PDA

View Full Version : Heart's Harvest

rfox
11-27-2007, 03:49 PM
http://www.rlfox.com/misc/hharvest_poster.jpg

http://www.rlfox.com/misc/hharvest_banner.jpg

rfox
11-27-2007, 03:50 PM
Filmed in Amish country - Pontotoc, Mississippi.

Script near-complete.
Some locations secured.
Some actors on-board.

Reference Photos:

Chris Messineo
11-27-2007, 04:58 PM
I thought all the Amish were in PA.

Best of luck with the film.

Sid Barnhoorn
11-28-2007, 07:40 AM
Hi Russel,

Very nice poster! :-) Good luck with this one.

Cheers,

rfox
11-28-2007, 07:50 AM
I thought all the Amish were in PA.

Best of luck with the film.
Thanks, Chris. I look forward to seeing your entry.

Yeah, we have Amish and Mennonites down here -- migrated from the north, I assume.

Regards,
Russell

Chris Messineo
11-28-2007, 08:16 AM
It's a great picture in your poster.

I'm looking forward to the film.

cinealma
11-28-2007, 09:16 AM
Very nice looking project. Look forward to it.

Mark Johnson
11-28-2007, 09:48 AM
We have Mennonites and a few Amish in Kansas too. I think wherever there is fertile farmland you are likely to find a colony or three because they've had to find new opportunities to buy land reasonably cheap.

That is a great poster and I'm really pumped to see your film in this setting.

rfox
11-28-2007, 11:18 AM
We have Mennonites and a few Amish in Kansas too. I think wherever there is fertile farmland you are likely to find a colony or three because they've had to find new opportunities to buy land reasonably cheap.

That is a great poster and I'm really pumped to see your film in this setting.

Thanks for the comments. Now, if I could just find an Amish girl who looks like the actress in "Where the Heart Lies" :)

-Russell

Mark Johnson
11-28-2007, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the comments. Now, if I could just find an Amish girl who looks like the actress in "Where the Heart Lies" :)

-Russell

My ex-girlfriend was raised on a farm as a conservative Mennonite with no t.v., no dancing and no dating. She became something of a wild child after she got away from home and went to college. She did some modeling and eventually did a photoshoot for Playboy. The timing was pretty poor, though, because the issue came out right when she was visiting her parents (who she thought wouldn't find out about it). As you might expect, at least somebody had a subscription in the little farm community and the scandal was enormous. Interestingly, although the town has a population less than 1,500 she was the third Mennonite farmer's daughter from there to appear in a Playboy publication over a ten year period. The other interesting thing is that my own hometown was just 40 miles from hers but it grew up as a wild German catholic community. Though it never had more than 3,000 population, at the end of the 1800s it had 6 saloons and three brothels operating within the city limits and all of them doing business in a network of tunnels dug underneath the main street. You can still take a tour of the "tunnels" today and the tour includes one of the old brothels but if there are minors in the group it is described as merely a "cowboy hotel" out of deference to Bible Belt sensibilities.

Jeffrey Hamlin
11-28-2007, 12:15 PM
Russell...

Awesome Poster! Any chance I can check out the script?

I have been fascinated by the Amish for a long time. My family has a cabin in northern Michigan and there is a large Amish community there. Every summer we spend a lot of time up there and one year I became smitten with an Amish girl working in her fathers hardware store. To make a long story short...her very stern father would have nothing of my daily visits and removed the girl from the store. I have no idea what ever became of her. She is probably living in Mississippi waiting to be cast for a movie :)

Anyway....I think you have a great poster and I like the whole Amish tie-in. Good luck with the project.

All the best,

JEFF

PS. I think AMISHFEST would be sweet!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark Johnson
11-28-2007, 12:36 PM
Russell...

I have no idea what ever became of her.

She's out here working at the iHop next door. :cheesy:

Jeffrey Hamlin
11-28-2007, 01:45 PM
Glad to know you found her. Tell her that a heartbroken kid from Michigan still thinks about her every now and again.

