PDA

View Full Version : Tall order? Looking for collaborators in LA...

joeloud
07-26-2008, 05:41 AM
Ok, I know there is no shortage of talent here, but I'm sure a lot of it will want money, which I have none to give. I'll have a go at whatever comes out of this thread, and if nothing materializes, there will be another fest next quarter, right?

I'm relatively new to LA (and pretty much a newbie to these boards), but not new to filmmaking, so you needn't worry about this being an unprofessional YouTube video or something. My biggest problem is simply that the number of people I really know here can be counted on both hands and a foot, as I've only been here 3 weeks, so at worst this would end up just being a networking exercise for everyone involved.

Here's what I definitely have:
Director/producer (myself)
A story (see "WANTS" below)
HVX200 with one 16gb P2 card
FCP editing system with an editor (again, myself, HOWEVER, I'd be open to letting someone else cut it if I saw a demo reel I liked)
1st AD

Here's what I don't have and NEED:
A DP (I just don't know any DPs here - Across the country, sure, but not in LA yet)
Lighting equipment
Sound equipment
Someone, anyone, who is familiar enough with the area to help scout locations
(And I'm sure I'm forgetting something...)

Here's what I don't have and WANT (but don't necessarily need):
Another HVX200 with at least one P2 card, to speed up production
A 35mm adaptor with some lenses would be awesome (but getting two cameras is more important than one camera with the adapter. Now two cameras with two adapters and a matching set of lenses would be double-awesome)
I'm going to have a go at the script, but if you're into the writing thing, I'd love to have you polish it (or even write the whole thing based on my story if you'd like to).
A proper producer would be swell, too.

If you can help in any capacity, and don't mind not getting anything but a credit and a meal or two, don't hesitate to send me a PM or e-mail.

Thanks in advance ::crosses fingers:: :thumbup:

Tom Shortridge
07-26-2008, 06:18 AM
Hey - if you have a story and are looking for a writer, I'd be glad to take a shot at it for you. PM me.

Tom Marshall
07-26-2008, 10:18 AM
Here's what I don't have and NEED:
A DP (I just don't know any DPs here - Across the country, sure, but not in LA yet)
Lighting equipment
Sound equipment
Someone, anyone, who is familiar enough with the area to help scout locations
(And I'm sure I'm forgetting something...)

Actors? :)

Kyle Stebbins
07-26-2008, 10:21 AM
Tom your post was BRILLIANT.

"Actors?" and then just beneath it your signature says... "Actor"

HAHAAHA!! You the man.

joeloud
07-26-2008, 05:32 PM
Actors? :)

You're absolutely right. It was a bit late when I wrote all that out.

Tabula Rasa Productions
07-26-2008, 06:01 PM
I'm down to collaborate if you ever need a helping hand. I'm kind of a jack of all trades, but I have a small crew that would be willing to help on bigger projects. We are also building our network and collecting gear and gaining experience, so shoot me a PM with questions etc. if you're interested.

Tom Marshall
07-26-2008, 06:52 PM
You're absolutely right. It was a bit late when I wrote all that out.

That's cool. What part of LA are you in?

joeloud
07-27-2008, 01:37 AM
That's cool. What part of LA are you in?
The Valley. North Hollywood, to be specific.

Tom Marshall
07-27-2008, 02:48 PM
Same neighborhood as me. :) I'm on Tujunga just north of Riverside.

joeloud
07-27-2008, 03:04 PM
Ah, not far at all. I'm on Burbank, just west of 170. Maybe we should grab a beer sometime. Easier to direct friends than strangers. :)

Tom Marshall
07-27-2008, 03:15 PM
Sounds good to me. :) Maybe Friday?

joeloud
07-28-2008, 11:05 AM
Let me know when and where

Tom Marshall
07-28-2008, 10:29 PM
I sent you a PM.

joeloud
07-29-2008, 06:34 PM
Everyone ok after the quake I hope?