PDA

View Full Version : P2 MXF folder structure to download

QC76
04-03-2008, 07:52 AM
Hi

I am currently looking at the HPX500 to shoot a short film in HD.
Does somebody have a test sample in 1080p for me I can look at?
I would need the original MXF folder structure as it comes straight of the P2 card.
I have already seen some footage samples, but I also want to check if the work flow in FCP and AVID works as smooth as I hear.

Thank you very much

Markus

bobthevideoguy
05-30-2008, 07:53 PM
Now that adobe supports I'm considering buying a HPX500. I found some DVX footage but I would love to find a HPX500 mfx file.

Noel Evans
05-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Ill try and throw something up shortly.

Noel Evans
05-31-2008, 01:28 AM
Go to this folder.

http://www.scarlet-films.com/SNOWp2/

Copy the Contents folder and the last.txt file - thats how the p2 contents show up. Small clip.

cocoa_magazin
05-31-2008, 02:51 AM
By the way! The videos will work without the structure. You can also just simply the .MXF-files copied. But then without sound.

Gary Parkinson
06-01-2008, 05:08 PM
Hey Noel, how long have you been back on the coast? Hope there's plenty of work here for you.

Gary.

Noel Evans
06-01-2008, 05:46 PM
Gary just arrived a few weeks back now. Just getting started. Any local tips?

Hey also Gary Im shooting a short on 19/20 July, drop me a pm if you want to come along - get involved - drop in and say hi.

Cheers
Noel

Warrior8445
06-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Hey Noel,
Sorry to be just plain ignorant...but exactly how do you copy the Contents folder and the text file? I can't seem to download them or "copy" them. I've tried on the G5 that I have FCP on and my wife's HP (windows) laptop with no success. I also am anxious to see how this workflow works, so thanks in advance.

Rich

xianchi
06-03-2008, 05:48 PM
CTRL Click or Right Click(pc) on the link. Choose download linked file or save linked file from the pop up menu.

On the mac you can also just OPTION Click it will automatically save it to your Download Folder.

Put both files in one folder then point FCPs Log and Transfer to it and you will be on your way.

Warrior8445
06-04-2008, 03:17 PM
OK, so I Option click on the CONTENTS/ folder which downloads an html file.

I open the the CONTENTS/ folder in the Index of /SNOWp2 window and open each folder and download each file and replicate the folder structure and I seem to end up with a bunch of .txt files (I should mention this is in Safari 3.1.1)

I try to drag these to the Import Panasonic P2 window within FCP 5.1.4 (I have no log and transfer option...only log and capture which I think only works with tape machines like my AJ-SD93).

No success so far...I know this is simple, any thoughts?

Rich

(Jan, I met you at NAB, can you help? I've been talking with Steve Johnson in Minneapolis about a 500)

xianchi
06-04-2008, 03:54 PM
You're right!

You are going to have to recreate the file structure and download the individual files to their corresponding locations. I am also on Safari and can download MXFs etc from Noel's server.