PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Austin know about a hospital location?

Drew Ott
08-13-2008, 01:14 PM
I'm looking for some way to shoot in a hospital room for a day. If anyone here in Austin knows of somewhere, or has shot at a hospital before, that'd be awesome.

Let me know!

Stephen Mick
08-13-2008, 01:36 PM
Just hurt yourself, and make sure you have your camera with you.

Drew Ott
08-13-2008, 01:46 PM
Brilliant!

andoguru
08-13-2008, 01:47 PM
I shot in the Nursing School at UT when I was a student quite a few years ago. You would probably have to find someone that is a student to be on your crew, but you might be able to get access without much trouble.

Also, if you shoot soon, you might have a better chance since school is out right now.

laters,
Ando

Dustin R. Rogan
08-13-2008, 02:05 PM
I shot in one but in Waco

Rogan

Drew Ott
08-13-2008, 02:08 PM
I shot in the Nursing School at UT when I was a student quite a few years ago. You would probably have to find someone that is a student to be on your crew, but you might be able to get access without much trouble.

Also, if you shoot soon, you might have a better chance since school is out right now.

laters,
Ando

Do you think high school student gets more sympathy than college film school student? I've been using "I'm a student" for a while.

Dick Campbell
08-15-2008, 11:40 AM
Contact media relations at local hospitals. Hillcrest here in Waco is giving me a mockup room for a day on a weekend. I did have a friend who works there who provided the intro.

Mike Manning
08-15-2008, 12:49 PM
I'm building my hospital room set... well, it's more of an interrogation room... but like... it in a hospital... Is your set too complex/expensive to be able to construct it? Something to look into....

AmyO
08-15-2008, 03:34 PM
I'm not in Austin, but I just got a lead on a hospital location from the Oregon Film and Video Office. Try contacting the Film Office in Austin. They may have contacts at hospitals around you that have worked with film productions before. Can't hurt to call them.

Good luck!