PDA

View Full Version : Scene Detect on Imported Files

Michael Erlewine
12-09-2007, 06:50 AM
I have imported a couple of hundred MiniDV tapes into Premiere Pro CS3. I did not use the "Scene Detect" feature.

Is there any way to process a file already imported and mark all of the various scenes - when the camera was turned on and off?

Thanks,

Michael Erlewine
Heart Center Studios

Neil Rowe
12-09-2007, 10:43 AM
if you shot 24p its imperitive that you use scene detect so that the 24p cadance il be detected and the pulldown will be done right for each shot. the scene detect feature breaks the tape captur into each time you started and stopped recording. not just when the cam was powerd down and back up, and you can break up your clip when you pull it to the timeline by using the scource monitor window and pulling only sections of the single big file to the timeline. but if you shot 24p, and want to work on a 24p timeline you need to start over.

Michael Erlewine
12-09-2007, 02:43 PM
Thee are MiniDV footate that I am trying to place into a widescreen format, so they are not 24p or even widescreen. Any way to detect this type of footage?

Thanks,

Michael Erlewine

Neil Rowe
12-09-2007, 06:38 PM
theres no way to do it automatically once the tapes are captured to singular files already that i am aware of. some third party software may offer the option.