PDA

View Full Version : CHARLIE BLACK.......by Slice

Slice
10-31-2007, 07:45 PM
Thought it was about time I post a thread for my film.

Slice

cinealma
11-02-2007, 10:09 PM
REVIEW:
I liked the atmosphere you created here. More of a long scene/sequence than a film, but I liked where you were going with it. I hope to see more stuff from you.

FILMMAKER-TO-FILMMAKER:
Please post some info on the production so we can get a little feel for you as a filmmaker. I like the colors. The sound seemed to have a lot of dead space in it. I liked a lot of your shot set-ups. Good stuff. Keep up the good work!

Ben Sliker
11-04-2007, 05:02 PM
slice,

proud to be the third post in your thread. I would re-iterate cinealma's comments about posting more about your film or about yourself, you'll probably get more feedback that way.

This one did feel a little imcomplete to me, but you did do a couple things quite nicely, including the rack focuses and the buzz sounds with the insert "crazy" shots, those were the highlights for me. Acting was okay, but the f-word in the middle seemed a little unnecessary, kinda took me out of the surreal feel of the piece.

If you need any help with compression in the future, PM me, i think could have commented more for you technically if it had been a little bigger. Good job getting something in for the fest!

mentatDUKE
11-04-2007, 06:12 PM
Hi Slice,
I thought your use of shallow depth of field was effective here in setting the mood. having things soft and slightly blurred helped sell the character's state of mind. I agree that the colors looked good also.

Cool stuff.

Marlon Ladd
11-07-2007, 08:08 PM
I like the duality of this film. Mine was kind of like this. I was really drawn into the story when the guy was in the closet and peeking out, because you're like really trying to figure out what's going on. It kept pretty good pace and was entertaining.

andoguru
11-08-2007, 12:40 AM
Hey Slice,

I liked the feel of the film. The low res was a little distracting at times...was that just a compression problem or something to do with the 2:35.

I thought the story was spooky but I didn't understand exactly what was going on besides this guy being trapped in this small moment in time. Why was he there? Why did he kill himself? I couldn't make out the picture but assumed it was him and maybe a girl/wife/loved one, but what happened to her?

The "f-bomb" in the dialogue was a little out of place.

I thought the lighting and the shots were very good.

Laters,

Ando

Michael Anthony Horrigan
11-08-2007, 06:14 AM
I could definitely help with compression as well. That kind of took me out of this one a bit.

You created an interesting film here and used a lot of cool shots as well.
Keep at it!

Mike