PDA

View Full Version : Loglines

Isaac_Brody
03-12-2008, 11:18 PM
So maybe you’ve already written your script, or like me you have no idea yet what you’re going to write but are batting around a few ideas.

What is a logline? It’s your script broken down to a sentence or two that summarizes what it’s about. Loglines help you break down your story to its most basic premise.

Here’s an example for a short script I’m writing a treatment for:

Two enemies are forced to rely on each other for survival.

It’s pretty simple and to the point. The story is much more involved than that, but you strip away all the details and this is what it’s about.

Those of you entering the fest can start threads for your scripts and feel free to post your logline and title of your script. And posters/artwork/photos are cool as well.

ConspiracyPenguin
03-13-2008, 09:20 AM
I am with you as far as I don't have my idea yet. But this is because I have been so busy writing for TimeFest I haven't put much thought into this yet. Once I am finished and have more time I will get to work on a script and post up a thread.

Thanks,

Charlie Anderson
03-13-2008, 09:48 AM
Two enemies are forced to rely on each other for survival.
*coughtheedgecough*

:D

but in all seriousness the idea I have floating around in my head is this:

A man walks home from work and thinks he's being followed, when in actuality he's the one who's following someone else

Isaac_Brody
03-13-2008, 10:06 AM
*coughtheedgecough*

Yeah yeah, everything's been done before. :)

But this is just the core of it, my story is so different from The Edge. This is just a basic throughline. It's all in the execution. :cheesy:

aegriffin
04-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Still getting my sea-legs on this site and posted the logline in the actual Script Competition thread.

Whoops.

Logline:

bang.

"Caught in a mutually destructive obsession, Muggby and Lisa pursue their only way out."