PDA

View Full Version : DTE recorder for my JVC GY-HD110?

gbeck
03-25-2008, 10:59 AM
So,

I love the 110, but still suffer a little solid-state envy for the HVX users and the P2 technology and the advantages offerd by said technology. :Drogar-BigGrin(DBG) In particular the ability to immediatly look at what was just shot on set and make quick decisions. Direct to edit sounds lovely also for a multitude of reasons. I additonaly love the idea of having recored to a hard drive through firewire and haveing a tape for back up.

What are the draw backs to the DRHD100GB100 offerd by JVC? Has anyone used it? Has anyone heard anything. Did I miss a thread with this as the discussion topic? $1850.00 is a pretty big chunk of change, so I'd like some informed opinios if they're available.

Thanks,:undecided

Robert M Wright
03-25-2008, 04:51 PM
It really shouldn't be all that long until DTE removable flash memory recorders start becomming available for HDV cameras. As I understand it, the one Sony ships with their Z7 cameras will become available, separately, toward the end of the year. I'm hoping there will be some healthy competition by the middle of next year.

gbeck
03-26-2008, 04:22 PM
........so have you heard anthing about the JVC ProHD model though? It is a solid state DTE drive and it's on the market now.:huh:

yupyup
04-27-2008, 07:46 PM
I'm new at all of this but, I'm experimenting with direct to disk recording on PC using Adobe OnLocation CS3. I can't record a wedding or anything on the "move" but , it helps with interviews and greenscreen and those type of shoots.