PDA

View Full Version : All Hallow's Fest -- Winners

Barry_S
11-11-2007, 10:39 PM
Congratulations to all the filmmakers, crew, and actors that entered All Hallow's Fest. We all enjoyed watching your films and you all deserve kudos for your efforts. The majority of films received multiple points, meaning that others thought it ranked as a top film.

I want to thank our generous sponsors for donating the prizes for DVXFest. The 1st, 2nd, 3rd place, Creative Vision, and Best Cinematography winners will receive the following prize packages from our generous sponsors. Super thanks to Jason Ramsey, our prize wrangler.

http://dvxuser.com/jason/HallowsPrizes/

SPONSORS
Abel Cine and Zacuto USA
Bebob
Cinevate
Cool Lights
DVFilm
DVXuser Battery (courtesy Jarred and Deb Land)
indiFocus.
Kessler
Silverback Equipment
Varizoom
Karl151k,
Brandon Rice

Big kudos to Larry R, our fest technical coordinator as well as Mikko and all of the generous dvxusers that donated server space-

Mikko Wilson
Jason Ramsey (Ramjet Films)
Erik Paulsen
Jaime V
Chris Lyon
Luis Caffesse
traviscool
Larry R (Day Seven Studios)
DVX Host
Jarred Land

Larry and the crew make sure the downloads run faster than human hunted by aliens for sport. :) Thanks to Jarred for running the best indie-filmmaking site in the known universe and the other mods for their help on the fest.

Thanks to our users for viewing, voting, and commenting on the films, your feedback is invaluable for the filmmakers.

1st Place
In Pieces by hybridtheory

2nd Place
Meat by andoguru

3rd Place
Welcome to the Party by Brandon Rice

Best Cinematography
Cabin by Defcon

Creative Vision Award
This award recognizes an entry with a unique creative vision. The film that zigged when everyone else zagged.
Pathomania by cinealma

Special Selections
These notable films received a high number of audience votes.

Netfriend by RossShep
Joel 3:15 by Kyser
Somatic Death by JazzDog

Special Award-- DVXFest Hero
We've arranged for a small prize for Larry R, our technical coordinator, in the hope that we can further exploit his talents and keep him up late nights working on our nefarious projects.

ALL filmmakers should PM their shipping address to Jason Ramsey so he can arrange for your prizes to be sent out.

Exhibition-Only Films
deedive, Jack and company, Kholi, Gary French. We enjoyed your films and in many cases our users wanted to vote for you--so next time keep it street legal. :)

The Next Fest will be.......

LOVEFEST--6 minutes on the theme of Love. LoveFest, packed with 60 extra seconds of love in every film and delivered, for your approval, on Valentine's Day.

Thanks everyone and stay tuned for all the details on LOVEFEST.

Barry

Luis Caffesse
11-11-2007, 10:40 PM
Woo Hoo

AWESOME
Congratualtions to everyone.
And I for one...LOVE the next fest idea.

:thumbsup:

Drew Ott
11-11-2007, 10:40 PM
Yes!!!

ugafan
11-11-2007, 10:41 PM
congrats to all the winners!

lovefest? haha :)

Michael Anthony Horrigan
11-11-2007, 10:41 PM
Nice group! Congratulations guys!

Can't wait until the next one.
EDIT: Thanks again for putting this on for us...

Cheers,

Mike

Dougyfresh13
11-11-2007, 10:42 PM
lovefest was not what i was expecting but thats dope.

Drew Ott
11-11-2007, 10:42 PM
Awesome.

Congrats to the winners. Awesome. Great job everybody.

This was a great fest. Can't wait for Love Fest. This could go any way; interesting.

(note to Barry - sorry for adding to the pressure)

p.s. TheComo just went to bed and missed this. :)

Luis Caffesse
11-11-2007, 10:45 PM
p.s. TheComo just went to bed and missed this. :)

Haha
:)

preston
11-11-2007, 10:47 PM
congrats guys . . .

