PDA

View Full Version : Letus35 vs. Brevis35

crutan
06-01-2008, 08:00 PM
I am looking at either the Letus35 Extreme or Brevis35 for my Sony Z1U. Considering picture quality, set-up time and overall operation, which should I go with. I currently do not have 35mm Prime Lenses and will getting the via ebay. Thanks.

Chip
Rutan Interactive

The Sarlacc
06-01-2008, 09:34 PM
Both have pros and cons.

I have been using a friends Brevis and its very easy and quick to set up.

The plus is the VERY personal customer service you get from Brevis...they are quick to respond to emails and help as much as they can.

Huy Vu
06-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Oh boy, this is a sensitive topic. Just go into the 35mm adapter section and read up on it, all the pros and cons have been discussed ad nauseum. I have an Extreme btw and love it. Customer service from Letus has been top notch.

PhantomVideo
06-03-2008, 04:43 AM
yeah i got to say letus's custom service was useless. In addition they couldn't ship us a for 2 months so went with a brevis, nice tidy unit :) but i must admit i havent used a letus

Huy Vu
06-03-2008, 08:13 AM
yeah i got to say letus's custom service was useless.

That hasn't been my experience. I contacted them twice since I got my Letus, the first to ask about my order status and the second to get a replacement QR plate for my Letus rod that I lost. Both times I got Hien on the phone within a few rings, and both time he resolved my issues immediately; real friendly guy too.

Letus takes a while to deliver because their production hasn't quite ramped up yet, but they always deliver on time and sometimes even ahead of schedule (my Letus rod system was supposed to take 4 weeks, I got it in 2). As a company they're not quite as established as Cinevate or RR, but they work very hard to offer good customer support on their products.

DC
06-03-2008, 12:31 PM
I have a Brevis and love it. Great support over there. On the other hand, recently I have met Hien and some members of his Letus team. Very nice people and seemed very dedicated to their customers.

marco0782
06-03-2008, 08:48 PM
Brevis (without flip unit): Lighter, can be used without rails for run and gun shooting. With CF1 it has more depth of field than the Letus, making focus pulls at wide apertures easier.

Letus: Depth of field is almost as shallow as SGpro and M2 but with less light loss.

Both have excellent build quality and customer service. Both lose very little light. Also both can not be stopped down past f/5.6, though on the Brevis f/5.6 looks a lot more like f/8-f/11 on the Letus in terms of depth of field.

Marco

Juergenheinemann
06-29-2008, 11:49 PM
Get a Brevis. But make sure to either invest in a good monitor. Or get the flip package. I own a brevis and the image is to say the least Jaw dropping. It is worth every penny. Just a side not about these adapters... They have 72mm fronts (at least my brevis does). So be very carefull with the step down ring. If you over tighten it; which I did... It can be a real pain to try and get off. Also with the Brevis spend the extra and buy the rods and lens support. it's well worth it.

Jon Neely
06-30-2008, 12:40 AM
lots not forget the trusty SgPro....

Jon