pm TAPELESS PRODUCTION PRIMER
We explore the tapeless production process with a look at a range of "card-carrying" cameras. The session also examines how editing software deals
with the new tapeless file formats, with a focus on how to import, edit and export your material.

2:30pm AVCCAM CLASSROOM
http://www.dvexpo.com/artman2/uploads/1/panasonicLogo_1_thumb.jpg A look at Panasonic's AVCCAM line of solidstate camcorders, a new generation of affordable camcorders that record HD quality on widely-available SD cards.

This comes from the DV Expo web page, but it does not say who is doing what.

Also on Wednesday, I see:

10:30 AM - 12:00 PM | DV 101 AVCCAM Ė Next Generation Affordable HD Acquisition

Bernie Mitchell, president of Silver Platter Productions, presents the extensive benefits of AVCCAM, Panasonicís professional solid-state AVCHD implementation. Learn why itís superior to HDV. The new AG-HMC150, a 3-CCD handheld production camcorder that captures stunning HD images in 1080 or 720p on SD cards, will be showcased.

Now I wonder if Bernie Mitchell will be speaking at the 2:20 AVCCAM Classroom.

Bob Diaz

impressive creations
10-05-2008, 11:50 PM
Thanks for mentioning this Bob. Yeah, I will be there. I just registered. . Should have my HMC (s) by then too. My DVX100B just took a poop and I got new heads and a mother board. Selling it now. Do know for how much yet, but it has like 2 hours on it with 4 big batteries and some other stuff. Crazy deal. Selling my GL2 as well. Looks like I may get two HMC's. HD weddings baby!!!

It would be cool to meet up with some DVX users.. Or should we change that to HMC users.. Ha..

B.p.

BobDiaz
10-06-2008, 10:28 AM
Maybe if people are interested, we could meet just after the

http://www.dvexpo.com/artman2/uploads/1/panasonicLogo_1_thumb.jpg A look at Panasonic's AVCCAM line of solidstate camcorders, a new generation of affordable camcorders that record HD quality on widely-available SD cards.

On Wednesday, November 5.

Say, just after the presentation, come up to the front of the room...

Bob Diaz

BobDiaz
11-01-2008, 10:54 AM
I've bumped this up again to remind those in the LA area that after the free 2:30 session, anyone who wants to meet others from this forum, come to the front of the room. My son, Michael and I will be there.... :beer:

Bob Diaz

impressive creations
11-03-2008, 05:38 PM
Hey Bob.. .Yeah, I am planning on going.. What day are you going? I just got my 150 too. That thing is sweet..

Hope all is well,

Brian

BobDiaz
11-03-2008, 07:19 PM
I'll be there on Wednesday, I have classes on the other days.

I'll be at the 10:30 - 12:00 PM DV 101 AVCCAM (Room 503), the 1PM Tapeless Production, and the 2:30 AVCCAM Classroom. Just look for the guy with the black with some purple backpack.

All other times, I'll be looking at the different booths.

Bob Diaz

impressive creations
11-03-2008, 09:31 PM
Hey Bob.. I live here in Torrance.. Shoot me a PM some time..

B.p.

ullanta
11-04-2008, 11:05 AM
I'm hoping to be there Wednesday (tomorrow)... hoping...