PDA

View Full Version : "FROM THE DIRT" Action Sports Teaser // Check it out!

da//media
07-23-2008, 10:35 AM
Hey Everyone,

check out the new Dirt LIfestyle DVD Teaser shot on the EX1!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-QUOnZqq5is

Thanks

Matt
DA//MEDIA

thefilmaddict
07-23-2008, 06:56 PM
Nice work.

Awesome images.

High shutter slow motion is perfect for these types of videos. Is the 720 24p?

The editing is very cool. Good choice of music. Love the jump cuts. Hip fonts.

Great work all around.

If we could only watch it in HD!

How has your experience been with the EX1? Do you color correct in post or do you do it in camera or both (camera settings)? How long is the final video? How long did it take to shoot?

dandobi.com
07-23-2008, 06:58 PM
post on vimeo !! i can't watch this youtube jargon ! : /

da//media
07-24-2008, 09:52 AM
Hey Bud!
glad you are pumped on the teaser! the high shutter is the way to go with this stuff, I shoot is at 24fps overcranked at 60fps with usually f1.9-4 and no ND filters.

I will work on gettin it in HD on Vimeo, it is insane looking in HD lol.

The EX1 has been a great camera no doubt, and I am def putting it through the physical abuse that it was never meant for lol . I have noticed that the construction of the body and the handels and stuff are slightly weak. and I have def noticed the rollin shutter issue, but I have learned to think ahead of the camera and set my shots up differently.

I have a set color setting for the camera set up right now, for high sat and intense colors, I do very little post color correction, if anything a little saturation is added, and slight vignetteing

the DVD is going to be 40-45min long, We are still shooting til the end of August and then its into the editing room til october!

Matt
DA//