PDA

View Full Version : Posters!

Kyle Stebbins
07-15-2008, 08:31 PM
Hey guys,

I'd be happy to work on some posters for y'all (time willing). I know I churned out a few of em for TimeFest but my workpile got filled up quickly.

First come first serve. You know the rules. =) And since they are free I cannot guarantee that I will completely finish the list below. (Though I will do my best)

I'll try and post some samples another time.
You can see some of my design work at www.kylestebbins.com (http://www.kylestebbins.com)

Kyle

-----

"Who's In" List (For posters)

krestofre - Free Fall (http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=141145) - FINISHED
Dustin Rogan - Memory Driven - dropped out
Billy Pilgrim (Matt Kieley) - Doubles - in progress
King Cole - Stopgap - awaiting

Michael Anthony Horrigan
07-16-2008, 05:32 AM
I would love one!

krestofre
07-16-2008, 06:21 AM
Also interested. Sending a PM.

Dustin R. Rogan
07-16-2008, 06:58 AM
hopefully I am high up on your growing list of posters since i talked ot you on the phone...sending stuff pm or email if I can find it

Rogan

Kyle Stebbins
07-16-2008, 11:08 PM
don't worry, dustin. yours will get special attention ;)

kyle

pauly_the_hitman
07-22-2008, 12:00 AM
I would love one man.. Just gotta nail down the final name of the script. Working title is
.............................................yeah i got nothing, but I will and when I do I will need a kick ass poster so let me know if you have the time.
And thanks.
-Pauly

Dustin R. Rogan
07-22-2008, 05:13 AM
don't worry, dustin. yours will get special attention ;)

kyle
checkin in on progress

Rogan

Billy Pilgrim
07-22-2008, 06:17 AM
I'd like a poster too. I don't have photoshop, or the skills to use it. Thanks.

P.S. Whatever happened to the Art of Suicide poster?

Kyle Stebbins
07-22-2008, 07:07 AM
hey billy, i got other gigs that kind of buried the film's poster design. as most people here understand, this is a place for sharing talents and skills... unfortunately they are the same talents and skills that put food on our tables. -- while this isn't the only thing i do, it is a source of income for myself. anyway, during my down time i love creating posters for dvxusers. -- The Art of Suicide will have to wait until a few things settle down =) i really loved your style of filmmaking though. REALLY loved it.

Dustin - i'm about finishing with chris' poster, after which I shall begin work on yours. (I DID get your email, btw). Pauly, come on back when you get a title and storyline... pictures, cast, anything more than you have. I'd hate to throw you on the list and get stuck making everyone else wait. Sound good?

Dustin R. Rogan
07-22-2008, 07:10 AM
you rock Kyle!

Rogan

GageFX
07-22-2008, 07:37 AM
Here you go, Rogan. I haven't read your script, but I figure this has got to be pretty close:

http://logo.cafepress.com/5/3448297.3484055.jpg

Michael Anthony Horrigan
07-22-2008, 07:40 AM
Here you go, Rogan. I haven't read your script, but I figure this has got to be pretty close:

:grin:
That's awesome!

Dustin R. Rogan
07-22-2008, 08:15 AM
close...

thats awesome!

Rogan

prolly use it for my avatar

pauly_the_hitman
07-22-2008, 10:40 AM
hey billy, i got other gigs that kind of buried the film's poster design. as most people here understand, this is a place for sharing talents and skills... unfortunately they are the same talents and skills that put food on our tables. -- while this isn't the only thing i do, it is a source of income for myself. anyway, during my down time i love creating posters for dvxusers. -- The Art of Suicide will have to wait until a few things settle down =) i really loved your style of filmmaking though. REALLY loved it.

Dustin - i'm about finishing with chris' poster, after which I shall begin work on yours. (I DID get your email, btw). Pauly, come on back when you get a title and storyline... pictures, cast, anything more than you have. I'd hate to throw you on the list and get stuck making everyone else wait. Sound good?

I got it busted out so here it is title is "The Accidental Hitman". I will have more info by the end of the week and will be getting some stills of the main character and posting up as much info as possible. I will PM you when I get stuff more organized. I am gonna try and make a small temp one for the thread I am gonna go set up know. I totally understand where you are coming from you rock just offering this to us.
Thanks,
Pauly

pauly_the_hitman
07-22-2008, 10:42 AM

Now that would make a kick ass t-shirt...

GageFX
07-22-2008, 10:52 AM
Now that would make a kick ass t-shirt...

Someone was way ahead of you.

http://www.cafepress.com/strk3/3484055

Billy Pilgrim
07-22-2008, 03:16 PM

Oh, dude, I understand. I was just curious. I completely forgot about it myself until this thread popped up.

ConspiracyPenguin
07-22-2008, 05:08 PM
I can vouche for Kyle being a kick ass posted designer. He made one for my failed entry for TimeFest and it got rave reviews. If I knew whether or not I was going to make a film for this fest and any info about it I would totally be on that list. But I fear that if I do decide to throw my name in the fray it will be too late to get one of these brilliant pieces of art.

