PDA

View Full Version : most proffesional camera to have neg colour effect?

themagickite
09-29-2007, 11:34 AM
what are some really good cameras that have the cheesy colour neg effect? good simply meaning visual quality.

DM_rider
09-29-2007, 03:17 PM
do that in post, no "good cameras" have built in effects like that. You only find that in super cheap camerass that you can get for $300 at wal-mart.

themagickite
09-29-2007, 11:16 PM
i'm doing a bit of research into DIY colour negative telecine, and supposedly using a camera with a built in 'neg' effect vastly increases the quality , cause the image is inverted before being compressed.

as far as i can make out the HC7 is the best camera out there at the moment to offer the effect.

NOMADIC
09-30-2007, 05:12 AM
i think i understand your "method" your going to use for your telecine, i dont know how well its going to work, but anyway...

you could use a REALLY camera, then send it thru this thing (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/485162-REG/Sima_SFX_10_SFX_10_Video_Mixer.html)

and then capture it. its a little bit pricey but you might find something similar... or use a good camera, run it thru a cheapo camera with the effects, then capture it.

but once again, I don't know how well your idea is going to work... you might have some major flicker issues.

themagickite
09-30-2007, 11:57 AM
even with something like that, your taking the compressed output of the camera in question then inverting the colour, the cheapo cheesy in-camera neg effect, inverts the raw image, then applies compression.

of course flicker will be overcome by some means, i'm still not sure what though, there are many different options out there

NOMADIC
10-11-2007, 02:27 PM
even with something like that, your taking the compressed output of the camera in question then inverting the colour, the cheapo cheesy in-camera neg effect, inverts the raw image, then applies compression.

of course flicker will be overcome by some means, i'm still not sure what though, there are many different options out there

I didn't mean record on the nice camera..just run thru the camera, it won't be compressed till its on tape...so you run thru the video out or hdmi/SDI out to the othert camera with the neg effect, and then have it record from there. It should do the trick...the important part is capturing thru the best glass.... but once again.. I have no clue how well this will even work...

themagickite
10-13-2007, 12:59 AM
is it possible to send hdmi from one cam to another? if so then thats pretty cool
i think that you'd have to do it in vcr mode though, which prolly won't allow the use of the neg effect.

NOMADIC
10-13-2007, 02:28 AM
ah yeah.. good point... probably wont work in vcr mode.