PDA

View Full Version : dvx100b with andromeda and 35mm camera

arunrudra
10-24-2007, 10:00 AM
Hello
I am new to film making. I have some questions please help.
If i shoot a film with dvx 100b with andromeda on hard drive and transfer it onto 35mm film, will i get the image close to the image originaly shot by 35mm camera. If so how much difference would it be.

If i make a movie with dvx100b with andromeda and transfer to 35mm, will it be acceptable for theatrical release.

Are their any movies shot on dvx100b for theatrical release?

Please help

Thanks,
Arin

cardmaverick
10-24-2007, 06:43 PM
Hi Arin,

I currently shoot with the system. How well the system performs is totally dependent on the DP behind the lens.

The resolution of film is far greater than what Andromeda can achieve, it also has more dynamic range.

As for making a good transfer, I couldn't tell you, but I'm willing to be bet it would transfer quite nicely.

As for being acceptable for theatrical release, again, it really depends on the DP behind the lens. I'm sure it can be done, but only by someone who is very good at using the Andromeda.

Hope that helps!

Valibus
10-24-2007, 07:12 PM
Murderball, A Scanner Darkly, and Jackass were shot with the DVX and has 35mm theatrical release. But they are a documentary, semi-animated film, and a reality based film so cinematography MAY take a backseat. cardmaverick is right, it's all about the DP and the lighting. This link names films shot with the DVX
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panasonic_AG-DVX100