PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Clip

Daniel Boswell
01-30-2008, 09:04 PM
This was shot in 1080 30p mostly with the EX1 with a little bit of V1 mixed in in 30p as well. It was edited onsite and then shown at reception:

http://dvartistry.blogspot.com/2008/01/michael-chantal-turnip-rose.html

Its a little sappy..but thats what they want. :)

Of interest might be the low light shots of reception at end. VERY pleased with the look of this cam

frankygunpowder
01-31-2008, 12:10 AM
Very nice shots. Did you use a glidecam or any stabalizer for some of the shots?

The shots of the bride and her mother getting ready and the bride and groom's dancing were especially good.

I did notice the audio was going distorted at some points (according to my computer and headphones).

Not to open a can of worms, but I also noticed some light artifacting with the camera flashes at the end of the piece that are associated with the dreaded rolling shutter. Did you have a problem with the camera flashes?

Nice piece, I'm sure they were very happy with it.

Daniel Boswell
01-31-2008, 10:15 PM
Thanks!

Yeah..i used a GC 4000 for some of the shots. Those shots of the bride prep were the EX1. The groom prep in BW was the V1. There is (obviously) a noticable difference in the quality off these two cams.

The audio must have been bad on your end because its fine on mine.

Yeah, I am used to rolling shutter being a V1 user for over a year. I think we worry about it a lot more than our clients so i try not to let it bother me.

Thanks again for checking it out!

Stevet
02-01-2008, 07:15 AM
Nice work Daniel.
Those last scenes were really amazing.
The partial exposures (of course) are real noticeable especially slo-mo, but the footage looked so good, it was worth it.

Did you try to "fix" the partial exposures in post? I have yet to try this and was wondering how it might look.

Daniel Boswell
02-03-2008, 10:24 PM
Thanks Steve!

I didn't try to fix that because this clip was edited in 3 hours at the wedding. :)

Kevin Dorsey
02-04-2008, 12:59 AM
Very nice Daniel. I especially like the very last shot wide shot, I'm assuming that was the EX1? And as Stevet mentioned, any partial exposure is only noticed by people looking for it, certainly not by any brides or their families.

I was going to comment that I would have liked to have seen all the pics in the beginning continue to zoom, and not stop, but then I realized this was an SDE. These are the pieces I work on all night, and you did it in a few hours. I'm sure the everyone loved it. Congrats on being named top 25.
-Kevin

Daniel Boswell
02-04-2008, 10:33 PM
Thanks a lot Kevin!

How'd you know about 25?