PDA

View Full Version : Martin the Tailor

eddavid
06-22-2008, 09:08 AM
Martin the Tailor

http://www.vimeo.com/1213401

Shot with the Sony EX1 and Letus Extreme 35mm adapter with Nikon lenses.
Directed by Galen Summer. ACs were Peter Mychalcewycz and Albert Oh. Special thanks to Caitlin Dourmashkin!

ESTEBEVERDE
06-23-2008, 12:56 AM
a+++++++

eddavid
06-23-2008, 04:42 AM
wow thanks a lot!

samphibbs
06-23-2008, 04:58 AM
Looks beautiful what I have seen so far, I am now downloading the higher quicktime source, gotta love Vimeo. Those colours are gorgeous, certainly giving the panny cine matrix a run for its money!

samphibbs
06-23-2008, 05:49 AM
Hey just watched the whole thing loved it, composition, blocking, lighting everything was awesome. Any info on lenses and lighting used?

eddavid
06-23-2008, 08:16 AM
thanks so much - I pretty much used no lights - the only shots that were lit were the interview and the shots of the pictures in his office. For the interview I used a Kino 4 ft 4 bank. Dolly shots were done with the Indie Dolly. Camera was the Sony EX1 with Letus Extreme Adapter with Nikon Manual Lenses. Used a zacuto rod system with a 7in marshall monitor. The majority of the shots were shot on my baby legs to bring out the interesting fluorescent light fixtures. Camera is so good in low light.

doofalot
06-23-2008, 10:07 AM
nice work

thefilmaddict
06-24-2008, 05:46 PM
Great job!

It looks good and the story is well told.

I love Martin.

He seems genuine. A hard worker, wise and happy.

So how did you find this guy? What are you doing with this short (who's the audience)?

gsummer
06-28-2008, 04:03 PM
Hey guys,

I am the director/editor of this project and have been a frequenter of this site for a while (since the days when it was only about the DVX!). We produced this short for an awards ceremony where Martin was winning a lifetime achievement award. We are now planning to send it out to some festivals, since the response has been very positive, as well as potentially find distribution for it as a 3min piece. Glad to hear the nice comments.

-galen

jorj
07-24-2008, 12:05 AM
Galen and Ed,

You guys did a great job on this; the shooting, editing, lighting, the flow of his work backed up with the music, the speaking by Martin, it all comes together wonderfully well. You captured Martin, his values and a bit of his life, in a gentle and easy to roll with short.

He deserves the LT Achievement Award and kudos to you both for your work.

ExtremeSleuth
08-06-2008, 09:05 AM
great job! i loved the way it was shot. it looks beautiful. composition, everything was great. good job again!

James Dierx
11-04-2008, 10:52 AM
Looks amazing! Great job. Let us know if it gets into any festivals!

combatentropy
11-08-2008, 01:02 PM
astonishing in its quality: composition, lighting, editing, and Martin's story, too. Bring some more, please.