PDA

View Full Version : Winners

Isaac_Brody
05-20-2008, 10:08 PM
WINNERS!!!

1st Place = "Cold Calls" by Xrayspecs

2nd Place = "Birth of a Nazi" by Louise Greene

3rd Place = "Breakfast at Epiphany's" by Alex Whitmer

Congratulations to the winners and thanks for making this first scriptfest a great success. It was a great experience reading and discovering the writers here and I've got a bunch of ideas to make the next time even better. :beer:

As for prizes, 1st place as mentioned is to have the script produced by the modsquad. If Xrayspecs wants to produce the piece himself he has the choice to hold onto his work.

Unfortunately, we don't have other prizes for 2nd and 3rd, except glory and respect. I think the best prize is actually writing something, getting good feedback from peers, and taking what you've learned and improving a little bit for the next film.

For the past few years writing has been one of those weaknesses that has dogged some of the dvxfest films. It's the backbone and foundation for our storytelling and if we all improve as writers our films will be that much better.

Again, thanks for making this fest a great experience.:beer:

SonicStates
05-20-2008, 10:13 PM
Congrats all!
Can't wait to see what the Modsquad will do!
Cheers

Moojangles
05-20-2008, 11:00 PM
Congrats to all the entrants! I didn't even realise voting had begun and WHAM, winners.

I just read cold calls seeing that it won, haha i loved it, great script. I'll go through and read some more this contest is definitely a great idea. I hope it continues :)

Good job everyone.

seansshack
05-20-2008, 11:02 PM
Well done to all the winners!

To the rest of us...maybe next time.

Keep writing.

Captain Pierce
05-21-2008, 04:15 AM
Congrats to all! :)

Simon Höfer
05-21-2008, 04:27 AM
Congrats! Also looking forward to what the mod squad comes up with :)

Detached
05-21-2008, 05:08 AM
That's cool! I loved Cold Calls.

Will be here for the next scriptfest, this was fun and educational.

Best,

Michael Anthony Horrigan
05-21-2008, 05:21 AM
Cold Calls was in my top 3.
Very funny script. :thumbup:

Good job to all involved.

Cheers,

Mike

Ted Arabian
05-21-2008, 05:23 AM
Congrats to you all!

Russell Moore
05-21-2008, 05:52 AM
Congratulations Xrayspecs, Louise and Alex!! :beer:
I really enjoyed all of your scripts. Would love to see Cold Calls produced.

I learned as much about screenwriting in this fest as I have from all the books that I've read. A lot of good scripts and great critiques.
There should be a thread dedicated to script critique.

My only question now is, when's the next Scriptfest going to be?:D

alex whitmer
05-21-2008, 05:57 AM
Congradulations to Xray and Louise. Very deserving recognition from your peers.

There were some truly great stories told here, and this was certianly a good experience. Who can't love the creative energy of film?

Thank you DVX for the opportunity to write and read.

Alex

www.alexwhitmer.wordpress.com (http://www.alexwhitmer.wordpress.com)

www.guerro.wordpress.com (http://www.guerro.wordpress.com)

Larry Rutledge
05-21-2008, 06:05 AM
Congratulations to the winners! Definitely well deserved :thumbsup:

Great job to all who entered. I had a wonderful time reading through each of the scripts and seeing all the different ideas that came out of one word, Pursuit.

There were some great scripts in here many of which could be polished and produced. Hang on to them, re-read the feedback, and polish those scripts ... you never know when one of the DVX Fests will come along which that script fits :)

Great job everyone! I'm looking forward to the next installment.

Edgen
05-21-2008, 06:35 AM
Congrats to the winners. I enjoyed the fest and looking forward to the next scriptfest.

Cheers and beers!
/j

pest22o
05-21-2008, 06:57 AM
congrats!

mjjason
05-21-2008, 07:05 AM
Congratulations to the winners and to all who entered. I really enjoyed this fest and hope there are more in the future.

karapetkov
05-21-2008, 07:24 AM
Congrats to the winners!

I'm looking forward for the next ScriptFest, when I hope to be able to participate more actively.

Keep writing...

ZazaCast
05-21-2008, 07:29 AM
Congrats to all...and to all congrats!

krestofre
05-21-2008, 07:33 AM
Congratulations to the winners.

I must say that this fest has been one of the best fest experiences I've ever had. In some ways it was closer to a workshop than a festival. All of the feedback was thought out and constructive. My script will become a better script because of it, and I will become a better writer because of it.

Isaac and Larry, thanks for putting Scriptfest into action and all of the work that you guys had to do to make it happen.

I can't wait to see what the Mod Squad does with Cold Calls and I can't wait for the next Scriptfest.

Jeff_L
05-21-2008, 07:42 AM
Ditto on the congrats! And thanks to the organizers for making it happen, and to everyone who shared scripts and critique. Definitely a great experience.

