PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Strangler

Le Blanc
09-29-2007, 05:48 PM
I've been lurking around these forums for a very long time. It is high time I start participating, and offer this:

Perfect Strangler... the story about a man whose roommate has a somewhat antisocial hobby.

http://andyleblanc.com/New%20Perfect%20Strangler.jpg
*I've tried to fix up the poster a bit based on comments in this thread, the previous version can be found here (http://andyleblanc.com/Perfect%20Strangler.jpg)

I've been wanting to produce something with "Strangler" in the title since I saw the trailer for "When a Stranger Calls" and thought it was called "When a Strangler Calls". I probably would have seen it, had that one extra letter made it into the title. Other possibilities were "Perfect Stranglers", "Stranglers in the Night" and "Strangler than Fiction".

At this point, the script is done and everything is in place. Even if disaster strikes, we're shooting most of it this week.

Brandon Rice
09-29-2007, 05:50 PM
Awesome! Love seeing stuff from first-timers!

ryan brown
09-29-2007, 06:13 PM
Wait... is this supposed to be "Perfect Stranger", or "Perfect Strangler"??

Your post confused me a bit.

Le Blanc
09-29-2007, 06:15 PM
Strangler. Definitely Strangler. I'm going to edit the first post to make it clearer.

DannyDarko
09-29-2007, 06:33 PM
Thats a great title and a really good tag line. This ought to be cool.

Weston
09-29-2007, 07:57 PM
Somewhat antisocial? haha...

I like your poster.....and it sounds interesting. I'm looking forward to it.

ryan brown
09-30-2007, 07:56 PM
Strangler. Definitely Strangler. I'm going to edit the first post to make it clearer.

Might just want to edit the poster itself...

DarkMatter
09-30-2007, 08:14 PM
Excellent play on words, looking forward to it!

Simon Höfer
10-01-2007, 03:08 AM
Might just want to edit the poster itself...

Or you should wash your eyes ;)

tmnt
10-01-2007, 03:44 AM
The poster's cool man but yeah, the L is not apparent, maybe darker that bit of blood?

Glideshot
10-01-2007, 07:13 AM
The poster's cool man but yeah, the L is not apparent, maybe darker that bit of blood?

I agree...

I love the poster, but it wasn't until Nomis pointed it out that I caught the Bloody "L".

Good Luck with this one, I'll be watching for it!

Le Blanc
10-01-2007, 09:54 AM
Thanks guys. Based on this, and a quick survey here at the office, it looks like more people miss the L than see it. I kind of ruined my original poster test subjects by showing it to them before it was finished (before the bloody garotte wire and tag line were added, the L was a little more obvious). When I get back home, I'll slide the L a bit to the right, and darken it.

ryan brown
10-01-2007, 11:21 AM
Or you should wash your eyes ;)

Ohhhh... I see it now. I honestly looked and looked at the poster for more than a minute before it jumped out at me.

Sorry... I'm an alcoholic:embarasse

majormorgan
10-20-2007, 03:17 PM
Poster looks amazing !!! Any stills or news as yet? I wanted to enter this competiton but have been wrapped up at work so I'll have to wait for the next one. Good luck on the enry, lets see some stuff !

Thanks
Richard,
The Major