PDA

View Full Version : Alaskan glaciers

DC EX1
03-21-2008, 09:23 AM
http://web.mac.com/stansfieldb/Pacific_Rim_Tour_Blog/Alpine_Air_Alaska_Video.html

Here's a short video I shot ad hoc from a helicopter tour in Girdwood, AK last weekend... check it out

B

DC EX1
03-21-2008, 01:45 PM
Sidenote, terrible compression and used smoothcam post, exposure not corrected, pretty much raw video...

thefilmaddict
03-22-2008, 01:21 PM
Looks good. Those aerials are very pretty. The sound mix could be a bit better. You could also do more with the grading. Is this an early cut or the final video?

DC EX1
03-23-2008, 03:26 PM
Early cut for the road blog, pretty much edited on the go... I agree, there could be a lot of grading done, but I'll wait until I'm back home to use some of my filter sets and cc.

I'm going to do a helicopter tour over hawaii, taking the knowledge from the first flight and applying it, hoping for better footage (smoother).

3CCD
03-27-2008, 10:08 PM
Despite the editing that could be done this is truly inspirational! It just happens that I came browsing through here and I haven't been on this site in a while but whats funny is this video is my personal dream. Fall 2008 I look to transfer schools and start my helicopter training to become a professional helicopter pilot and do exactly what your video is all about!! I'm currently a licensed aircraft mechanic with a strong passion for videography and so stoked you posted this!! Thanks so much!!

FAU4U
04-14-2008, 07:44 PM
clip plays just fine. jimW

PaPa
04-14-2008, 07:53 PM
really beautiful man. Wish i could get some shots there/ Looks like the post steady did a great job! Just be careful of your exposure!!! so many blown out whites :( !!!

beautiful!