PDA

View Full Version : The fest so far!!!!!

seansshack
05-05-2008, 11:41 AM
Have to say. I haven't had a lot of time to read many scripts this weekend (The ones I have read, are of high standards).

But browsing the comments and feedback for mine and other threads, this is one hell of a movie making community.

People are really taking the time to help and give constructive feedback, without taking potshots or dragging fellow writers down. Over the years I've tried many sites. Some good, some not so good. To be fair it's down to the people who populate the sites and you seem to a grand (Irish side of me) collection of people here.

Hats off to you all and looking forward to reading more of your babies (when my three babies give me time to sit down - hopefully sometime over the next few days, of the fourth baby doesn't arrive early).

aegriffin
05-05-2008, 11:51 AM
I totally gloam off of seanshack's compliments here. This is an AWESOME site!

krestofre
05-05-2008, 01:17 PM
Agreed. I'm still trying to read through the scripts at the moment, but I've enjoyed the fest as a reader and as a writer.

mjjason
05-05-2008, 01:33 PM
How many scripts are people getting through in a day? I have managed to read about 7 so far but with 50 overall I am not sure if I can get to all of them which would be a shame.

Detached
05-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Doing my best, it won't be easy reading all 50 as they are long!!! But I am going to try.

Edgen
05-05-2008, 03:07 PM
HAAA!!! Is it bad that I'm finding myself scrolling down to read the last two pages (after the first 2) ? :)

some cool entries so far. Some are a little "out there" in terms of budgets, but would be cool to see none-the-less

/j

Michael Anthony Horrigan
05-05-2008, 03:12 PM
HAAA!!! Is it bad that I'm finding myself scrolling down to read the last two pages (after the first 2) ? :)

some cool entries so far. Some are a little "out there" in terms of budgets, but would be cool to see none-the-less

/j
LOL! :)
I wrote mine with no expectations in winning so I let my imagination do the walking. Definitely not a low budget movie.

STYLZ
05-05-2008, 04:00 PM
How many scripts are people getting through in a day? I have managed to read about 7 so far but with 50 overall I am not sure if I can get to all of them which would be a shame.

I did about 7-8 yesterday with feedback. Made an effort to read/comment on scripts that didn't have any comments yet. Trying to get everyone involved. Kind of disappointing though when people don't read and comment back on your script.

Detached
05-05-2008, 04:51 PM
I promise to get to yours soon! I know I am not the best reviewer, but I will do my best!!! ;-) I can't wait to read it. Thanks for your comments as well.

Mobie540
05-05-2008, 05:07 PM
5 left to read! I have notes on most and commented on some.

ConspiracyPenguin
05-05-2008, 05:16 PM
I am embarrassed to say I haven't started yet, I have been so busy. But I will have them read so I can vote before the deadline. I must concur with the remarks above, and reiterate their meaning. This is a great community.

(QUOATABLE ALERT!) DVXuser is like a big family, complete with awkward uncle and questionable fruitcake. But at the end of the day, you still have a pat on the back and a room full of friends waiting for you.

GGF NYC
05-05-2008, 05:34 PM
I also like ConspiracyPenguin have had no time to myself yet. Tomorrow I am off so I plan on reading a few tonight after I finish helping my little cousin get a film project ready for her class. I have read 2 so far which I will def. comment on once i get more time tonight.

Russell Moore
05-06-2008, 06:16 AM
I love this site, the members and this fest! The quality of scripts I've read so far has been really good. I will definitely read and take notes on them all and give comments on as many as I possibly can.

I wrote my first screenplay about a year ago and then I was just sitting on my hands. I don't know if I was afraid to put myself out there again or what, but it was one excuse after another...I need to read more scripts, I need to read another screenwriting book, I need to re-write my first script.
Fortunately DVXuser and scriptfest got me off my keester and got me motivated to do something.

I've learned a lot from reading other's scripts and critiques, as well as the critique on my own. This fest has turned out to be fun and a great learning experience at the same time.