PS. Don't order the pancakes...I here there is something funky in the recipe :)

And I would like to amend my next_fest theme...it should be AMISH-IHOP-FEST!!!!!

rfox
11-28-2007, 01:57 PM
My ex-girlfriend was raised on a farm as a conservative Mennonite with no t.v., no dancing and no dating. She became something of a wild child after she got away from home and went to college. She did some modeling and eventually did a photoshoot for Playboy. The timing was pretty poor, though, because the issue came out right when she was visiting her parents (who she thought wouldn't find out about it). As you might expect, at least somebody had a subscription in the little farm community and the scandal was enormous. Interestingly, although the town has a population less than 1,500 she was the third Mennonite farmer's daughter from there to appear in a Playboy publication over a ten year period. The other interesting thing is that my own hometown was just 40 miles from hers but it grew up as a wild German catholic community. Though it never had more than 3,000 population, at the end of the 1800s it had 6 saloons and three brothels operating within the city limits and all of them doing business in a network of tunnels dug underneath the main street. You can still take a tour of the "tunnels" today and the tour includes one of the old brothels but if there are minors in the group it is described as merely a "cowboy hotel" out of deference to Bible Belt sensibilities.

You've stolen my script!!! :) (Actually, that's a lot more interesting than my story - but we only have 6 minutes, after all)

That's fascinating. Is this Kansas you're talking about?

-r

rfox
11-28-2007, 02:00 PM
Russell...

Awesome Poster! Any chance I can check out the script?

I have been fascinated by the Amish for a long time. My family has a cabin in northern Michigan and there is a large Amish community there. Every summer we spend a lot of time up there and one year I became smitten with an Amish girl working in her fathers hardware store. To make a long story short...her very stern father would have nothing of my daily visits and removed the girl from the store. I have no idea what ever became of her. She is probably living in Mississippi waiting to be cast for a movie :)

Anyway....I think you have a great poster and I like the whole Amish tie-in. Good luck with the project.

All the best,

JEFF

PS. I think AMISHFEST would be sweet!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the comments, Jeff. I'm with you on the Amish-fest.
I'll gladly send you the script if you want - I should have it finished by early next week.

Regards,
Russell

Jason Ramsey
11-28-2007, 02:25 PM
Hey, man. Just want to wish you good luck. Looks very interesting and I am looking forward to it.

Later,
Jason

rfox
11-28-2007, 02:35 PM
Hey, man. Just want to wish you good luck. Looks very interesting and I am looking forward to it.

Later,
Jason

Thanks Jason, and I'm looking forward to your dvxuser debut. I've seen some of your BTS stuff (I, too have a P2-guy on staff :) ) and I would expect the movie to be equally interesting.

It looks like you're in Troy -- I'm from Panama City originally and currently in Tupelo, so I come through there periodically on my way home. If you ever get up to Tupelo, stop by for lunch...

Regards,
Russell

Mark Johnson
11-28-2007, 02:38 PM
You've stolen my script!!! :) (Actually, that's a lot more interesting than my story - but we only have 6 minutes, after all)

That's fascinating. Is this Kansas you're talking about?

-r

Yeah, I met her in Kansas although I was, by then, working out here in California. She was a legal secretary for one of my clients that I had a long-term project for. We sort of clicked and she ended up moving out to California with me. We lived together for 6 years and I helped her through law school. She's now a high-end transactions lawyer in Palo Alto and I often wonder if anyone working with her knows what a fascinating past she has. By the way, even though we split up we remained good friends and she agreed to be my damsel in distress in my project Chow Baby for HorrorFest last year: (hard to believe she was once a conservative Mennonite!)

http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/10478/1196289439.jpg

Jeffrey Hamlin
11-28-2007, 02:57 PM
Oh my...we aren't in Kansas anymore.

Jason Ramsey
11-28-2007, 03:05 PM
Thanks, man. I'll stop by if I'm ever up that way :) If you ever pass through in Troy Country, then stop by out at my place in the coutnry and we'll have a bon fire, eat some dungenes crab, and make glorious BTS shorts :)

later,
Jason

LuckyStudio 13
11-28-2007, 08:26 PM
p2 p2 whtcha gonna do , whtcha gonna do when they come for you ? p2 p2 ....

Jason Ramsey
11-28-2007, 08:49 PM
you're gonna make that one follow me everywhere aren't you :)

Later,
Jason

LuckyStudio 13
11-28-2007, 08:55 PM
u betcha' !

Jason Ramsey
11-28-2007, 08:59 PM
"oh, well... whatchya gonna do..... p2, p2..."

end threadjack.

Later,
Jason