Aram "Beat Takeshi" Bauman - Cinematographer
Chris Furlong - Producer
Ricardo Pino - Sound
Kristin Barber - Casting

BTS Shots:

http://www.offstagefilms.com/images/ltpbts01.jpg
Our Crew: Chris Furlong, Aram Bauman, Chris Messineo, and Ricardo Pino

http://www.offstagefilms.com/images/ltpbts02.jpg
Our Cast: Nova Mejia (Emily) and Brad Standley (John)

http://www.offstagefilms.com/images/ltpbts03.jpg
The Cast at Work: Emily and John in the Bathroom

Chris Messineo
11-16-2007, 06:18 AM
Stills (straight out of camera - no color correction):

http://www.offstagefilms.com/images/00137T-01003719.jpg

http://www.offstagefilms.com/images/0026AK-01005507.jpg

http://www.offstagefilms.com/images/0018IZ-01094622.jpg

http://www.offstagefilms.com/images/0039A2-01073908.jpg

http://www.offstagefilms.com/images/00083B-01082918.jpg

http://www.offstagefilms.com/images/0031ZL-01081402.jpg

tmnt
11-16-2007, 06:20 AM
Good luck Chris. Was wondering if using the word 'Penthouse' is a copyright violation though?

Chris Messineo
11-16-2007, 06:45 AM
Thanks. I've been a member here for four years, but this will be my first fest entry so I'm psyched.

As for the copyright, I'm not a lawyer, but it is my understanding that you can use copyrighted words in titles as long as you are not duplicating the title (calling your film "Star Wars") or representing your work as a product from said copyright holder.

Jack Daniel Stanley
11-16-2007, 06:52 AM
Good lookin' cast :beer:

Mark Johnson
11-16-2007, 06:53 AM
I just love it when a title catches my interest and imagination. I have no idea whether you're going metaphorical or literal, but its a great title for Love Fest as it raises the whole sex/lust vs love issue in one's mind. Glad to see you entering and I agree that your use of Penthouse isn't a problem - especially in a non-income generating context.

Beat Takeshi
11-16-2007, 07:28 AM
This story kicks ass and I hope I do it justice on the shooting side.

Luis Caffesse
11-16-2007, 07:30 AM
Nice.
I think this will be the first time I've already read the script on an entry before the festival.
I can't wait to see how this one turns out.
:thumbsup:

Glad to see you're finally jumping in, Chris.

bosindy
11-16-2007, 07:43 AM
Looks like a fun one, good luck.

Chris Messineo
11-16-2007, 12:32 PM
Thanks for all the kind words.

It makes me wonder why I didn't sign up for a DVXFest before.

Marlon Ladd
11-16-2007, 01:46 PM
Good luck!

deedive
11-19-2007, 12:21 PM
good luck chris:)

Dmitry Yun
11-19-2007, 01:16 PM
Damn I remember the time I wrote to penthouse, good luck...sounds very intriguing :)

snodart
11-20-2007, 10:29 PM
Chris, can't wait to see one of your stories through the eyes of a camera. Good luck.

Chris Messineo
11-21-2007, 06:54 AM
With all this support, I'm beginning to get nervous - I don't want to disappoint.

Mark Harris
11-21-2007, 07:20 AM
With all this support, I'm beginning to get nervous - I don't want to disappoint.

Hey Chris, I expect this to be the BEST FILM EVER. No pressure. :)

Luis Caffesse
11-21-2007, 07:33 AM
Chris, I hear your film will have the power the cure the common cold.
That's great!

Good luck with it.

Jack Daniel Stanley
11-21-2007, 08:22 AM
I read about this in Variety. Can't wait!:)

Chris Messineo
11-21-2007, 08:36 AM
I was just hoping to have it all be in focus. :)

Herman Witkam
11-21-2007, 09:24 AM
Thanks for all the kind words.

It makes me wonder why I didn't sign up for a DVXFest before.

Looking forward to it! :)

Beat Takeshi
11-24-2007, 12:07 AM
I was just hoping to have it all be in focus. :)

Me too. I have been thinking hard about the whole thing while in Spain.

Zak Forsman
11-24-2007, 02:16 AM
Good luck Chris, looking forward to it!

Chris Messineo
11-24-2007, 11:14 AM
Me too. I have been thinking hard about the whole thing while in Spain.

