PDA

View Full Version : Canon 5D - a friend played with it - REPORT

Matthew Bennett
09-26-2008, 06:18 PM
Hi,

Just got a call from a friend of mine, he was at a wedding trade show here in Toronto, there was a Canon rep there and he had a 5D2.

Four points: These are points he made after some informed face time with my d90 last week, where we extensively shot outdoors, indoors, etc..

1. He said it was incredible in low light, it far exceeds the d90.

2. He said if the d90's rolling shutter is a 100, the 5D2 would be a 10 (as far as jello)

3. He said when he asked the Canon rep about 24p, the rep simply gave him a 'don't hold your breath'

4. No manual ISO or shutter (I think we already knew that, but he confirmed), all you can do, sadly, is lock it down at any point, just like the d90, and adjust two stops using a control (don't know which exactly)

This all made me think... the company I work for actually did a large video project for Canon here in Toronto, (for their photocopier division), I gotta use my contacts and get into that camera dept and test this thing out myself!!!

I'll definitely report when I see it in person!

PappasArts
09-26-2008, 06:37 PM
<<4. No manual ISO or shutter>>>>

That's the worst on the list. As well 24P, however I knew they wouldn't do 24p.

Friggin Canon! They Suck, suck suck suck...

Thanks for the report man.

Park Edwards
09-26-2008, 06:45 PM
laugh, yeah, trust in the canon rep to tell you it's a better camera.

ESTEBEVERDE
09-26-2008, 07:04 PM
I seriously wonder if Canon is going to use this chip in a new XHA1 replacement.

Of course it will have 24p and manual controls but will they be smart enough to make their next camcorder solid state and designed to be used with their 35mm lenses.

ryan brown
09-26-2008, 07:50 PM
will they be smart enough to make their next camcorder solid state and designed to be used with their 35mm lenses.

I wish... but I just don't see Canon to be the first to do it.

Lee Wilson
09-26-2008, 07:51 PM
30p in PAL land simply won't be swallowed, I wonder if they are going to make it 25p in Europe ?