PDA

View Full Version : Another 'great' music video (ex1 & green screen)

little-turpe
07-19-2008, 01:23 AM
at last i finished my second music video - it's completely different from the first one.
you can see it here: http://www.vimeo.com/1367862
hope you'd enjoy it - waiting for all the comments,

thanks,
dominik

thefilmaddict
07-19-2008, 04:44 PM
I liked the video so much that I bought the album! Nice work. It must really look cool on a big HD screen.

If you want me to be picky...

It's slowly paced. I think it needs more angles. I don't mind when the shot stays the same for a long time when something is happening in the background (I loved the shot where the plane is coming at us and in the background are several other characters (people in the sky). Could these people be scatterd throughout the video? Could they get closer to us at times? When the choir sound comes in, you have that cool balloon floating around. Could it get closer to the camera so that we can see some more detail?

Just some ideas. I enjoyed it. Tell us about the process (what was green screen and what other elements were combined - stills? What program did you use to composite everything?

little-turpe
07-20-2008, 05:09 AM
thanks for your post. i'm trying to make the balloon bigger at the moment ;)
wasn't happy with that anyway.

that's the only photo i've got. http://photos64.nasza-klasa.pl/dev107/0/313/921/0313921197.jpg

but i'll try to get some stills from the footage before keying, to get the idea how it looked when we were shooting.

actually the only element that i didn;t shoot on green screen (apart from the sky obviously) was the top of the balloon... as after weeks of searching we couldn't find any toy that we could use.
so, to achieve whole 'working' balloon i used that still of balloon, kids as the second layer and small loundry basket as the third layer.
everything put together in one project and then i imported that project to main one to make all the motion /resize etc.
and actually that had to be done with every single element... all the parachutes, and all the planes. so i believe that in the final project i've got at least 10 other projects... and then final project is exported to another one for the CC with magic bullet ;)
so, even if i'd like to put more parachutes that would probably kill my computer.

oh, and everything was done in sony vegas pro 8.0b with MB plugin for the color correction - it's my preset but i think it was based on golden crunch.
to render final file (the song least ~3m) it took more that 3 hours! (with core2duo and 2GB ram). i definitelly need more powerfull machine :)

Film it
07-20-2008, 05:47 AM
nice work, could you tell me what kind of tripod your using?

little-turpe
07-20-2008, 06:16 AM
thanks,
it's manfrotto 503 head and 525 legs.

and here's few more photos:

http://little-turpe.art.pl/%21old/1.jpg

http://little-turpe.art.pl/%21old/2.jpg

thefilmaddict
07-20-2008, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the info.

The stills really show what the shoot was like (thanks). I did not realize that you used toys and other real objects (I thought that you were using 3D elements or stills). That's very cool. I bet the video would be even better in full size HD. It would let me see all of your hard work and little details.

I am amazed that the key was so clean. Your subjects are right up against the green screen. Did green light reflected on the subject cause you any issues? What settings do you use on the EX1 for green screen work. Maybe you said this, but what program did the key and DVE moves?

This makes me want to buy a green screen!

little-turpe
07-21-2008, 05:32 PM
yeah, that was pretty tough, cause the room we were using was so small that to get whole person in frame they had to stand like 10cm in front of green screen.
but the worst thing was with the planes - there was so many tiny bits of them that didn;t make any difference how did u put the lights - there's always some shadows, and they wouldn't key out properly.

all the post was done in sony vegas pro 8.0b - the movement of all the elements was done in that as well - using pan/crop and track motion options (the parachutes was particuly pain in the a... - and i'm still not happy with that, but it's the best i could do in there)

adn by the way, i've just uploaded 'new' version - with few tine changes - especially bigger balloon and passing by planes.