PDA

View Full Version : CS2 history

USLatin
09-27-2007, 05:40 PM
is there a way to set the number of undo's possible to a higher number?

I bet not but I don't want to let a settings gem go to waste just because I didn't want to ask a noob question :D

Matt Grunau
09-27-2007, 11:27 PM
Go to Edit>Preferences, and the first window that appears in your preferences allows you to change your how many undos you want. You can go all the way up to 99, but 50 is usually more than enough, and 99 begins to eat RAM that you may need.

Go through all of the preferences and familiarize yourself with them. Use Help to get a more detailed description of what each does.

The Video Preview is very handy. By familiarizing yourself with the preferences, as you system changes (additional hard drives and whatnot) you will want to make changes to things like Scratch Disk, and others.

USLatin
09-28-2007, 12:51 AM
Go to Edit>Preferences, and the first window that appears in your preferences allows you to change your how many undos you want. You can go all the way up to 99, but 50 is usually more than enough, and 99 begins to eat RAM that you may need.

Go through all of the preferences and familiarize yourself with them. Use Help to get a more detailed description of what each does.

The Video Preview is very handy. By familiarizing yourself with the preferences, as you system changes (additional hard drives and whatnot) you will want to make changes to things like Scratch Disk, and others.

Whoa! :shocked: That sounds way beyond my knowledge of Photoshop... Video window? What is that for?

I thought I was getting handy but I guess there is eons more to learn. But how could you not love that. Thanks yet again Matt!

USLatin
09-28-2007, 01:10 AM
So I set it to 99 and started messing to fill up the history... I loaded Vegas with my last project and I got it up to 1.3GB... you are right... not it makes sense why people called Photoshop a memory hog, those must be more experienced users with this setting cranked up.

It is SO nice to be able to undo more than the annoying 20!