Ladyhazle
11-11-2007, 10:47 PM
Awesome! Congrats to all the winners and thanks to all the mods who work so hard for us. :Drogar-BigGrin(DBG)

Ben Sliker
11-11-2007, 10:50 PM
thanks everybody! i'm going to pass out now ... i have to be up in 5 hours ... ack ...

Curugon
Super hearty congratulations guys & gals... awesome job as always.

Mark Harris
congrats to the winners! Great work all.

Luis Caffesse
thanks everybody! i'm going to pass out now ... i have to be up in 5 hours ... ack ...

Congrats on the win.

Now get some sleep!

Brandon Rice
11-11-2007, 10:51 PM
Very very proud to have placed :)

cinealma
11-11-2007, 10:52 PM
Creative Vision Award
This award recognizes an entry with a unique creative vision. The film that zigged when everyone else zagged.
Pathomania by cinealma

Thank you very much for this award. I truly appreciate the recognition for this film. Thanks to those involved (you know who you are) and especially to my wife, Kathy, who puts up with my cinematic shenanigans.

:beer:

Special Award-- DVXFest Hero
We've arranged for a small prize for Larry R, our technical coordinator, in the hope that we can further exploit his talents and keep him up late nights working on our nefarious projects.

Hell, yes! Thanks, Larry! You deserve it! :beer::beer::beer:

Brandon Rice
11-11-2007, 10:53 PM
Congrats to the rest of the winners, and Larry... wow, good work!

Justin Kuhn
11-11-2007, 10:54 PM
Thanks guys. That was intense.

Jason Ramsey
11-11-2007, 10:55 PM
As you all know,, everyone who successfully uploaded gets a copy of the film "Flip". This is extended to the exhibition only entrants as well.

If you entered your address incorrectly when you uploaded your film, you will need to provide me with the correct one. Or, if you wish to have your prize(s) sent to an address different from the one you put in the upload form, pm me with the correct one.

Otherwise, I already have your information for your prize.

Those of you who were special selections, pm me as well, and we will sort out some prizes for you :)

xpac84
11-11-2007, 10:55 PM
Thanks everyone. I agree Happy. I don't know what im going to do with my time now that I don't have to refresh this site anymore....

Congrats to the other winners!

Geoff_R
11-11-2007, 10:56 PM
:beer::beer::beer:
Awesome work everyone! Congrats to the winners!!

strancali
11-11-2007, 11:06 PM
Congrats guys!

Edgen
11-11-2007, 11:11 PM
wew hew!! Congrats to all the winners! :)

Looking forward to some Love...

/j

Cryogenic Filmworks
11-11-2007, 11:22 PM
Congrats to everyone who took the time and effort to create an entry. That in and of itself was commendable. Special congratulations to the winners of the fest. There were several that hung out at the top level for me but the three finalists edged out the rest when I clicked send. Excellent films guys.

andoguru
11-11-2007, 11:26 PM
Hey guys,

Congratulations to all the entries and to the winners!

Lovefest, hmm? From all the twisted entries from this festival, I'm going to really look forward to some 'interesting' love stories.

Laters,
Ando

ilauzirika
11-11-2007, 11:43 PM
great, congrats to all the winners.

Brandon Rice
11-12-2007, 12:20 AM
Question:
Anyone win for BEST EDIT?

Just curious

Matt Harris
11-12-2007, 12:37 AM
Placing is huge around these parts, i appreciate it. Congrats to the winners and everyone else who poured blood sweat and tears into their entries. It was one of the more intense fests i've seen recently in the dvxuser world.

mikkowilson
11-12-2007, 12:37 AM
Well done everyone and congratulations to all the winners!

Again the level of work & quality on the entries was raised this fest. Some of you still have a ways to go, but by no means was any entry poor. And there was some FANTASTIC work in the mix too.

I really honestly had a hard time voting. You guys should see the post I made in the Mod section with my votes for mod-squad prizes ... I must have listed well over half the films for some prize or whatnot. And even picking out those was tough! EVERYONE did a fantastic job.

