PDA

View Full Version : FX1 or HDV1000U

kelvintwt
09-16-2008, 10:03 AM
hi. looking for a camera for freelance. currently looking at FX1 and HDV1000U. which one would be a better choice? are there any major differences between them as in functions performance and stuff like that? :huh: sorry for my noob questions. still new :beer:
my budget is around SGD$3000..

vegas06
09-16-2008, 10:28 AM
If your budget is around $3,000, then i would go for the new FX1000. The main reason being that you will have better glass, 20X zoom (if needed), better sensors (if Sony has indeed solved the rolling shutter issues with CMOS chips), barrel mounted iris ring, smaller form factor, and of course better low light performance.

The FX1 is still a great HDV camera (I use 3 myself), so if none or some of these upgrades aren't of major importance to you then, you should be able to easily pickup some used FX1's for around $2,000 or so.

Overall the picture profiles will be similar and overall features of the cameras will be comparable. For me the big thing with the FX1000, is as I siad if Sony has solved the rolling shutter problem with their CMOS sensors. if it uses similar sensors to what the EX1 uses (but smaller 1/3 CMOS sensors for FX1000), then they sould have fixed most of the rolling shutter isssues.