PDA

View Full Version : "next Photo"

rfox
10-24-2007, 10:07 AM
Poster for the movie "Next Photo." Our first entry in a dvxuser.com contest.

http://www.rlfox.com/misc/NextPhoto-poster.jpg

rfox
10-24-2007, 10:13 AM
Cast list for the movie "Next Photo"

Matt - Andrew Michael
Melissa - Andrea Austin
Randy - Charles Pearman
server - Donna Jackson
staff - Doug Stewart

Directed by Russell Fox
Produced by John Wee and Russell Fox
Executive Producer - vazVanelli

Script completed 10-17-2007
Filmed at Vanelli's Restaurant in Tupelo, Mississippi, on 10/17 and 10/22.

Original music by Toby Herndon and Michael Brose.

I am looking forward to seeing all the other films, there's such a wealth of talent on dvxuser.com! And we are grateful for the opportunity to submit our modest movie.
-Russell

http://www.rlfox.com/misc/NP-Melissa%20and%20Randy.jpg

Andrea Austin (in full compliance with dvxuser.com film contest rules :smile:) and Charles Pearman.

http://www.rlfox.com/misc/NP-Matt.jpg

Andrew Michael

DarkMatter
10-24-2007, 10:17 AM
Welcome to the fest, will be looking for it!

Brandon Rice
10-24-2007, 10:24 AM
That second grab looks really good!

Good luck :thumbsup:

Michael Anthony Horrigan
10-24-2007, 11:46 AM
Love seeing new entries!
Good luck.

(Typed from my Wii)

Jay Rodriguez
10-24-2007, 04:10 PM
hey good luck guys!

DimmuJed
10-25-2007, 08:44 AM
Does this movie star Nicholas Cage AND Robin Williams!? If so, it's already a classic.

mentatDUKE
11-04-2007, 06:05 PM
I liked the concept of this. Pretty creative. The ending confused me a bit however.

Ben Sliker
11-04-2007, 06:28 PM
rfox,

the concept of this was really neat, the camera tells truth ... cool, not quite sure about the ending, i think it needed a little more explanation.

You shot some crisp and clean images for this short, for the future i would work on your composition and framing a little more, i felt like what you had was a little jumpy between the two parts of the booth conversation. Also explore some dialogue transitions, the person who is talking doesn't always have to be on screen. Good job getting a film into the fest!

Seriously.... who has that many icons on their desktop ... that was insane!

cinealma
11-07-2007, 06:14 PM
REVIEW:
Nicely shot little film. The acting was good, but the boyfriend's acting was a little flat. A nice film, really. Good job.

FILMMAKER-TO-FILMMAKER:
I think I got the ending in that Randy shot the girl, thus the camera's picture of the dead girl with a bullet hole in her neck. We see the boyfriend walk into the back and heading to go into the office, just like the camera showed.

Again, this was a very good looking film. Great job and thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

cinealma
11-07-2007, 06:16 PM
Seriously.... who has that many icons on their desktop ... that was insane!

Um, mine does here at work, except it looks that way on both of my monitors.

No, seriously. My actual real desk looks the same... papers all over the place. BUT, I know EXACTLY where everything is.

andoguru
11-08-2007, 12:26 AM
Hey rfox,

I thought the story was a cool idea.

The acting was a little rough, but I thought your actors looked the parts. You have a lot of decent shots and good lighting to go with it.

I got a little confused at the ending who shot who...it would have been good to see a shot of the guy with the camera dead on the ground.

Nice locations too.

Laters,
Ando

rfox
11-08-2007, 08:32 AM
I certainly appreciate everyone's comments. Very helpful.

We are going to re-work the ending for another film festival so that it's a little more clear as to what happened. The 5-minute limit bit into the story a little too much. We didn't start this project until the first week in October, so I'm just happy we finished in time :)

I'm already excited about the next dvxuser fest!

Thanks again for the input,
Russell