Also, a little bit of BTS insight into the fests...
Hardly a week goes by that Larry doesn't PM me to discuss some new feature on the fest system he's working on.

The last few weeks before uploading I swear he sleeps at his computer ... and if only his boss knew what he's really doing at work (probably better that they don't!). That guy must think in code.

While most people are out shooting, Larry is already putting together lists of Mirrors to start deploying the distribution system.

Once uploads begin, Larry personally watches each entry, and not just quickly through once, but meticulously checking for adherence to the rules. Apparently it takes him about 15 minutes to approve each entry; at 41 entries, that's about 10 HOURS ... just approving films. Think about your day rate for 10 hours (without lunch!).

Then he manually pushes the films out to each mirror server - a system he is slowly hand coding automation for. And when viewing begins and everyone sits back to watch the films, Larry doesn't quit! He's STILL going, keeping track of downloads, re-doing the entire process for problematic files, and then making download stats pages for the mirror providers!

And then on occasion he even comes and just posts on the forum, like a normal person!

hehe, he's not going to talk to me for a week after I've just published all his "secret" behind the scenes workings ... but I'm sure when he does, he'll have some new feature to be tested!

Larry, you rock!

Oh yeah, and thanks to all the mirror providers too that help to make the downloading run smoothly.

- Mikko

Jay Rodriguez
11-12-2007, 12:39 AM
wow congrats fellas!

deedive
11-12-2007, 12:52 AM
congrates to all the winners (aka everyone that entered)

We need to get a composer award into the next fest!

Matt Harris
11-12-2007, 01:20 AM
thanks mikkowilson for sharing, i know Larry and the mod squad do a ton of work but it really adds up when you do the math. thanks guys.

Deedive good idea for the composer credit.

Jack Daniel Stanley
11-12-2007, 02:27 AM
Congrats all. Really great work. It was a lot of fun.

Good picks on the winners.

:beer:

Simon Höfer
11-12-2007, 03:05 AM
Congratulations also fom my side! And thank you very much for your hard work Larry!

Maximus
11-12-2007, 04:07 AM
Congratulations all! Well deserved. :thumbsup:

kennethhurd
11-12-2007, 05:15 AM
Congrats everybody!!!!! I'm looking forward to the next fest!

mentatDUKE
11-12-2007, 05:41 AM
Congrats to all the winners! Great fest. Looking forward to the next one.

Dmitry Yun
11-12-2007, 06:43 AM
Awesome :P Congratulations, to the winners you guys rocked!

Robbie Comeau
11-12-2007, 06:50 AM
Congrats everyone! Literally can't wait to start and finish the next one!

jvi97
11-12-2007, 06:56 AM
Being my first fest I have a long way to go. To all that entered and those that won, congrates your hard work showed. I'm going to "Love" to bet you guys/girls next fest, so look out.
-Jeff

tmpafilmer25
11-12-2007, 07:55 AM
Congrats to the winners and all who entered.

Looking forward to the details for Lovefest.

smashedburrito
11-12-2007, 08:42 AM
Congratulations everyone! Great fest all around. Thanks for all the hard work putting these things together mods, it is totally worth it.

Jaime V
11-12-2007, 08:48 AM
Congrats everyone, see y'all in Love Fest :)

SimonB
11-12-2007, 10:59 AM
Congrats to everyone! Fantastic films again for this fest.

Looking forward to the next one, and hopefully I will also have an entry.:)

insanityfw
11-12-2007, 11:18 AM
Congratulations to everybody!!!

Chris Messineo
11-12-2007, 01:49 PM
Congratulations to all the winners and those who took part.

I keep thinking I will take part in one of these fests and then chickening out. I have a deep respect for all of you who throw your hat into the ring.

rSh
11-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Great job everyone. I enjoyed watcing your work. Kepp it up!

traviscool
11-12-2007, 10:33 PM
Great job, congratulations to the winners!

Marlon Ladd
11-13-2007, 10:53 AM
If I haven't already said it, congrats. to everybody. I had alot of fun participating in this fest. and learned alot.