Kyle Stebbins
07-23-2008, 05:52 PM
I can vouche for Kyle being a kick ass posted designer. He made one for my failed entry for TimeFest and it got rave reviews. If I knew whether or not I was going to make a film for this fest and any info about it I would totally be on that list. But I fear that if I do decide to throw my name in the fray it will be too late to get one of these brilliant pieces of art.

oh man, these words were appreciated beyond belief. thanks, man.

it really is my pleasure making these, and the best ones will be going in my portfolio so everyone wins. =) plus, its dvxuser. this place is a giving community. i know y'all would buy me a drink in a heartbeat if we were out on the town (which we all will be sometime). that's why i do it.

kyle

ConspiracyPenguin
07-23-2008, 06:13 PM
oh man, these words were appreciated beyond belief. thanks, man.

it really is my pleasure making these, and the best ones will be going in my portfolio so everyone wins. =) plus, its dvxuser. this place is a giving community. i know y'all would buy me a drink in a heartbeat if we were out on the town (which we all will be sometime). that's why i do it.

kyle

Of course! Everything I said was true. It will be great to meet you in person some day!

Judgement
07-24-2008, 03:49 AM
I would like a poster too please!

pauly_the_hitman
07-26-2008, 07:05 PM
Kyle let me know if you have any suggestions on my poster I just went ahead and tried to make one.
Thanks,
Pauly

Kyle Stebbins
07-27-2008, 02:03 AM
Yo, Pauly! If you're serious about wanting some notes on the poster I'd be happy to throw you a PM detailing my thoughts. I think you did well!

Kyle Stebbins
07-28-2008, 06:47 PM
To all my poster hopefuls -- I apologize for being so slow. Entering this fest has definitely bogged me down.

I haven't forgotten you! Designing these posters is my #1 FAVORITE THING TO DO on this site.

Dustin... you're up next. Email me.

pauly_the_hitman
07-28-2008, 11:06 PM
Did you get my email I tried to send it to the gmail and it kept kicking it back so I sent it to your hotmail account. Hope you got it man.
Pauly

Kyle Stebbins
07-28-2008, 11:55 PM
Did you get my email I tried to send it to the gmail and it kept kicking it back so I sent it to your hotmail account. Hope you got it man.
Pauly

I didn't get it =(

I blame myself for not getting back to you right away!

my email is stebbinsdigital@gmail.com

if that doesnt work try thekyleman71@gmail.com

worst comes to worst i will PM you my ftp login and you can upload it there.

Dustin R. Rogan
07-29-2008, 02:26 AM
Emailed ya Stebs my man!

Rogan

ConspiracyPenguin
07-29-2008, 08:45 AM
Dustin, that information was DEFINITELY not provided for you. I hope you are ashamed that you took that without permission.

:) Yup, I'm up already and crazy as ever! Whooo! I don't know why but I feel like having a party...how does everyone feel about flying out to Coarsegold? You can fly into Fresno International (probably after going through Vegas first) and I will pick you all up at the airport and cart you to my house. Listen to me, I've gone mad! This is what happens when I don't get much sleep, I suppose! :D

Dustin R. Rogan
07-29-2008, 08:47 AM
I think i'm going to smack me a Penguin

Rogan

pauly_the_hitman
07-29-2008, 09:30 AM
I didn't get it =(

I blame myself for not getting back to you right away!

my email is stebbinsdigital@gmail.com

if that doesnt work try thekyleman71@gmail.com

worst comes to worst i will PM you my ftp login and you can upload it there.

I guess the file is too big I compressed it down to 29mbs but still kicks it back. Let me know where to send it and i will shoot it out ASAP.
Pauly

Kyle Stebbins
07-29-2008, 04:02 PM
I guess the file is too big I compressed it down to 29mbs but still kicks it back. Let me know where to send it and i will shoot it out ASAP.
Pauly

alright pauly. are you familiar with FTP?

Kyle Stebbins
07-29-2008, 04:02 PM

Rogan

Likewise. :beer: I kid.

Mattykins
07-29-2008, 04:15 PM
Kyle, you can pop me on the queue. I might get around to one myself though.

pauly_the_hitman
07-29-2008, 04:21 PM
alright pauly. are you familiar with FTP?

I have Fetch so let me know in a PM and I will send it to you...:thumbup:
Thanks,
Pauly

ConspiracyPenguin
07-29-2008, 05:09 PM

Rogan

Quite frankly I'm offended by that!

And Kyle, your aggreance with him hurts.

:grin:

pauly_the_hitman
07-30-2008, 09:57 PM
Kyle,
Whats up man did you get an email or what? Let me know so we can either AIM, or FTP the file.
Pauly

Neal Buconjic
08-06-2008, 07:19 PM
PM'd and emailed you, Kyle.

King Cole
08-13-2008, 02:14 PM
Hey Kyle,
From the looks of this thread, you've got plenty of posters lined up. I'm probably proficient enough to create a poster I'm happy with and I have some excellent pictures to work with, but I'm blown away by your stuff and figured I might as well ask. I'll keep working on my version in case you run out of time (or are sick of making posters with TwilightFest plastered on them). If you do make it down your list to me (the title of the movie is "Stopgap"), let me know and it'd be great to have you design our poster.

JC

Kyle Stebbins
08-17-2008, 10:21 AM
Made updates.

pauly_the_hitman
08-17-2008, 11:24 AM
Kyle,
I am pretty happy with the one I have so no worries on getting mine done. Unless you have some really super cool idea that makes the current one pale in comparison.
Pauly