Awesome.

I just sent you a whole bunch of stuff, rehearsal footage and preliminary shot list.

Hopefully, it's relatively sane and doesn't make your head spin. :)

Kyle Stebbins
11-25-2007, 01:39 PM
excited!! cast looks great. i think i saw a special for this on E Entertainment. This is going to be good.

jpsheets
11-25-2007, 07:46 PM
Nice.
I think this will be the first time I've already read the script on an entry before the festival.
I can't wait to see how this one turns out.

Glad to see you're finally jumping in, Chris.

Hey Chris,

Are you making the script available before shooting? If so, I'd love to read it. I hear it's being considered for the Nobel prize BTW.

cinealma
11-25-2007, 09:37 PM
I really like the title for this one, Chris. Looking forward to it.

Is this going to be a "talking head" picture or are you doing something bigger? And I'm not saying the former in any negative connotation. Some of my favorite films are "talking head" pictures. :thumbsup:

Beat Takeshi
11-26-2007, 11:20 AM
I thought all heads talk?
Actually thats not true, my entry is silent.

StefanHaynes
11-26-2007, 01:23 PM
The script was brilliant, so the film should be equally so.

Can't wait.

Chris Messineo
11-26-2007, 02:18 PM
Are you making the script available before shooting? If so, I'd love to read it. I hear it's being considered for the Nobel prize BTW.

I don't know about the Nobel Prize, but I sent you a link to the script in case you want to check it out.

Chris Messineo
11-26-2007, 02:19 PM
Is this going to be a "talking head" picture or are you doing something bigger?

Mostly talking heads, although there is a scene in a bathtub.

Chris Messineo
11-26-2007, 02:20 PM
The script was brilliant, so the film should be equally so.

Can't wait.
Thanks for the kind words, although I'm pleasantly surprised. I didn't think you liked the script that much when you first read it. Did it grow on you?

Mark Harris
11-27-2007, 02:06 AM
Mostly talking heads, although there is a scene in a bathtub.

Fill in that grout first, this time! :)

Beat Takeshi
11-27-2007, 05:45 AM
I really liked the script the first time I read it and seeing it acted out during rehearsals was a treat. Great acting on both parts.

Chris Messineo
11-27-2007, 06:51 AM
Fill in that grout first, this time! :)
Excellent memory, but this is a different bathroom. :)

StefanHaynes
11-27-2007, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the kind words, although I'm pleasantly surprised. I didn't think you liked the script that much when you first read it. Did it grow on you?
I thought, and still think it was a little sketchy in a few places, but overall, it really was quite beautiful. Poetic indeed. I'm curious to see how it will make the script-to-film conversion, though.

Chris Messineo
11-27-2007, 10:47 AM
I thought, and still think it was a little sketchy in a few places, but overall, it really was quite beautiful. Poetic indeed. I'm curious to see how it will make the script-to-film conversion, though.

Me too. :)

Mark Johnson
11-27-2007, 01:08 PM
Hi Chris,

This discussion does really hook me with anticipation for seeing the film. I note that Mr. Haynes found the script "beautiful" but "a little sketchy" in a few places. Did you further revise the script from the version he refers to? Did he give notes or was the script in finished form? I really respect your work, Chris, so I hope you don't mind me asking these things. I'm just curious as to whether you shared your script for notes or simply for his reading pleasure in a finished form.

Chris Messineo
11-27-2007, 02:44 PM
Mark,

Since you were so kind to ask, here is the history of "Letters to Penthouse".

About 8 months ago MoviePoet (http://www.MoviePoet.com)'s monthly screenplay contest was called "The Full Monty" and every script entered had to have "nudity or implied nudity". I wrote the first draft for this contest and won second place (the first place script was amazing and is now being produced in Canada by the Canadian Film Board). At this point, I had no thoughts of actually filming the story.

This summer, we held auditions to meet some new actors and actresses. I gave them a selection of my scripts to read from. A few actors selected this script and two of them just blew it out of the box. The read some lines in ways I had never imagined and yet it felt like they always should have been performed that way. They just "owned" the characters and I felt like I had to film it.

