PDA

View Full Version : ex1 fun time

wartez
01-09-2008, 11:22 PM
I got my EX1 this week and headed right out to my friend's work to try it out. I shot 1080p24 for the most part if I remember correctly. All available lighting and no idea whatsoever what we were doing. I really like this camera!

http://www.stargalactic.com/Front Desk640.mov

ESTEBEVERDE
01-10-2008, 01:57 AM
I don't know what craft service put into your food but it looks like it was all good fun! :beer:

Cool images and thanks for sharing!

Christopher Barry
01-12-2008, 04:30 AM
Cool and wacky short. I liked the shots, location and we have some narrative, thank you!

Is the donut half full or half empty?:D:Drogar-Smoke(DBG)::shocked: :beer::2vrolijk_08:

What did you use for a dolly?

disjecta
01-12-2008, 09:10 AM
Didn't make a lick of sense to me. The camera work and compositions were real nice but, for me, your film suffered big time because of the sound. The sets were spectacular but, because you didn't close mic your talent, everything sounded cavernous and, dare I say it, amateur. If you had upped the production value on the audio, it would have elevated this short dramatically.

Anyway, just my opinion. Thanks for sharing.

Stevet
01-13-2008, 08:14 AM
Yes, get a boom, and/or lavaliers.
You need to get the mic as close as possible.

You can always add a sense of space in post.

wartez
01-13-2008, 12:13 PM
Hi guys. I completely agree with you about the sound. I had him mic'd with my malfunctioning sennheiser g2 wireless mics but they were poppin' and a blippin'. I've since figured out what the problem was so my next short will be a step up in the audio department for sure among others. My intention when I went out to shoot was just to observe my friend David in his work environment so I thought I could get away with just the sennheiser shotgun mounted to the camera and the wireless lav but that didn't pan out to my dismay! My next project might be for lovefest actually and hopefully we'll be shooting with the letus extreme!

Christopher Barry
01-14-2008, 02:26 PM
What did you use for a dolly?
Wartez, tripod on, say, Manfrotto wheels/base being rolled?

wartez
01-14-2008, 09:46 PM
Wartez, tripod on, say, Manfrotto wheels/base being rolled?

Hey Chris, sorry I missed your first post. More like tripod on facility push cart for moving furniture and bags and the like! Use what you got!

Christopher Barry
01-15-2008, 12:11 AM
.... Use what you got!
Absolutely.

For that shoot, any particular camera settings, such as gamma/matrix/detail?

Nice encode that file you shared. Any particular app or general settings? Thanks.

Hunter Hampton
01-17-2008, 02:22 PM
If you fit that whole thing into about 30 seconds, you would have an award winning hotel spot. It was pretty stupid, but a lot of people think stupid is funny. 30 seconds man!

Alan Bradley
01-21-2008, 09:11 AM
i think this short was great. funny as hell!

avr
01-21-2008, 12:21 PM
great and FUN
Thanks for sharing

Kelly Olsen
01-29-2008, 10:59 PM
As far as the look and the quality of the shots I was very impressed. That camera looks very much like film.

I really liked the angles and camera placement. A lot of non-obvious choices that worked really well for me. I get the feeling that the content was not the main issue here, just a chance to use the camera and it was a hell of a lot better and more interesting that the shots of back yards or a guy's kid walking around the house in diapers that show up all the time.

Good work.

frankygunpowder
01-30-2008, 11:42 PM
and it was a hell of a lot better and more interesting that the shots of back yards or a guy's kid walking around the house in diapers that show up all the time.

LMAO!!!:-Laugh(DBG)-1:-Laugh(DBG)-1:-Laugh(DBG)-1:-Laugh(DBG)-1 All with the Hawian version of "Somewhere Over The Rainbow". But hey, it's all practice and there are a ton of camera owners who are also proud parents, so why not utilize the kiddies to be the subjects, especially when they work for animal crackers. LOL. But I agree that I like to see it swiched up.

Kelly Olsen
01-31-2008, 02:23 AM
LMAO!!!:-Laugh(DBG)-1:-Laugh(DBG)-1:-Laugh(DBG)-1:-Laugh(DBG)-1 All with the Hawian version of "Somewhere Over The Rainbow".

And I really dug that version of the song when I first heard it. Man can people ruin a good thing for you!

socbret
01-31-2008, 11:18 AM
I think I've told you on the Redrock forums but I'll say it again, you have hands down some of the most enjoyable shorts on the web. Antiquing Minnesota, Premium Beer Ad, Back In The Saddle, and Tandem just kill me. Glad to see you have the EX1 now.

STYLZ
02-04-2008, 11:10 PM
Haha, this was fun. Thanks. The images have stunned me.

Hey what was gabe & gene shot on? That was a interesting short doc. Well the characters were interesting. Yah

And what was dropout shot on?

AndrewGentle
02-05-2008, 11:29 PM
That was so weird, but it looked great. What gamma setting were you using? You're the same guy behind that Premium Beer ad? That was the single weirdest thing I've seen on these forums so far! Well done!

wartez
02-20-2008, 01:06 PM
hey everyone,

i shot a real short film with the ex1 and 35mm lens adapter for dvxfest. you can find it under winter lilacs in the lovefest forum.

wartez
02-20-2008, 01:07 PM
Haha, this was fun. Thanks. The images have stunned me.

Hey what was gabe & gene shot on? That was a interesting short doc. Well the characters were interesting. Yah

And what was dropout shot on?

Gabe & Gene was shot on HVX in SD, Dropout was HVX 720p.