PDA

View Full Version : "Love Exists" - Aaron Marshall (non compete)

Aaron Marshall
02-09-2008, 05:42 PM
I did this at the last minute on a whim. It ended up fitting the theme of LoveFest like a glove. I didn't mean for it to. I had only found out about Lovefest in the last couple of days. It was a pleasant surprise for me that this fest was going on.

"Love Exists" is a music video to one of Max Richter's compositions called "From the Rue Vilin", rather than a narrative film. If you need to take a break and change gears; this little flick is only 1 minute and 11 seconds long.

Max Richter
"From The Rue Vilin"
Songs From Before
FatCat Records - http://fat-cat.co.uk

Thanks for watching.

Mark Harris
02-09-2008, 06:29 PM
snuck this one in under the wire, huh?

Aaron Marshall
02-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Totally I hope I don't embarrass myself too much.

It's 100% guerrilla style. I am pretty happy with how the video turned out when I look at it in terms of an effort:result ratio. I just needed to get out and shoot something. Anything!

Edgen
02-10-2008, 01:20 PM
cool man!! Lookin forward to seeing your short lil entry :)

/j

Herman Witkam
02-10-2008, 04:05 PM
Looking forward to it, Aaron!

Chris Messineo
02-14-2008, 02:46 PM
Your shots are beautiful. The silhouettes against the sunset are amazing.

I wanted a little more story to go with it all, but the atmosphere you created was great.

Herman Witkam
02-14-2008, 03:31 PM
I loved those silhouette shots too. The combination of images and music is very poetic to me, and I love those (almost rhythmical) little zooms you have going on during the dancing silhouettes.

I would have preferred if the music would have finished with an unfinished cadence, but that's because the film is so short in length.

Texture
02-16-2008, 09:17 AM
Beautiful visual tone poem Aaron...

Makes me sad to think how many years have past since I visited Bonita Point.

Looks like I'm going to have to come for a visit to San Fran / Marin real soon...

Glad you were able to enter this.

Cheers,

Erik Paulsen

Mark Harris
02-16-2008, 06:01 PM
Argh!!!!! You Basitd!!!!

I had forgotten about your first post when I just downloaded this.

Those shots and music were so beautiful together, I got SOOOOOO excited about that being the INTRO to your film. And then it ended...

:)

Nice shots.

Aaron Marshall
02-17-2008, 01:30 PM
Thanks guys. I appreciate it. I wish I could have done more. I feel like I am starved and want to shoot a lot more footage than I have been lately.

Texture - "visual tone poem" I really like that, thank you so much. It means a lot coming from you.

Mark Harris - You rock. You looked smashing in JDS latest masterpiece. :)

Herman - Right on. Thanks. I think you know how much I respect your opinion. I like the short sweetness of the Max Richter's piece. It's one of my favorite tracks on his album. I didn't edit the song down to make it fit my vid. I made the video fit the song (or tried).

Chris - You're so correct. Thank you. I'd love to shoot something well written and come at it from an angle of just purely being a translator of a writer's ideas. I just don't think I have the brain of a writer. In the past year or so I've read through so many scripts and developed such a respect for that part of the film craft. I'd love to collaborate.

Brian Parker
02-18-2008, 03:30 PM
Nice piece of film Aaron. Simple and understated but in the best way. Beautiful setting, the dancing was a unique idea...really liked this whole piece. Good job.

Ted Arabian
02-19-2008, 08:07 AM
Very nice imagery. Beautiful actually!

I loved the dancing couple. What a bit of unspoken poetry.

Thank you for sharing this with us. I hope that you participate in the next fest as I want to see more of your work!

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Very nice!

-Ted

Bryce A
02-19-2008, 12:27 PM
Makes me want to play piano and dance on a beachtop roof during a beautiful sunset. Though not at the same time. You know, it's nice to be reminded that we can go out and shoot something that is just pure mood and feeling. Shorts like this can be like stretching before a big race. Next fest, let's see you run.

Marlon Ladd
02-20-2008, 05:57 AM
I thought this was a very thoughtful and beautiful entry. Really liked the shots. Simple, creative and you get the point.

mentatDUKE
02-21-2008, 10:51 AM
This was a cool short film. Out of the ordinary. Fave part was the dancing on rooftops.

Cool stuff.

Edgen
02-21-2008, 10:30 PM
Very cool Aaron. I'm glad you had a chance to enter. Very poetic in its own right.

/j

iSTy
03-15-2008, 03:29 PM
Beautiful, just beautiful!