Next, before any pre-production began, I sent the script to JDS to get another filmmakers perspective. He wrote about the script (anonymously) in another thread:

I just read an entry that is somewhat Carver-esque. I like it a lot. I like the Beginning, Middle, and lead up to the End (rising action), but wonder if it's ending is enough to feel satisfying as a short. It's really well written. That's the feedback I am going to give the writer - maybe the ending is brilliant, subtle, but I would be afraid of it personally...

...I don't know if the short I read, even after the good beginning and middle will feel satisfying. On the page the ending feels unsatisfying to me. Abrupt. But maybe all of the dialogue and pacing will be super fast up until the end and then the filmmaker will take a glacier pace with the ending that will really allow it to sink in and seem profound .... I just do not know. I am not going to tell the guy to change it per se, just my feeling about it.

To me it will be an interesting experiment if he keeps the ending the way it is. First I will be interested to see if it plays like it does on the page or not. Second, in either case, what will the experience of watching it be like and will people connect with it and consider it a strong piece.

Jack's critique was incredibly helpful and I tweaked the script and then posted it in the screenwriting forum to get some more feedback (that is where a few of the members here first saw it). Those members, like Stefan, offered some excellent insights and while the script hasn't change too much, many of those suggestions have influenced my direction and guidance to the actors.

With the script, ready to go, we moved into pre-production. I was lucky enough to get Aram "Beat Takeshi" Bauman to come on board as our DP and the rest of the crew just fell into place. We had one rehearsal and then DVXUser announced the next fest as "LoveFest" and it was kismet (although I still need to get a camera into my story).

If someone really wants to read the script before they see the film just pm me and I will send you a link, although at this point it might be more interesting to wait and see the film first.

Anyway, I'm sure that answer was longer than you wanted, but hopefully it was mildly interesting as well.

Chris

Tom Marshall
11-27-2007, 07:22 PM
Hey Chris, good luck with the production on this. Good to see you've got Aram to shoot this with you. He's got a good eye, so you should be in good shape. :beer:

Beat Takeshi
12-02-2007, 08:44 AM
Feeling....no...........pressure....

:)

Kyle Stebbins
12-03-2007, 08:38 AM
Hey Chris, let me know if you'd like me to take a crack at making a poster.
Just made one for Dustin R. Rogan's film, "Given".

Let me know, man. Either way, getting pumped for this fest...

Chris Messineo
12-04-2007, 09:39 AM
Feeling....no...........pressure....

You're going to be awesome. :)

Chris Messineo
12-04-2007, 09:42 AM
Hey Chris, let me know if you'd like me to take a crack at making a poster.
Just made one for Dustin R. Rogan's film, "Given".

Let me know, man. Either way, getting pumped for this fest...
Thanks a lot for the offer. I love your poster and the one you did for Dustin.

I've been looking forward to trying to do one for myself, but I am blank so far on ideas. If I don't come up with something soon, I'll shoot you a pm.

Kyle Stebbins
12-04-2007, 07:51 PM
I understand. I'm a bit egocentric about several aspects of my personal projects as well... i really look forward to making my own stuff (as most people should.) -- so much so that i enjoy making other people's stuff even more!

best of luck in your design endeavors! your work has always been quality in the past.

also, i joined moviepoet as well. really enjoying it. (and i realize it wasnt all your creation... just wanted to send that along)

Chris Messineo
12-04-2007, 08:43 PM
I joined moviepoet as well. really enjoying it. (and i realize it wasnt all your creation... just wanted to send that along)

Thanks a lot for checking MoviePoet.com out. Actually the site was built entirely by me, but it's all the great people and scripts there, that make it a worthwhile place to hang out.

Kyle Stebbins
12-04-2007, 08:51 PM
ah!! well then. GREAT WORK, my friend! You've given quite a gift to everyone trying to perfect their craft. Thanks for the site, Chris!

Mark Johnson
12-05-2007, 11:24 AM
Moviepoet simply rocks. ... even if they let Huskers in.

Kyle Stebbins
12-05-2007, 05:21 PM
Moviepoet simply rocks. ... even if they let Huskers in.
Ha! Bo Pelini, my friend. Bo Pelini.

We've got K-State shaking in the knees.

Beat Takeshi
12-06-2007, 01:10 PM
2 more days til shoot time.
:shocked:

Mark Harris
12-06-2007, 01:27 PM
Yeah, Chris told me that. You guys are OG!!!! I am not shooting until like the last week in Jan!!!

