PDA

View Full Version : Straight out of the box overcrank footage.

[fi]
10-28-2007, 07:23 PM
Hello all,

I've seen a few requests for HPX footage. I just picked one up for our production company to shoot a television pilot for a client.

Here is a straight out of the box and turn it on overcranked footage.

I believe the recording settings were 720 24pn and the scene file setting was at 60 fps, played back on FCP 24p timeline and encoded with QT Conversion to DVCProHD 720p codec. It's a little over 100megs so you might want to right click and save to disk or open file straight from QT Player:

http://clients.filmmakersinc.com/dvx/test720p60_24-2.mov

[fi]

Seamus McFlannel
10-28-2007, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the footage. It looks great.

Brad Neal
10-29-2007, 06:45 AM
Anything special about the QT codec?

My QT player is telling me that I need additional software to play it back.

-Brad

Robbie Comeau
10-29-2007, 09:16 AM
Maybe a higher shutterspeed would be better

THoff
10-29-2007, 07:43 PM
Anything special about the QT codec?

My QT player is telling me that I need additional software to play it back.

-BradIf the video is in its native DVCProHD format, then you can't view it under Windows or on a Mac that doesn't have the DVCProHD QuickTime component that comes with FCP/FCS on it.

DVCProHD is not a good distribution format, most people can't view it, and it requires far too much bandwidth.

Brad Neal
10-30-2007, 01:26 PM
If the video is in its native DVCProHD format, then you can't view it under Windows or on a Mac that doesn't have the DVCProHD QuickTime component that comes with FCP/FCS on it.

DVCProHD is not a good distribution format, most people can't view it, and it requires far too much bandwidth.

That must be the problem. It keeps crashing my browser.

chocblu
11-01-2007, 03:39 AM
I would rather it in DVHCPRO-HD format. then at least i can have a look at it as it comes out of the camera. Thats what i want to see. Not something that came of a camera, then encoded with h264. If im analysing a camera, and not the cinematographer that is.

THoff
11-06-2007, 09:47 PM
I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just telling you guys why some of you can't view the video.