PDA

View Full Version : Red Scarlet Changing!

dave12781
09-22-2008, 07:10 PM
For those of you who don't know... Red is changing all of the specs for the Red Scarlet because "the marketplace has changed."

www.red.com

Supposed to get more details soon, but I know most of you are on Scarletuser too.

ESTEBEVERDE
09-22-2008, 07:15 PM
Yep.

Jim posted a little while ago.

This is excellent that RED is so responsive.

Very Cool indeed.

Hopefully they pull it off in great style, from, and function!

MikeyPOTG
09-22-2008, 07:56 PM
That's a very interesting announcement, especially considering how long they've been working on the Scarlet. I wonder how long ago they were thinking about "changing" it. If it just happened after the Canon annoucement, I'm thinking it'll be a long while before we see this bad boy.

They're likely just going to somehow combine the Scarlet and the DSLR they were working on.

banksie312
09-22-2008, 08:16 PM
i treaded through all the pages and to answer mikey, 10 days. They thought about it 10 days ago and decided on it 3 days ago. Jim said he wanted everyone to know right away.

hopefully we will be able to see what comes of this...just hopefully not a lot larger of a pricetag.

i would head over to reduser to check out most of the info...if it helps you can go page by page and scroll down quickly because Jim's avatar picture is huge and you will see when he posts, thats what i did

RollItTakeIt
09-22-2008, 08:30 PM
vaporware

ESTEBEVERDE
09-22-2008, 09:00 PM
vaporware

Maybe.

I doubt it though.

Jim has deep pockets and is obsessed.

I think he'll see it through but time will tell.

MikeyPOTG
09-22-2008, 09:08 PM
As much as I love a new "toy" as the next guy, I dont mind the wait. It'll give me time to enjoy my D90! ...and save some money.

f64manray
09-22-2008, 09:20 PM
For those of you who don't know... Red is changing all of the specs for the Red Scarlet because "the marketplace has changed."

Ya think? It's good to see they're keeping abreast on what's happening or did they just feel that swift kick to the groin from the D5 MKII Vincent Laforet video? :-)

Reginald Campbell
09-22-2008, 09:20 PM
thats cool

The Sarlacc
09-22-2008, 11:29 PM
vaporware

You can say this. I did. For a long time. I was very much a skeptic about RED.

I waited til the current build 16 before even touching one. I'm glad I did. After going to RED and hanging out at their headquarters...these guys mean business.

And the RED is a pretty usable and friendly camera...it still has a lot of flaws, but its only going to upgrade and become more.

I for one am thankful to hear they are going to change the scarlett...With cameras such as the EX-3 out now they have some competition to answer. The Scarlett was terrible looking in design (which means annoying for function.)

I hope they answer with a great affordable...video camera meant for moving images. None of the still crap.

Fair Witness
09-23-2008, 04:52 PM
The Scarlett was pretty solid except for the idiotic decision to have a fixed lens. The reasons they gave for not having interchangeable lenses were suspect especially now with the dslr's doing video. I fully expect RED to do some really cool things with Scarlet now, can't wait!

mcgeedigital
09-23-2008, 04:54 PM
vaporware

Yeah, just like the RED was "vaporware". Not.

Rylan Zolinski
09-23-2008, 05:00 PM
Watch the $3k camera jump to $5k; probably at the least.

booggerg2
09-23-2008, 07:41 PM
I love how the red fanbois get excited twice for 2 separate imaginary cameras. LOL it's almost as bad as Apple fanbois..

Rylan Zolinski
09-23-2008, 09:08 PM
I love how the red fanbois get excited twice for 2 separate imaginary cameras. LOL it's almost as bad as Apple fanbois..

I'm all for the Scarlet, but I can't stand the official forums. The members hug the nuts of RED products so hard and are ignorant towards anything else. It's incredibly annoying.

Luis Caffesse
09-23-2008, 09:25 PM
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=140815&highlight=Scarlet