Chris Messineo
12-06-2007, 01:39 PM
I too am a little nervous about shooting in two days, but at least it gives us some time to fix any mistakes we make. :)

Mark Harris
12-06-2007, 01:43 PM
Well, I have a couple of projects I need to wrap up in Dec, and I am the number one fan of pre-prod, so I want to take as long as I can to set it up before pulling the trigger.

Beat Takeshi
12-08-2007, 04:36 AM
Off to Chris's place or actually his friends for a crispy first day of shooting!

Chris Messineo
12-08-2007, 05:01 PM
The first day is done and it went great!

Everyone did a fantastic job (especially our DP) and we managed to win our race against the sun.

This film might not even suck. :)

Mark Harris
12-08-2007, 05:58 PM
ha, I was just coming here to ask how it went!

Chris Messineo
12-08-2007, 07:04 PM
We shoot again tomorrow.

Hopefully, we didn't save all our disasters for the second day.

Luis Caffesse
12-08-2007, 10:04 PM
This film might not even suck. :)

I dream of the day I can have aspirations as high as this.

Beat Takeshi
12-08-2007, 10:12 PM
Well, I'm going to be beat tomorrow. Or should I say today, I stayed up to watch Da Truth Spitters music video on video music box and it never played. I'll deal with it later but now I have to scan a bunch of papers for my daughters interview with a high school tomorrow. It was fun today even though the jib thingy shot didn't work. I would have posted the BTS but I had to spend some daddy time with the kids.

Beat Takeshi
12-09-2007, 03:42 PM
We wrapped!!!

Luis Caffesse
12-09-2007, 03:47 PM
Woo Hoo!

Mark Harris
12-10-2007, 05:20 AM
Grabs?

Jack Daniel Stanley
12-10-2007, 06:01 AM
Screenies?

Marlon Ladd
12-10-2007, 06:57 AM
Chris, your thread is awesome and you don't even have a poster up yet! Can't wait to see the film. Could you PM me the link to the script or tell me where I can read it? Oh, and by the way, I joined moviepoet as well. Good job on that.

Chris Messineo
12-10-2007, 07:05 AM
Poster - I got an idea for the poster this week-end and hope to have it up this week.

BTS Shots - Aram should be sending them to me shortly and I will post up a few.

Grabs - What are the official rules on grabs? Are these cool to share - encouraged or discouraged?

The Script - If you're eager to read the script before seeing the film (at this point you might want to wait for the film) you can find it at MoviePoet.com (both the first draft and shooting script).

Jack Daniel Stanley
12-10-2007, 07:48 AM
... Grabs - What are the official rules on grabs? Are these cool to share - encouraged or discouraged?

Allowed.
Either raw or CC'ed or both for comparison.
And neither encouraged nor discouraged by the powers that be, but encouraged by gen. populace.

What you cannot do is MOVING images from the film. So no CLIPS from the film.

BTS STILLS: Yes.
BTS FOOTY: Yes.
FILM STILLS, raw or CC'ed, with or without FX etc.: Yes
FILM FOOTY: No.

Zak Forsman
12-10-2007, 11:12 AM
congratulations chris! very excited to see some stills. post, post, post!!!

Beat Takeshi
12-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Now that I recovered from a stint of late nights and have a little time I wanted to say that it was a great pleasure working with Chris and crew. Chris is very meticulous with everything but very laid back at the same time. I love the way he works with his actors and his direction. I learned a lot watching him talk about the characters and what he wanted. He was like a little kid getting a brand new bike for Christmas when he got what he wanted from them which was most of the time. His 2 partners in crime, Chris and Ricardo were also great to work with and were a blast to hang with. I would definitely work with that crew again anytime.
I will be sending you the BTS tonight Chris.

Chris Messineo
12-10-2007, 04:06 PM
I'm blushing.

Thanks for joining the team - you fit right in. :)

Wild Imagination Films
12-10-2007, 06:00 PM
Way to go Chris. Now the relief of having the shooting done gets to give way to the fond memories of the shooting. (I hope this made sense.) As much as I like the feeling of the sigh of relief when you finish shooting, the happiness I find only on set is the thing I keep coming back for.

Chris Messineo
12-10-2007, 06:02 PM
Here is our poster:

http://www.offstagefilms.com/images/ltpposterweb.jpg

I hope everyone likes it.

