PDA

View Full Version : You Are About To Enter...The Script Zone

ConspiracyPenguin
07-13-2008, 10:35 PM
Well, it looks like my much needed break will not be as long as I had hoped. As usual, I will be offering to write scripts for this fest. It is my plan to, once the rules are announced, come up with a few ideas of my own and post them here. I will also take your idea and turn it into a script for you and even help you if you don't have all the details sorted out.

I have already received a number of PM's from members who might want me to write for them this time around so I have begun a "queue" of sorts so that I can keep track of who asked first in the event that I start taking on too much work and need to close down the show. Just let me know, either in this thread or by PM, if you are interested in me writing for you and I will add your name to the list. If you would like to see samples of my work before being put on the list, send me a PM and I will try to put together a ZIP for you to look at.

All I ask for if I write your script is a "Written By:" credit as well as a "Story By:" credit if it is my idea you use. The only other thing I ask is that you give me a little patience every once in a while (as I get busy with things too) and put your best effort forth into making a good representation of my screenplay. I always offer to do free* scripts during these fests because you are like a big family to me and I always want to give back in any way possible. (Oh, and it's just a 6 page short :D)

If you have an idea, great. If you want one of my ideas, that's wonderful too. The only snag is I am going to wait until the details are released before I start writing anything. This is to give me some sort of a break and to ensure I don't have to do any rewrites because we didn't know the rules and screwed up.

I look forward to working with you and I hope this turns out to be as great a fest as TimeFest was.

*Free scripts are available to all members except The Como.

ConspiracyPenguin
07-13-2008, 10:35 PM
Empty until I generate some ideas of my own. Please see next post. (Or post next post...Bueller?)

Ki-Ki
07-17-2008, 04:07 AM
If there's only one thing Ilike about your name Mr Penguin. It's the fact it has 'Piracy' in it. Talk to you on MSN later about TwilightFest yeh? Yeh? YEH?

ConspiracyPenguin
07-17-2008, 11:28 AM
If there's only one thing Ilike about your name Mr Penguin. It's the fact it has 'Piracy' in it. Talk to you on MSN later about TwilightFest yeh? Yeh? YEH?

Only you would notice that, ki-ki. I will await our discussion...

Anyone for scripts? I mean, I know a lot of you have contacted me via PM but I had expected some more replies in here.

Judgement
07-17-2008, 11:49 AM
I am currently working on another Twilight fest script and interested persons can contact myself for this special FREE SCRIPT .

Larry Rutledge
07-18-2008, 01:39 PM
So where are your pre-written scripts? You've had a whole week now you should have 10 scripts at least by now :grin:

ConspiracyPenguin
07-18-2008, 06:28 PM
So where are your pre-written scripts? You've had a whole week now you should have 10 scripts at least by now :grin:

Hahaha. I said I was going to wait for the rules to be announced before I put any thought into it. Now I am hard pressed to come up with ideas and work with the folks I have on the list. Arrrghhh! :kali:

:D

pauly_the_hitman
07-20-2008, 12:27 AM
Looking forward to this Penguin...

Simon Höfer
07-20-2008, 03:17 AM
Yeah, me too, but I get the feeling that you are kinda slow.... :D

bwahaahah j/k

ConspiracyPenguin
07-20-2008, 11:26 AM
Yeah, me too, but I get the feeling that you are kinda slow.... :D ...

Only where coming up with ideas is concerned. Don't get me wrong I can be very creative when I am in the mood, but I have been so busy talking to people about THEIR ideas I haven't had much time to sit down and think about MINE. Once you have a solid idea for me, you will have your script in a day (no, that is not a guarentee :grin:)

I swear the ideas are coming, I am actually in talks with a friend who is really good at coming up with ideas. I might post some of his in here as long as he gets a "Story By" credit.

Now stop bothering me so I can finish this script for Max. :D

Just kidding. Please bother me. I like talking to you guys. :)

Max R. Wilson
07-20-2008, 12:34 PM
Only where coming up with ideas is concerned. Don't get me wrong I can be very creative when I am in the mood, but I have been so busy talking to people about THEIR ideas I haven't had much time to sit down and think about MINE. Once you have a solid idea for me, you will have your script in a day (no, that is not a guarentee :grin:)

I swear the ideas are coming, I am actually in talks with a friend who is really good at coming up with ideas. I might post some of his in here as long as he gets a "Story By" credit.

Now stop bothering me so I can finish this script for Max. :D

Just kidding. Please bother me. I like talking to you guys. :)

Yes please let him write!!! :dankk2:

I was going to ask a mod to temporally ban you until my script is done. :Drogar-Mark-08(DBG)

jk

Simon Höfer
07-20-2008, 01:08 PM
Haha, busy penguin :D

Wait until I finish my script and hand it to you, so you can correct all the BS I wrote because english is not my native language (besides the BS I write because I don't know what I am doing) :zombie_smiley: :evil: (I just started btw :))

ConspiracyPenguin
07-20-2008, 02:06 PM
...I was going to ask a mod to temporally ban you until my script is done. :Drogar-Mark-08(DBG)...

You know, that might be good for me. Maybe I would actually go do something for once. :grin: On second though, never mind, because once I was allowed back I would be going through threads like crazy, eventually having a nervous breakdown and not being able to finish ANY scripts for this fest.

