PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News!!

CHE
11-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Associated Press

Washington DC - In a surprising political power play, dvxuser.com forum moderator BARRY_S declared a state of emergency over the popular website. With draconian efficiency, Barry outlawed all discussion concerning the next DVXfest. When interviewed Barry was quoted as saying "Running this site is like hearding cats...the users all want a voice in the next fest. They have suggested BloodFest, NoirFest, and TrailerFest...but I say, what about OPERAFEST??" The moderator then got more agitated and broke out into a rendition of Il Ritorno d'Ulisse in Patria.

Jarred Land was unavailable for comment and some suspect that he has taken refuge at reduser.net

The state of emergency is expected to last until the end of the next DVXFest. At that time, Barry said he would relinquish control if at least 5 quality entries were submitted adhering to the following guidelines:

1) The festival category is an extra long feature film with the theme of OPERA.
2) Contest open to every country and films must be in ITALIAN.
3) All films must contain a line of dialogue "I love Barry because he is the greatest opera virtuoso ever!"
4) All films must contain the use of at least 1 of the 3 tenors ( Placido Domingo, Jose Carreras and Luciano Pavarotti.)
5) The total running length is to be at least 2 hours and not exceed 3.

END

Ben Sliker
11-04-2007, 03:15 PM
4) All films must contain the use of at least 1 of the 3 tenors ( [/SIZE]Placido Domingo, Jose Carreras and Luciano Pavarotti.)

That's gonna be a little hard considering one of them is dead, but if anyone gets pavarotti to crawl out of his grave ... they have my vote.

Cryogenic Filmworks
11-04-2007, 03:18 PM
Well since Luciano just passed away, I guess that narrows the selection of Tenors to a flip of the coin.

(oops hybridtheory beat me to it).

Still....

Barry_S
11-04-2007, 04:20 PM
OperaFest would be great. Clearly the world needs more 5 minute zombie operas. I wouldn't exactly call myself an opera virtuoso as Venetians have been known to dive into their foul canals at the sound of my singing, hoping to end their lives before hearing another note. However, I promise to give your suggestion careful consideration.

CHE
11-04-2007, 06:18 PM
OperaFest poster has just been released:

http://img.geocaching.com/cache/log/a1bf1e11-33ef-4116-96ae-95d36e815ef2.jpg

Michael Anthony Horrigan
11-04-2007, 06:20 PM
LOL! That's awesome!

:)

Wild Imagination Films
11-05-2007, 05:28 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, the bottom of the barrel.

CHE
11-05-2007, 05:51 PM
Not sure how to take that one???

W.I.F., could you elaborate?

Zim
11-05-2007, 06:45 PM
If we do the Opera Fest, I'm going back to Savannah and get this guy. I don't want a normal opera. I want a modern day street opera!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzobqSA4fxc

Wild Imagination Films
11-06-2007, 09:06 AM
JK about the poster and such. You know, scraping the bottom of the barrel. Guess it was funnier when I was feverish.

x-angel
11-06-2007, 10:52 AM
Maybe Andrew Kramer could write a "ressurection effect" tutorial...