Drew Ott
12-10-2007, 06:19 PM
Way to go Chris. Now the relief of having the shooting done gets to give way to the fond memories of the shooting. (I hope this made sense.) As much as I like the feeling of the sigh of relief when you finish shooting, the happiness I find only on set is the thing I keep coming back for.

I know what you mean. I went a month without working on a film and it was hell.

Brandon Rice
12-10-2007, 07:03 PM
Wow Chris! You rocked OUT on this one! Can't wait to see it!

Gohanto
12-10-2007, 10:39 PM
Wow, poster looks awesome.

Can't wait to see it.

Herman Witkam
12-11-2007, 07:24 AM
Cool poster, Chris :thumbsup:

Beat Takeshi
12-12-2007, 09:04 AM
That is a excellent poster. I'm diggin' it!!!

Marlon Ladd
12-12-2007, 10:35 AM
The poster's off the chain! Very creative and invites you into the story. Who did it?

PS - Chris, did you see my last post about the script? I know you're busy as heck, but if you get a chance PM me the script.

Thanks,

Matt Harris
12-12-2007, 12:05 PM
The title alone is great because we've all read penthouse letters before (ahem) right?
I may have to go take a peek at the script...
Chris your poster is perfect. So far, from what i've seen, the posters for LOVEFEST
are some of the best ever.

Chris Messineo
12-12-2007, 01:03 PM
I'm so glad you are all digging the poster. While I did it all myself - I learned so much from all the other members here. In particular, I need to give a shout out to Jeremy Ordan and Matt Grunau who taught me a ton and answered all my questions (no matter how dumb).

Chris Messineo
12-12-2007, 01:05 PM
PS - Chris, did you see my last post about the script? I know you're busy as heck, but if you get a chance PM me the script.
I did see your question, but I think you missed my response. :)

If you want to read the script, you can find it (both the first draft and shooting draft) at MoviePoet.com - although, at this point you might want to wait to see the film first.

Chris Messineo
12-12-2007, 01:07 PM
I posted three BTS shots at the top of this thread.

There are a bunch more, but I don't want to give away too much before the film comes out.

Jack Daniel Stanley
12-12-2007, 03:55 PM
Nice.

Aram what is that shoulder rig?

Chris Messineo
12-12-2007, 04:44 PM
He's wearing the DVRigPro in that shot.

We also used a FigRig, the EZFX Jib, Bogen tripod and head, and even some old school handheld. Basically, whatever made the most sense for the mood and logistics of each shot.

Michael Anthony Horrigan
12-12-2007, 05:00 PM
Cool! Nice pics...

Mike

Marlon Ladd
12-13-2007, 07:01 AM
Ooops! Yep, I did miss the response. Okay, thanks, Chris.

Beat Takeshi
12-13-2007, 01:40 PM
Yeah, that was the DVRigPro. I like that thing but it makes your back hurt after a while.

Beat Takeshi
12-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Hey, I don't remember shooting the required "camera" to be eligible.

Mark Harris
12-13-2007, 01:44 PM

D'OH!

Luis Caffesse
12-13-2007, 01:58 PM

Double D'OH!

Can't you take that nice BTS shot of you with the rig and composite it into the background somewhere?

Chris Messineo
12-13-2007, 06:57 PM
Not to fear. We still need to shoot exteriors and some inserts for the apartment. Will stick it in somewhere. :)

Beat Takeshi
12-13-2007, 08:26 PM
Maybe a guy walking down the street in one of the establishing shots with a camera around his neck. Or taking a picture of his girl in the background.

Luis Caffesse
12-13-2007, 08:34 PM
Hey hey - don't ruin it for us.
I like waiting to see where people fit this stuff in.

Beat Takeshi
12-14-2007, 10:34 AM
oh, sort of like where's waldo. That would be cool for the next contest. You have to hide something in the shot for people to find.

Mark Harris
01-12-2008, 04:08 PM
What up? You edited? More grabs please?