- Jeff

Jeff Anderson
05-21-2008, 07:43 AM
Congrats and thank you to all. I'm not much of a writer and didnt participate, but reading the scripts and the feedback was a great learning tool for me. A big thanks to all of those that took the time to leave such detailed feedback. Writing is hard... Nice work everyone!

smashedburrito
05-21-2008, 08:14 AM
Congrats guys. Well deserved!

mentatDUKE
05-21-2008, 08:56 AM
Congrats to the winners and all the other writers that participated. This was one of the best fests we've had.

Looking forward to the next one! :)

Xrayspecs
05-21-2008, 09:59 AM
Um, I won? There were so many good scripts, I wasn't expecting it. (Hoping? Yes. Expecting? Definitely not.)

Thanks to everyone who critiqued mine. I had a great time participating and reading some very impressive scripts. I'm just sorry I didn't have time to critique more of them.

And congratulations to Louise and Alex!

STYLZ
05-21-2008, 12:22 PM
Yes congrats, writing is hard like someone already said, so everyone who entered accomplished something, so congrats to everyone. And there are scripts I read that are begging to be made. So hop to it guys and gals.

Mark Harris
05-21-2008, 12:56 PM
Congrats everyone. Was a fun fest. Can't wait for the next one.

GGF NYC
05-21-2008, 03:09 PM
This was a great fest for experienced writers and beginners. I cant wait for the next.

Congrats to everyone who one and thanks DVX.com!

Larry Rutledge
05-21-2008, 04:19 PM
Um, I won? Nope it's a cruel joke we play every fest ... actually I won! :evil: :grin:

Yep, you won! Revel in the glory!!! It's well deserved :thumbsup:

I'm just sorry I didn't have time to critique more of them. Just because voting has ended doesn't mean comments can't continue to be made. If you have comments that might be helpful to someone, by all means post them ... that is the true prize of these contests, all the direct constructive feedback.

rgill50
05-21-2008, 04:36 PM
Congrats to everyone and the winners especially. A lot of talent in this fest.

I was wondering, MOD SQUAD, any honorable mentions? As I said, I think think there was A LOT of talent in this fest and a lot that deserve credit of a pat on the back. And so people don't get discouraged from writing more great stuff.

Any others that stuck out to you guys as you were reading? Thanks

Isaac_Brody
05-21-2008, 04:41 PM
TOP TEN LIST:

1: Cold Calls
2: Birth of a Nazi
3: Breakfast at Epiphany's
4: Dead Men
5: Beached
6: Thalia
7: TP
8: MEMCALL
9: Hell Followed With Him
10: Strangers

STYLZ
05-21-2008, 04:48 PM
One of my favorites was "Bang" suprised it isn't in top ten.

rgill50
05-21-2008, 04:54 PM
Very nice. Thanks, I think it'll make a difference when people can see that their script was appreciated like that.

Even though, I didn't even make the top 10 : ( haha just kidding.

But seriously, thanks for the opportunity to get feedback and have some fun. Looking forward to seeing "Cold Calls" I think it has the potential to become a great little short, like the SNL digital shorts. haha

LouiseG
05-21-2008, 07:23 PM
Congrats Xrayspecs and Alex, and everyone else who was able to complete a script! I'm looking forward to seeing Cold Calls produced. It's a bit early, but is there a timetable for when the film will be made?
This was fun, and I'm hoping will be repeated pretty soon. Thanks everyone for the critiquing, it'll be useful for next time :)

seansshack
05-23-2008, 02:57 AM
Bugger not even in the top ten....

Ki-Ki
05-23-2008, 04:34 AM
Well done, nice first post piece.

seansshack
05-23-2008, 05:34 AM
Well done, nice first post piece.

????

alex whitmer
05-23-2008, 05:41 AM
????

I'm going to venture he meant that Louise is a new user as of May 08, and she had a winning 'first post'. That's my deduction! I'm usually wrong.

I'm surprised your script isn't in the top ten. Bugger for sure.

a

www.alexwhitmer.wordpress.com (http://www.alexwhitmer.wordpress.com)

www.guerro.wordpress.com (http://www.guerro.wordpress.com)

seansshack
05-23-2008, 05:59 AM
Seems to be my usual run of luck for the last few months (where my writing is concerned).

In need of a break or to turn a corner.

But alas that is the game I guess!!!

aegriffin
05-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Very nice! Congrats all!

And many thank to all for the cool and thoughtful cirtques on Bang. I took many of them into account and will be sure to post the flick here after it's been completed. [ Which will probably be next Summer at this rate.... ;)]

Peace!

holymexicobatman
05-23-2008, 03:19 PM
'Cold Calls' rocks my socks off...
Congratz!!!

ConspiracyPenguin
05-23-2008, 04:52 PM
Congrats everyone, I look forward to doing this again!

Mobie540
05-26-2008, 09:08 AM
Congrats to all!

AJ Brooks
05-28-2008, 03:55 PM
Cold calls. Good Stuff. Congrats!

Jack Daniel Stanley
09-22-2008, 03:04 AM
COLD CALLS
production thread up ... got a pretty cool cast ...
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=147771
woot!