PDA

View Full Version : Ultra new question on C4D

Blade Borge
07-28-2008, 08:47 PM
I can't seem to change my perspective, like I hold the left mouse button down and try to move around the text or object and nothing.

Also, are there any good beginners tutorial websites on c4d, I've looked through google alot but to no avail.

djembeplay
07-28-2008, 11:15 PM
Hey,

I don't know about free tutorials, but the Lynda.com videos definitly worked a charm at helping me become familiar with the program.

To change your perspective, hold down the directional button on the top right of the viewport (i.e., the window that you see your objects and scene in). There are four buttons, just click each and see what happens. The arrow ones are zoom in/out and pan around... again, those you need to hold down with your left mouse button while moving the mouse.

Good luck... I can recommend the Lynda.com tutorials... I find it much more intuitive to watch someone doing the thing they are talking about as opposed to reading and interpreting text.

Gord.T
07-29-2008, 05:33 AM
C4DCafe has some great tutorials. If your not a member there I'd recommend joining.

http://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/index.php?autocom=downloads&showcat=1

Maxons site has some good ones...

http://www.maxoncomputer.com/tutorial_search.asp

Blade Borge
07-29-2008, 09:53 AM
thanks so much for the input guys!

One more thing and this is after googling some more, but how do I animate a camera move?

Gord.T
07-29-2008, 10:58 AM

One more thing and this is after googling some more, but how do I animate a camera move?

In your timeline you'll see 3 red buttons. The leftmost one has a little keyshape on it. Move the timeslider to where you want to key a frame then move your camera where you want it then press that button to create a key.

You can animate any object that way.

The middle button is autokey.

benandaim
09-02-2008, 05:29 AM

When I need to animate a camera in C4D I draw a spline (your cam's path) Add a camera, then use an "align to spline" tag on the camera. Drop your spline into the "align to spline" field on the camera, keyframe the value and your good to go :)