Chris Messineo
01-20-2008, 02:00 PM
Stills (straight out of camera - no color correction):

http://www.offstagefilms.com/images/00137T-01003719.jpg

http://www.offstagefilms.com/images/0026AK-01005507.jpg

http://www.offstagefilms.com/images/0018IZ-01094622.jpg

http://www.offstagefilms.com/images/0039A2-01073908.jpg

http://www.offstagefilms.com/images/00083B-01082918.jpg

http://www.offstagefilms.com/images/0031ZL-01081402.jpg

Chris Messineo
01-20-2008, 02:02 PM
I will begin color correction and grading soon. I'm no expert, so if anyone has any suggestions or thoughts (or even if you want to play with some of the stills) that would be great.

Herman Witkam
01-20-2008, 04:15 PM
These look awesome, Chris! Looking forward to seeing more!

Brandon Rice
01-20-2008, 04:37 PM
Wow Chris... that first grab is awesome!

Jack Daniel Stanley
01-20-2008, 04:38 PM
I will begin color correction and grading soon. I'm no expert, so if anyone has any suggestions or thoughts (or even if you want to play with some of the stills) that would be great.

working on it ...

Brandon Rice
01-20-2008, 04:40 PM

Not sure what you're looking for, but I'll throw some ideas at you :thumbsup:

Brandon Rice
01-20-2008, 04:45 PM
http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/6061/1200876247.jpg

http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/6061/1200876279.jpg

http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/6061/1200876317.jpg

Chris Messineo
01-20-2008, 04:57 PM
Not sure what you're looking for, but I'll throw some ideas at you.

Thanks a lot - those are great - a definite improvement. It looks like you upped the contrast, brought out the whites and darkened the blacks.

What I'm looking for as well, is something different - some more dramatic looks.

working on it ...

I'm looking forward to it. :)

Brandon Rice
01-20-2008, 05:18 PM
Yeah, I desat'd them a bit, upped the contrast, and added some slight cold tones

Jack Daniel Stanley
01-20-2008, 05:37 PM
here. done quickly. some are better than others.
QUICK CC FOR CHRIS.MOV (http://frenchquarterfeatures.com/quickccforchris.mov)
(click to play)
http://frenchquarterfeatures.com/quickccforchris.jpg (http://frenchquarterfeatures.com/quickccforchris.mov)
(raw for comparison)
http://frenchquarterfeatures.com/rawcomparison.jpg

started with the usual dance as you and Brandon have mentioned ... contrast and desat
also some power windows (light enhancement) type effects.
3 way color corrector
free Haiku filters "vignette" and "face light" http://www.haiku.com.au/2005/08/final-cut-pro-plug-ins.html
g nattress basic bleach bypass http://www.nattress.com/
and colorista (used for eye light on sad lady grab) http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/magicbulletcolorista.html

dvpixl
01-20-2008, 05:52 PM
cool stuff Jack. That flare was out of nowhere but was cool. What did you use?

Jack Daniel Stanley
01-20-2008, 05:57 PM
ah I forgot to include that in the list (sorry Stu)
that was from the new Magic Bullet Looks, very diff and cool interface from the old Looksuite or Editors. It has tons of new lens effects that you drag and drop onto a graphic camera interface - effects like flare and stars and a swing tilt lens and also in camera shutter flares ... you drag each thing onto a different part of the camera ... so you drag the shutter flares onto the camera, the flare onto the lens, etc.

Michael Anthony Horrigan
01-20-2008, 06:04 PM
Nice work, Jack!

Really adds quite a film look to some already really nice frame grabs.

I may request your advice when I get to the CC stage. :)

Cheers,

Mike

Jack Daniel Stanley
01-20-2008, 06:08 PM
Nice work, Jack!

Really adds quite a film look to some already really nice frame grabs.

I may request your advice when I get to the CC stage. :)

Cheers,

Mike
Sure. But chris caught me on a day when I was twidling my thumbs waiting around on my GF who was nowhere to be found because she was out rescuing a stray cat ... Who is now in a crate in our bedroom. I'm usually not so bored / unbusy :)

Michael Anthony Horrigan
01-20-2008, 06:27 PM
Sure. But chris caught me on a day when I was twidling my thumbs waiting around on my GF who was nowhere to be found because she was out rescuing a stray cat ... Who is now in a crate in our bedroom. I'm usually not so bored / unbusy :)
LOL! No problem, I know you're busy. Maybe I'll just PM you sometime and you can just critique some of my CC shots for me. Only if you have the time.

Stray cat eh... my wife has done the same thing from time to time.

Back on topic: The pics look great!

Well done guys.

