PDA

View Full Version : Want to add small mini dv to my gear

Green Dog
08-07-2008, 02:38 PM
Hey guys,

Looking for some suggestions... I currently shoot with a DVX100A and want to add a smaller cam to my gear bag for situations when the DVX is just a bit too big. I'm shooting adventure films, fly fishing, motorcycling, etc and documentaries and would really like to add a smaller camera that can match up good with the DVX footage. I'll use the smaller camera on a Glidecam occasionally but most of the time it'll be for getting in tight places. I'd really like to find a camera that has some manual controls ie: exposure, focus, zoom, etc. Would prefer 3 ccd, decent low light performance and the ability to connect a shotgun mic and headphones if possible.. Looking for some suggestions, haven't really been keeping up with the new small cameras on the market so I'm lost.. Need to sit down and do some research. Would any of these work ? Panasonic AG-DVC30, Panasonic GS400, Canon HV-30, Sony HDR-HC9, Panasonic PV-GS320 ? Anyone have something they really like ? I'd like to spend a grand or less for new or used, yeah I know, there's not much available for that kinda money. Any ideas ?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Steve

yommytacoe
08-07-2008, 06:06 PM
GS-500 or HV20/30 are both good options.

Green Dog
08-08-2008, 07:43 PM
GS-500 or HV20/30 are both good options.

Thanks for the suggestions... I'll check those out in more detail..

Anyone else have a favorite ??

Steve