Haha, busy penguin :D

Wait until I finish my script and hand it to you, so you can correct all the BS I wrote because english is not my native language (besides the BS I write because I don't know what I am doing) :zombie_smiley: :evil: (I just started btw :))

Yeah, well...I aquired a reputation last fest for taking on a bunch of work. The thing is, most of them dropped off the map and I only ended up doing two that made it in. This time the people I am talking to seem serious for the most part so it looks like I will be quite busy. :-KnockedOut(D

Simon Höfer
07-20-2008, 02:10 PM
Which two were your scripts Nick?

ConspiracyPenguin
07-20-2008, 03:45 PM
Reprieve and VICIS. I have the original scripts still if you would like to see them as things were changed by editors, etc for time limits.

MattinSTL
07-21-2008, 09:15 AM
Nick... I've been thinking about the idea dump for the past few days... so be assured I'm not blowing this off... but I wonder if posting an onslaught of ideas may be counter-productive for everybody? I think a lot of people want to come up with their own idea... or worse (for me) is I wonder if I put out a dozen ideas if that doesn't shape some stories in ways that would never be noticed, and perhaps I'm casting pearls, as it were? Or maybe somebody might like an idea but decides that there's NO WAY they'd do it once the idea is public and won't be perceived as original?

Lately I've been thinking that I should put more emphasis on writing myself... maybe that is the ticket out that I've been ignoring? Obviously I don't feel THAT confident in the commercial marketability of myself just yet, but I'm pretty good at observing self-induced mind-trips where I don't even know where my imagination is headed. Is that worth anything?

Either way... rather then post the ideas in a thread where anybody can stop by to pick and choose some elements, completely anonymously... I think I'd way rather make this more personal through PM's... If somebody had done an entry for TimeFest and connected the story (or parts of it) back to some inspiration that I'd given them... even just one person... I'd be all about the idea bomb again... but I doubt anyone would ever admit it, unless they were already a friend/co-writer anyway. So... let's see what we can come up with and you can script it. PM style.

I've got a bunch of ideas stewing already.

ConspiracyPenguin
07-21-2008, 01:22 PM
:) Matt, sending you a PM now...

Larry Rutledge
07-21-2008, 01:47 PM
Matt is definitely an idea machine ... he had some great ideas for TimeFest, it's a shame we weren't able to bring any to fruition. Hopefully you'll get time to make one this time Matt.

ConspiracyPenguin
07-21-2008, 06:34 PM
I actually lied. I was GOING to PM him back then but then I had to go because my car was getting smogged and I would finally have the chance to open up that 403. It was worth it. I will PM you soon, Matt.

Actually, you may have gotten a blank PM. I may have accidentally sent one.

pauly_the_hitman
07-21-2008, 09:45 PM
Penguin,
Get to some writing and not on the threads but on more important things like a script for me. J/K man but really how do you got stuff done with all the posting?
Pauly

ConspiracyPenguin
07-21-2008, 11:19 PM
Penguin,
Get to some writing and not on the threads but on more important things like a script for me. J/K man but really how do you got stuff done with all the posting?
Pauly

I tried to build a time machine for the last fest but it didn't work, turns out it actually clones things. Now I have a bunch of Penguins running around and I tell them what to do while I sit here and post. [/bullshit]

--------------------

For a six minute short script for these fests I will sit down and say "Alright, let's do this one." and, providing I get in a good creative mood, I usually have it done in one sitting. What I will do is take a clean sweep of the forum and post it up, then hit a script and get it done and then come back. Something like that.

pauly_the_hitman
07-21-2008, 11:31 PM
You are a gifted Penguin man I set and try and write then end up here and then don't write anything useful except for the occasionally funny one liner here and there. I have to PM you a new idea I came up with that could help out with the Twilight fest. I will PM you on it right now. Pauly

Larry Rutledge
07-22-2008, 11:39 AM
Matt - I was going through old PMs and came across a couple ideas of yours that would be great for this fest. Of course, the watchmaker idea still works for this fest, but also the one about the guy who's watch is 1 minute off. And the one about the couple celebrating their 50th anniversary and looking through the photo album/scrapbook. Another was they guy who was breaking in and reading the diary.

You should hook one of those up ... they are all great TZ-type stories.

pauly_the_hitman
07-26-2008, 12:04 AM
How is the writing going man. Hope you aren't too stressed out over all this.
Pauly

pauly_the_hitman
08-01-2008, 09:32 PM
Hey man glad to hear it is almost done I am so freaking excited to read it. Let me know when its ready.
:dankk2:
Pauly

Simon Höfer
08-02-2008, 03:15 AM
How is it going man? :D

ConspiracyPenguin
08-02-2008, 10:32 AM
Fine, Simon. I just wrapped up my third script. I am going to do revisions on another and await to hear back about the other two. I had to throw away any chance of coming up with ideas, I just got swamped lately and I think I will have to cut it off at three or four. I am sorry I didn't take a look at your script, Simon, it is just so hard for me to keep track of things. I will get to it! :)

pauly_the_hitman
08-02-2008, 08:34 PM
I just emailed you back with my crappy ideas for an ending. Let me know if you can use any of them. Thanks again for getting it done. I am torn with how it should go.
Pauly
Penguin Freaking Rocks!!!