Mike

Chris Messineo
01-20-2008, 07:38 PM
Jack, What can I say? Simply amazing. I am in awe.

Expect a PM shortly.

Brandon Rice
01-20-2008, 07:48 PM
Hot stuff Jack! Much props!

Wild Imagination Films
01-20-2008, 10:46 PM
I like the manual typewriter. Can we expect this will not be a state of the art computer and digital realm style film but instead a film set in the day when things were a little slower? Less "information at the fingertips?"

Matt Harris
01-20-2008, 10:56 PM
wow. very nice. screen grabs are great, and the cc is icing on the cake.

Mark Harris
01-21-2008, 05:45 AM
Grabs look nice, Chris.

dvpixl
01-21-2008, 05:33 PM
I know sometimes it's easy to overlook the DP. So nice work Aram.
Lookin forward to the rest of it.

Ted Arabian
01-21-2008, 05:46 PM
http://www.offstagefilms.com/images/ltpbts01.jpg

I know that guy holding that camera!!!

How is Aram????

Love your title... I can only imagine what this film is about!

Looking forward to it!

-Ted

updated.....

haha!!! I had only visited the first page of this thread when I made my comment. Looks like it was "perfect timing" to go along with the previous entry!!! LOL!

Beat Takeshi
01-22-2008, 11:07 AM
Hi all, have a little break again. Thanks DVpixl :)
Looking over the shots now chris sent and going to do some CC on them and see if he likey. I posted in your thread Ted. Good to see you are back.

Ted Arabian
01-22-2008, 11:11 AM
Thanks Aram! Looking forward to seeing your work here and working with you in Beantown.

J.R. Hudson
01-22-2008, 12:01 PM
http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/282/1201031738.jpg

http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/282/1201032056.jpg

I can't help but oversat

Chris Messineo
01-22-2008, 02:06 PM
John, Thanks a lot.

It's great to get a different perspective on the CC.

Now I have to figure out what CC works best for the mood of the film.

Marlon Ladd
01-24-2008, 02:35 PM
Grabs look good, Chris. Looks like they're givin' you some options to play with too. It'll be fun to see what you decide on.

Robert Eldon
01-24-2008, 09:12 PM
Love the old typewriter. It gives your film a lot of character. Looking forward to seeing this one!

Ted Arabian
01-25-2008, 08:29 AM
Wow! Chris!!! Excellent thread! Just read through the entire thing. Congrats on such a great project!!!

I love the poster. Perfect!

The grabs are great, as well. I love seeing what other's had to offer for CC. Pretty cool stuff you can do in post. I would LOVE it if someone would do a tutorial on CCing. (JDS, feel free to step up to the plate on this request!!!)

Best of luck to you and your entire crew! Looks fantastic! I can't wait!!!

-Ted

Slimothy
01-25-2008, 09:31 AM
Chris,
The grabs look great man. Excellent job.

Zak Forsman
02-11-2008, 12:01 AM
hey, chris... what's the word? been quiet here.

Mark Harris
02-11-2008, 12:02 AM
All I know is Jack called me about 7PM asking if I wanted to go to dinner with him and Chris. So I can only assume Chris was done and uploaded, or VERY confident about finishing when he got home tonight...

Blaine
02-11-2008, 01:46 PM
Where IS this movie?!? It sounded so good. :shocked:

Matt Harris
02-11-2008, 01:52 PM
yeah and i really liked the stills.

Chris Messineo
02-11-2008, 02:05 PM
Thanks everyone for checking in.

I still hope the movie will be great, but I'm afraid we did not make the LoveFest deadline. Even if we had, it would have been "out of competition" as it looks like our final cut is going to come in around 8 minutes.

Meanwhile, I'm really looking forward to checking out all the other entries.

DJ Lewis
02-11-2008, 02:08 PM
Say it ain't so!

I was really looking forward to seeing this one. Please let us know when are able to watch your flick.

mentatDUKE
02-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Chris. Gimmie this movie.... NOW!

Seriously....

I'm not screwin around....

I like the look of your actors and I like the grabs. When do we get to see this?

Chris Messineo
09-01-2008, 09:55 AM
I realize this particular sub-forum and thread are dead at the moment, but should anyone stumble upon it, I wanted them to know that we did finally finish the film.

We are having a big premiere on September, 6th 2008 and you can read about it here: http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=145786