PDA

View Full Version : Raw clips from "Reverie" on Friday...

Elton
09-25-2008, 11:35 AM
According to Vincent's blog: http://blog.vincentlaforet.com/

Mods--This camera needs its own forum with the other Canon cameras.

Matthew Bennett
09-25-2008, 12:32 PM
Nice!

It appears that Vincent is officially 'on top of' getting those 24P requests directly to Canon.

I hope to god they will listen.

Park Edwards
09-25-2008, 12:38 PM
Nice!

It appears that Vincent is officially 'on top of' getting those 24P requests directly to Canon.

I hope to god they will listen.

Did I read a different blog? I didn't see any mention of 24p or the need of.

Matthew Bennett
09-25-2008, 12:41 PM
Its not in the blog text, in the responses thread he responds that he has 'passed on' all pertinent requests.

Another thing is that HE WILL NOT answer any questions re: MANUAL CONTROL over shutter and ISO.

Why not? Who knows. Maybe an NDA that forces him to not talk about exact controls, etc, simply 'cause Canon might change those things last minute. Or they are all sneaky ba$tards that want you to buy the camera to see if it has proper manual controls.. or somthing else.

booggerg2
09-25-2008, 12:43 PM
24P is the least of our worries..

auto exposure ONLY is way limiting, and it seems like this camera only does auto exposure.

Park Edwards
09-25-2008, 12:49 PM
It's 50/50 I think. If canon sees the demand in the SLR's and it's going to make them money, they might put 24p. But you know how many people will be pissed and how much money they would lose on their Canon prosumer camcorders? A lot.

Given it has all your the normal manual controls their prosumer camera's have and more.

Matthew Bennett
09-25-2008, 12:51 PM
24P is the least of our worries..

auto exposure ONLY is way limiting, and it seems like this camera only does auto exposure.

There is seemingly no way to get any sort of info or response to this issue....

I've actually made my peace with auto exposure on the d90 - the jpeg compression is so crazy that you WANT the camera to suggest the best exposure, otherwise if you accidentally underexposed, you would get killed by the banding, etc...

Ryan E. Walters
10-23-2008, 12:34 PM
Does anyone have these clips? I would love to check them out however Canon has taken them off line due to being overwhelmed by demand...

joe 1008
10-23-2008, 02:37 PM
Does anyone have these clips? I would love to check them out however Canon has taken them off line due to being overwhelmed by demand...

Simply visit the director's site, you will find a link there:

http://blog.vincentlaforet.com

Ryan E. Walters
10-23-2008, 02:53 PM
Yep, and that link takes you to canon's site, which says that they have taken it off line due to the amount of traffic it has generated. So I cannot find the footage any where ..

joe 1008
10-23-2008, 04:05 PM
Just went to the page, scrolled down to the Reverie part and clicked on:

"For the video, click on the image above or here: REVERIE."

No doubt, it's still there.

Ryan E. Walters
10-23-2008, 04:22 PM
I think that you are misunderstanding me. I'm not looking for the video or the BTS video. I'm looking for the 3 raw clips that were provided for download. (Until 10/01/08 that is.)

You can see the post about the clips here:
http://blog.vincentlaforet.com/2008/10/01/download-the-raw-reverie-clips-from-the-canon-site-before-midnight-tonight/

Those are the clips I'm looking for. I would love to be able to take a look and play with one of the actual clips.

joe 1008
10-25-2008, 08:17 AM
Sorry Ryan, no Idear. But some people on this blog should have the raw clips and maybe would be so kind and send them to yo?