PDA

View Full Version : Reading Period Extension And Voting Details

Isaac_Brody
05-12-2008, 12:25 PM
Since there's so many entries to still get to the reading period is going to May 16th.

If you've already read everything you can vote here:

http://www.dvxfest.com/scriptfest/vote.php

Voting is 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Don't vote for yourself, let others do that for you. :beer:

Michael Anthony Horrigan
05-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Don't vote for yourself, let others do that for you. :beer:Couldn't agree more. They should use this practice for the other DVXuser Festivals.

Thanks for the extension. I need it!

Mike

GGF NYC
05-12-2008, 12:37 PM
This is great because now I may be able to catch up on some scripts I haven't read yet. Thanks for the extension! Aw man of course I voted for my screenplay as number 1...I'm just kidding. I don't even like me.

Mark Harris
05-12-2008, 12:39 PM
Jeeze, thanks Isaac. I have been so swamped with timefest stuff, I trailed off on getting these read and commented on. Noice.

smashedburrito
05-12-2008, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the extension. When does voting end?

mjjason
05-12-2008, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the extension. I have read about 35 of them so with a few more days I should be done.

Isaac_Brody
05-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Voting ends next monday, the 19th. That should give people enough time to finish reading.

ConspiracyPenguin
05-12-2008, 05:35 PM
Excellent, I was worried I wouldn't be able to vote or give feedback! Now I may have enough time, although I have been swampled with writing and preparing for tomorrow's audition. Thanks!

Nektonic
05-12-2008, 06:13 PM
Voting is 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Don't vote for yourself, let others do that for you.

I voted for myself in all three places.

Kidding of course. Just wanted to keep you all on your toes.

Thanks for the extension Isaac. I needed it.

GGF NYC
05-12-2008, 09:12 PM
Damn I've been a member for a year or two but only have 72 post counts so it's not letting me vote because i don't have over 100 posts. Is there any way around this Issac? maybe lower it to 75 and i'm sure i'll post 3 more times, or something?

PremiumIC
05-13-2008, 08:56 PM
Crap... I have been creeping the forums for months but never posting. Now I've read almost every script and I can't vote cause I only have 7 posts.

I understand the need to have a post minimum to keep people from creating accounts and voting etc. But since I actually entered the fest is there a way that I can vote the ones I liked?

Barry_Green
05-13-2008, 09:20 PM
We usually allow DVXFest entrants to vote on the films regardless of their post counts. Send a PM to Larry_R asking if the same provision applies for ScriptFest.

btangonan
05-14-2008, 08:21 AM
We usually allow DVXFest entrants to vote on the films regardless of their post counts. Send a PM to Larry_R asking if the same provision applies for ScriptFest.

I logged in to vote last night and I wasn't eligible to vote because I didn't have a minimum of 100 posts. I submitted a script, read through a ton of scripts, and I can't vote because I didn't post enough?

Also, my co-writer on the script just joined dvxuser. There's no way he's gonna be able to write 100 posts by the end of the voting period.

Is this requirement going to be removed?

seansshack
05-14-2008, 08:31 AM
Same here. Haven't been here long and not active enough only 70 odd posts.

Should be easy to turn this off for the fest.

Isaac_Brody
05-14-2008, 11:01 AM
I'm PM'ing Larry R. We'll get this sorted out.

Larry Rutledge
05-14-2008, 12:18 PM
ok, for those here who have entered but were unable to vote due to post count, I've modified your account so you can vote. Please try again and let me know if you have any more problems.

Larry

ZazaCast
05-15-2008, 05:55 AM
Only 57 posts...so I can't vote.
I've read through all the scripts and I just want to say "Nice work" to everyone! Scriptwriting is no easy task and I read some really great stuff.

Sorry I can't vote as there were a few that stood out to me. Excellent effort on everyone's part.

Best of luck to all.
Cheers,
-Zaza

Justin Muschong
05-17-2008, 11:59 AM
ok, for those here who have entered but were unable to vote due to post count, I've modified your account so you can vote. Please try again and let me know if you have any more problems.

Larry

I have the same problem. Can you fix me up too?

Isaac_Brody
05-17-2008, 01:15 PM
PM Larry R and he'll hook you up.